Extracts from 'Torres - El Nino: My Story'

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Bones
Mullet

Extracts from 'Torres - El Nino: My Story'

Post by Bones »

Sounds like a cracking read

* 'I'd been told about Costco and so we decided to go in and have a look. As we were going through the door, the security guard stopped. We assumed he was asking for a member's card that we didn't have and so, not being able to explain in English, we just turned and left without a word. The next day I was told if you're not a member you can't shop there.'

* 'Some nights, I even dared to pick up the phone and order food. When it turned up, it was nearly always what I wanted.'

* 'For a change, we sometimes play cards, even though I'm not one for the typical footballer's game like poker or the games played with a 40-card Spanish deck, like mus or pocha. But I do enjoy playing brisca and tute, Spanish games similar to trumps.'

* 'In Spain I hadn't put together a single wardrobe but here in England I found myself in the position where I either had to get on and do it or the box would just gather dust.'

* 'My determination to finish the job off meant that one night in 2007 I didn't finish until the small hours. I had come home in a bad mood after we had lost 1-0 at home to Olympic Marseilles in the Champions League. I decided the best way to work the frustration out of my system was to put together two pieces of furniture for the living room. By the time I had finished it was 4am.

I have to say I'm left literally gagging for less. He makes Alan Shearer sound interesting.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Re: Extracts from 'Torres - El Nino: My Story'

Post by T.C.B. »

That's a minute of my life I'll never get back.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

T.C.B. wrote:That's a minute of my life I'll never get back.
Ah but I saved you several hours. You'll never buy the book now.
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

He's as boring as he looks.....now there is a Ladyboy!!!!!!!
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Who gives a sh*t, he's still the best striker in the world!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Thanks god he's so pretty
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4