Search found 497 matches

by matt
December 20th, 2019, 11:34 am
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Will Connors
Replies: 14
Views: 2788

Re: Will Connors

Looking forward to another big performance tonight. His low height tackle technique was very effective away to Connacht & Glasgow 2 very difficult places to go. Is he a similar type player to Dan Lydiate about 2011 as a 6? Will also be good to see if Connors, Deegan & Penny provide good balance in t...
by matt
October 10th, 2019, 7:22 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC 2019
Replies: 661
Views: 50651

Re: RWC 2019

A farce that will suit England, France, and New Zealand. Surely venues could be moved and games played behind closed doors if necessary. Japan should not have been awarded World Cup if they have annual weather issues. Not been able to complete fixtures at a World Cup is unprecedented. Probably true ...
by matt
September 28th, 2019, 10:33 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: Ireland Pool 2019 RWC
Replies: 281
Views: 27282

Re: Ireland Pool 2019 RWC

Japan were fantastic and played the game on their terms but as with game v Wales in March some questions about angus Gardner’s performance
by matt
September 2nd, 2019, 11:47 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC2019 31-man squad
Replies: 208
Views: 26920

Re: RWC2019 31-man squad

I'd be surprised and disappointed if Chris Farrell misses out. Think Larmour is a small but lucky to be going as I thought it was between him and Conway Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Current form has to be rewarded and Conway deserves his place. Last week I thought Farrell would make it but Ak...
by matt
September 2nd, 2019, 10:55 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC2019 31-man squad
Replies: 208
Views: 26920

Re: RWC2019 31-man squad

When Ruari O'Conner & Murray Kinsella are picking the exact same squad there is a fair chance it is a done deal.

Gerry Thornley has now also predicted the exact same squad.

Is it possible to keep anything secret in Ireland!

Not sure about leaving Toner out at all.
by matt
September 2nd, 2019, 10:39 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC2019 31-man squad
Replies: 208
Views: 26920

Re: RWC2019 31-man squad

It looks like decisions down to Larmour v Farrell and 2 of Toner, Kleyn & Ruddock as Marmion & Herring look to have lost close battles & Conway, Addison & Kilcoyne have played their way in. Hope Toner makes it. If he does not go we rely on Ryan & O'Mahony too much in line out even though Henderson w...
by matt
August 31st, 2019, 8:32 pm
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC2019 31-man squad
Replies: 208
Views: 26920

Re: RWC2019 31-man squad

Kilcoyne ensured his place ahead of Jack Mc Grath today so Cronin v Herring only decision to make in the front row. Kleyn will go as 4th lock as otherwise Ryan and Toner only Tight side locks and Beirne will go as a no 6 who can cover in second row. If only 5 on 17/14 split back row then Beirne, Con...
by matt
August 26th, 2019, 1:33 pm
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC 2019 Warmup Games
Replies: 295
Views: 32303

Re: RWC 2019 Warmup Games

The line out has always been key for Ireland and Ryan & Toner have never been more important than they are now. With Conan at 8 and Van Der Flier at 7 I would like to see Henderson at 6 where he has always looked good for Ulster & would provide much needed aggression. O'Mahony a bench option but Sta...
by matt
August 2nd, 2019, 12:53 pm
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC2019 31-man squad
Replies: 208
Views: 26920

Re: RWC2019 31-man squad

The Selection for Italy next Saturday should see a lot of the players not yet considered certainties. Think our first 15 fairly well known and Aki, Carbury, Henderson and Conan also certainties and have a good chance of being starters. That leaves 12 open positions 5 extra front row, 1 second row, 1...
by matt
June 25th, 2019, 8:59 am
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Sean O Brien
Replies: 102
Views: 12941

Re: Sean O Brien

In the online world you are and will always be the worst thing you have ever done. There is no rehabilitation, no mitigation or no forgiveness. It is a world of black and white, devoid of grey Insightful.... In the real world a lot of stupid things happen and thankfully are known only to a few so t...
by matt
June 19th, 2019, 1:47 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Champions Cup 2020
Replies: 707
Views: 49840

Heineken Champions Cup 2019/20

Good draw Lyon, Northampton & Benetton
by matt
May 27th, 2019, 10:43 am
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: RWC 2019
Replies: 661
Views: 50651

Re: RWC 2019

Back row is really key for us if we are to have any chance of progressing pasts the quarter finals and also to provide more unpredictability after difficulties of the 6 nations. Like everyone I think JS is great but if Conan has not proved to him by now how much he can add to the back row then I wou...
by matt
May 18th, 2019, 8:39 pm
Forum: International Rugby
Topic: Ireland u20 2020
Replies: 581
Views: 57393

Re: Ireland u20 2018-2019

Big fan of Cj but Conan offers so much more at no 8. Not sure about the technicalities but especially against South Africa can see josh and Cj sharing game time at no 7.
by matt
May 11th, 2019, 6:56 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Five.
Replies: 471
Views: 30942

Re: The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Fi

Congrats to Saracens really strong team and deserved win.
by matt
May 11th, 2019, 3:35 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Five.
Replies: 471
Views: 30942

Re: The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Fi

The bookies think Saracens have a 53% chance, Leinster 43%, and 4% for the draw and are rarely wrong but Jack Mc Grath's inclusion on the bench together with Rhodes being missing I think gives us at least 50% chance and probably slightly more. I think they lack pace in the back row & despite Skelton...
by matt
April 21st, 2019, 5:16 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15
Replies: 412
Views: 26421

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Very professional performance looking forward to final in Newcastle
by matt
April 20th, 2019, 7:47 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15
Replies: 412
Views: 26421

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Long time reader. Watch alot of rugby. Wouldn’t agree we are cocky Most posters are very worried about tomorrow it are pointing out way win which we think we can win. There's alot of arrogance on this thread, I had to pop in. I'm a leinster fan. Talk of forwards tiring and "run them ragged" .... "T...
by matt
April 20th, 2019, 1:20 am
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15
Replies: 412
Views: 26421

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

I hope you are right about the front five running out of juice. No doubt they will be gunning for big hits on luke. In the same breath...Lowe in, for me, is a big plus...he will relish this. Stlil nervous about sunday...less so now that I have seen their lineup. There is only one way Toulouse can w...
by matt
April 19th, 2019, 9:27 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15
Replies: 412
Views: 26421

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Toulouse front five and Tekori will be blowing hard after 30 mins like in January. Their level of conditioning is very poor for a team at this stage of the competition. My only hesitation is that Seanie great player that he was must show he can still get around the field effectively otherwise there ...
by matt
April 19th, 2019, 7:09 pm
Forum: Leinster Addicts
Topic: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15
Replies: 412
Views: 26421

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4gtE1cW4AEteHK.jpg:medium A lot of big boys in that pack. Tekori at 7 the one that stands out. 6 forwards on the bench too. Ahki at 12 maybe designed to guard against Robbie's power. But he has been playing very well too. This is going to be some arm wrestle. That's a f...