Dublin GAA Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Post by nelly the elephant »

Donny B. wrote:Totally revved uo for the game tomorrow!

You are not alone grasshopper......It's gonna be epic....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Totally revved uo for the game tomorrow!

You are not alone grasshopper......It's gonna be epic....
Smashing day for it too.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Can anyone recommend a link for the game?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Edit: Completely wrong information supplied - apols
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I have Bumbleflex
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Dave Cahill wrote:Try http://www.viponlinesports.eu/
DC - did you do download the app or use the other links..??
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Hup de Dubs!!!!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Sea_point wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Try http://www.viponlinesports.eu/
DC - did you do download the app or use the other links..??
I watched it on TV, but I checked the other links and it was on the second one. I can't use the likes of Sopcast as I'm on a Mac. I did use sopcast in the past though and found it very good
I have Bumbleflex
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Jeez....I have to say we looked awesomely strong today.....a 15 point win in a final? Hardly good in the overall scheme of things but given the Dubs had no U21's involved including the likes of Costello and McCaffrey...? Looking set fair for another tilt at Sam in 2014.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Awesome display by the Dublin under-21s today. Fair play to Roscommon for giving it a bit of a rattle in the second half though, no one wants to see a young side totally walloped.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Donny B. wrote:Awesome display by the Dublin under-21s today. Fair play to Roscommon for giving it a bit of a rattle in the second half though, no one wants to see a young side totally walloped.
Was it on the goggler....didn't see it advertised?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Awesome display by the Dublin under-21s today. Fair play to Roscommon for giving it a bit of a rattle in the second half though, no one wants to see a young side totally walloped.
Was it on the goggler....didn't see it advertised?
TG4. Next stop for the Dubs........world domination.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

4-in-a-row in Leinster(football) today.............looking reaaly good. I have huge faith in the management team. They have us so fit, so focussed and so clinical...all the time playing great football.
It will take a very good team playing well to stop us(but we're still beatable I think under the wright/wrong circumstances)...unfortunately a lot of the pundits want to hand us Sam now out of expediency. :roll:
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Will playing very little football, and against absolute rubbish teams, be a worry? Who could stop the Dubs now anyway? Kerry (maybe under some very, very lucky circumstances)? Can't begrudge such success / dominance when the brand of football is so good.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

In truth the Dubs could have done with Meath giving them a decent game. Meath were desperate though, nowhere near the level of last year and the game was done by half-time.

Dublin will play either Monaghan, Armagh or Kildare in the quarters. Can't see it being Kildare so they will finally come up against a tough Northern team with a blanket defence. That should be a strong test and if they get though that, they'll most likely have an even tougher Northern team with a blanket defence in Donegal in the semi's.

So far everyone had gone man on man with Dublin and the results have shown what a suicidal tactic that is. They'll have to come up with a different plan to beat the Ulster teams and that will be more revealing of their true standard than the merry waltz they had through Leinster.

Oh and suisse would have loved the sporting applause the Hill gave to Meath's consolation goal yesterday. Surely the deepest cut? :wink:
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Donny B. wrote:Can't see it being Kildare so they will finally come up against a tough Northern team with a blanket defence. That should be a strong test and if they get though that, they'll most likely have an even tougher Northern team with a blanket defence in Donegal in the semi's.
When was the last time Dublin played an Ulster team at the top of their game in the championship? Not that I think it'll matter who they play this year. They look to be well ahead of any of their rivals and only a very bad day at the office coupled with a perfect day for the opposition will stop them IMHO.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Avenger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Can't see it being Kildare so they will finally come up against a tough Northern team with a blanket defence. That should be a strong test and if they get though that, they'll most likely have an even tougher Northern team with a blanket defence in Donegal in the semi's.
When was the last time Dublin played an Ulster team at the top of their game in the championship? Not that I think it'll matter who they play this year. They look to be well ahead of any of their rivals and only a very bad day at the office coupled with a perfect day for the opposition will stop them IMHO.
Probably Donegal in the semi in 2011. They did struggle badly with McGuinness's ultra-defensive set-up but they got there in the end. Dublin are a far better team than they were then though.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

meinster wrote:Will playing very little football, and against absolute rubbish teams, be a worry? Who could stop the Dubs now anyway? Kerry (maybe under some very, very lucky circumstances)? Can't begrudge such success / dominance when the brand of football is so good.
Outside of Ulster, where the standard hasn't been particularly high, none of the favourites have had a tough run so far.

Derry tried the blanket defence in the league final and were hammered. Monaghan and Donegal are better teams but I'd doubt Monaghan's ability to get enough scores to beat Dublin. Donegal will be the biggest challenge.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Dublin looked very very good. A friend of mine called me to say that he couldn't see anyone beating us. Nothing strange you might think, except he's from Cork and you know you're good when that shower of begrudgers are complimenting you.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Donny B. wrote:Oh and suisse would have loved the sporting applause the Hill gave to Meath's consolation goal yesterday. Surely the deepest cut? :wink:
Meath will beat Armagh.

I really thought Meath had a decent chance on Sunday. I was getting ready to fake quote you and Nelly again. Devastated I couldn't abuse the quote system this time :D