F1 2009 season

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

F1 2009 season

Post by Slipper1 »

Looks at the moment like Jensen Button is the man to beat at this stage of the season. Who would have thought anyone would have said that!
The cars have been passed and the protests lodged are likley to be thrown out.

Who'll be crowned Champion?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Re: F1 2009 season

Post by Kyle »

Yeah the new Brawn GP car came out of nowhere considering what was going on with Honda!

i'm not a fan of Hamilton at all, so i hope he doesnt get it, it helps that Mc Claren have been preety slow in practice!

i think Kubica in the BMW has a good shot as well as the usual suspects of both Ferraris.
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Slipper1 wrote:Looks at the moment like Jensen Button is the man to beat at this stage of the season. Who would have thought anyone would have said that!
The cars have been passed and the protests lodged are likley to be thrown out.

Who'll be crowned Champion?
Its shocking how well Brawn are testing. It was only a matter of weeks ago Jenson thought he mightnt have a drive for the season and now he's been spoken of as one of the favourites!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

Turns out Richard Branson is going to to be heavily sposoring the new Brawn GP car
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

I reckon Brawn will have a good start to the season but Ferrari and McLaren will quickly catch up and normal order will be resumed
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

That was some start for Brawn! and what about Ferrari, neither of them finished the race!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Kyle wrote:That was some start for Brawn! and what about Ferrari, neither of them finished the race!
yep, decent race as well. I think it is key for Brawn that he keep putting in decent results at the start, that will help him sign more sponsorship as he apparently only has enough cash for the next three races. If teh appeal is thrown out in malyasia - then we will see all teams switch to the Brawn / Toyota bargeboards and that will certainly even out the field.

But all in all - a good start.
Get in the f%~king bag.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Another win for Jenson in Istanbul.....nothing can stop this guy!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

aisling7 wrote:Another win for Jenson in Istanbul.....nothing can stop this guy!
I reckon Rocky could!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

thecoolfreak wrote:I reckon Brawn will have a good start to the season but Ferrari and McLaren will quickly catch up and normal order will be resumed
Not looking that way now... not yet anyway. Depends if BR's development funds are there come the last quarter of the season.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Hickiefan wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:I reckon Brawn will have a good start to the season but Ferrari and McLaren will quickly catch up and normal order will be resumed
Not looking that way now... not yet anyway. Depends if BR's development funds are there come the last quarter of the season.
Brawn has it in the bag now. I wasn't expecting McLaren and Ferrari to be so poor. They are going to cut their losses at this stage and start developing next season's car.

On the whole Brawn thing, as Ross himself said at the weekend, the team is coming off a number of season of £400m plus investment from Honda, so when you think about it it is not so surprising that they are doing so well
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Hickiefan wrote:
Brawn has it in the bag now. I wasn't expecting McLaren and Ferrari to be so poor. They are going to cut their losses at this stage and start developing next season's car.

On the whole Brawn thing, as Ross himself said at the weekend, the team is coming off a number of season of £400m plus investment from Honda, so when you think about it it is not so surprising that they are doing so well
.... Except they're not using Honda engines !!

Engines provided by Mercedes.
T - 45
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Except they're not using Honda engines !!

Engines provided by Mercedes
Yeah but they have used the £400m investing in windtunnels, aero packages, etc. Remember this team was Honda this time last year.
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:.... Except they're not using Honda engines !!

Engines provided by Mercedes.
An important part of why they're foing well!
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Interesting to see how qualifying goes this afternoon after Hamilton topped the timesheets in practice!
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Webber takes pole for tomorrow's GP.
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Fom formula1.com
Ferrari’s Felipe Massa will not race in Sunday’s Hungarian Grand Prix following his high-speed qualifying crash at the Hungaroring, the team have confirmed. Massa was airlifted to AEK Hospital in Budapest, where he is in a stable condition.

“Felipe was conscious at the arrival at the hospital,” said a Ferrari statement, adding that Massa had suffered a cut on his forehead, concussion and a bone lesion of the skull. Massa underwent surgery to treat these conditions, the outcome of which was positive. He will now remain under observation in intensive care.

The Brazilian speared off the track and into the tyre wall at Turn 4 late in the Q2 session after debris, thought to be a suspension spring from the Brawn car of Rubens Barrichello, struck his helmet.

Medics were quickly in attendance and the start of Q3 was delayed as they extricated the Brazilian. After initial examinations at the medical centre, Massa, eighth fastest in Q2, was transferred to hospital for further checks.

Ferrari are expected to release an update on Massa's condition on Sunday morning.
Let's hope he's ok.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

gERI
Knowledgeable

Post by gERI »

I'm in shock!!! Its on Sky News that he has fractured his skull and he is in a serious and life threatening but stable condition. As a Ferrari fan I'm in complete shock.

My thoughts are with Felipe and his family and friends.

Geri
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

gERI wrote:I'm in shock!!! Its on Sky News that he has fractured his skull and he is in a serious and life threatening but stable condition. As a Ferrari fan I'm in complete shock.

My thoughts are with Felipe and his family and friends.

Geri
Yep... the F1 report seems to be somewhat optimistic in comparison to what is on sky at the moment.