Rep of Ireland v Montenegro

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

intothewest
Graduate

Rep of Ireland v Montenegro

Post by intothewest »

Did anyone else die a little inside watching that? Thats even before you realise that Zinedine Kilbane has 100 caps and still cant kick a ball properly...hmm. Makes you appreciate rugby.
"Ne jamais pas perdre sa passionne..ou s'en..eloigner vite!."...E.C

“Did he have hands? Did he have a face, yes? Then it wasnt us.”..Sergei Malatov
Amz
Mullet

Re: Rep of Ireland v Montenegro

Post by Amz »

I couldn't bring myself to watch it. I just haven't been able to properly watch soccer lately. At least in a lot of low scoring rugby games there's still a bit of action, but with football, more often than not, it's a snoozefest. The way Ireland play too, they're much happier without the football, which seems odd to me. Fair play to them for remaining unbeaten, but they certainly didn't set the world alight and I do worry for them in the play-offs.
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

I was at the game. Not going to get those 2 hours of my life back. To make it worse my match programme got swiped from under the seat!
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Was at the game.

Brought the girlfriend... needless to say, she wasn't impressed...

Since Jenno can't play rugby for a while I think he could be due for a call-up by Trap!
bluedabadi
Knowledgeable

Post by bluedabadi »

I felt like I was robbed of 2 hours of my life... just shows, a bad game of rugby is 10 times better than a bad game of soccer... come to think of it , is also better than a good game of soccer.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

one word to describe last night: DOUR
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Let's be honest, pretty much every game under Trap has been awful entertainment.

But hell we're in the play-offs! (Although I wish that meant as much to me as it used to! :( )
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

We're playing muck football, but at least we're playing muck football and getting results. That's an awfully big difference from getting our @rses handed to us in Cyprus...

Cannot wait for the draw.

Cannot wait for the playoffs.

South Africa HERE WE COME BABY!!!!
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Did we beat anyone apart from Georgia & Cyprus? 4 wins out of 10 games in what was the weakest group in Europe (in my opinion) is pretty awful.
Like what Donny said, I just don't seem to care as much as I did in the good old days of 88, 90 & 94, and even 2002 to a lesser extent.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

dingbat wrote:We're playing muck football, but at least we're playing muck football and getting results. That's an awfully big difference from getting our @rses handed to us in Cyprus...

Cannot wait for the draw.

Cannot wait for the playoffs.

South Africa HERE WE COME BABY!!!!
We haven't beaten a decent team since September 2001 in a qualifier. When have we been getting results?

The match against Italy was a no lose situation. We were effectively though and had we won, Italy would probably have won the group nonethless. But at least beating them in Dublin would have given the team confidence that they can overturn a top class team with the play-offs looming. How can we be considered favourites, or even likely to qualify, when we can't keep clean sheets and we have forgotten how to beat anyone good?