Jan Molby wonder goal...........

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Leinster Exile
Mullet

Jan Molby wonder goal...........

Post by Leinster Exile »

In my chavier youthful days I used to support Liverpool and Molby was my favourite player.
I had heard about this wonder goal he scored against Utd.
Well here it is in all its eh um glory

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/ ... goal-.html
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Jan Molby wonder goal...........

Post by Donny B. »

Molby was my favourite Liverpool player growing up. One of the best passers of the ball I've ever seen.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Donny B. wrote:Molby was my favourite Liverpool player growing up. One of the best passers of the ball I've ever seen.
Great footballer for such a big (and rotund) guy, definantely never missed a fish supper in his life. Remember back in the day hearing Molby in one of his first interviews half expecting the Swedish Chef from the Mupets and hearing this extra from Brookie instead..

Top bannana is Mr Molby...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
grandslam
Beginner

Post by grandslam »

Jeez he sure could move for a chunky bloke, and what a shot, he couldn't have hit it any harder.

The defender backing off was very poor though, mind u werent united like liverpool (are now)then and vice versa.
exiledinmunster
Beginner

Post by exiledinmunster »

grandslam wrote:Jeez he sure could move for a chunky bloke, and what a shot, he couldn't have hit it any harder.

The defender backing off was very poor though, mind u werent united like liverpool (are now)then and vice versa.

United were never as bad as the bindippers are now.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

exiledinmunster wrote:United were never as bad as the bindippers are now.
Was it 1989 they were nearly relegated?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Avenger wrote:
exiledinmunster wrote:United were never as bad as the bindippers are now.
Was it 1989 they were nearly relegated?
Well one of them, they finished 11th in 85-86 & 88-89 (Liverpool 2nd in both) and 13th in 89-90 (Liverpool = Champions).

The last time Liverpool finished outside the top Eight? Was the last time we dropped out of the top flight in 1953-54, some 20 years before United's last dip down to the lower divisions.....

1973-74
In a critical fixture United lost 0-1 at Everton and next had to beat Manchester City at home to have any chance of survival. A tense stalemate was broken in the 82nd minute when Denis Law back-heeled the ball past Stepney to stun the watching 57,000 :clap: . Thousands soon invaded the pitch, and the match was abandoned, but the result was allowed to stand :clap:. United's 36 year stay in the top flight was over. Their relegation was sealed by Birmingham's win over Norwich which made Law's goal and even a possible United win on the day irrelevant. Only 48 goals had been conceded, but a mere 38 scored, with McIlroy leading the way with 6 Image.
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
exiledinmunster
Beginner

I am not going to let something as trivial as facts get in the way of scouse bashing :wink: :wink:
All the way back logue
Graduate

Post by All the way back logue »

"slalom almost half the length of the pitch"......bit of an exaggeration. The guy waddled up the field and no-one came near him... :)
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

exiledinmunster wrote:I am not going to let something as trivial as facts get in the way of scouse bashing :wink: :wink:
I would expect no less naturally, never stops Fergie.... :wink:
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

exiledinmunster
Beginner

Sea_point wrote:
exiledinmunster wrote:I am not going to let something as trivial as facts get in the way of scouse bashing :wink: :wink:
I would expect no less naturally, never stops Fergie.... :wink:

It is the only way we get to have a bit of fun with the scousers seeing as they are not a serious threat anymore