What is the most boring sport??

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

bluedabadi
Knowledgeable

What is the most boring sport??

Post by bluedabadi »

My vote is Gaelic Football.... I've really tried to be interested but to no avail, can't see the attraction. Hurling is a different matter as it is obviously highly skillful, but the level of skill in football is pretty questionable in my opinion.
LCD_Blue
Bookworm

Re: What is the most boring sport??

Post by LCD_Blue »

Rugby League wins sh!t sport with no interest to me. Only straight line running and tackles very little room for individual players or displays of skill
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Rugby Union, I mean how can anyone watch that sh**. Oh no wait...
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Snooker...
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

Amercian football and horse racing.
To the bitter and twisted, nothing is ever good enough.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

American Football is dreadful to watch. I can remember, before playing both ways (wahey!), standing on the sideline wishing we'd either score or lose possession so I could get on with the D.

I keep an eye on the scorelines now but only even watch the Superbowl if one of the teams I like is invovled. Cards last season was the first time I've watched the whole final in about four years.

The Oympic Tae Kwon Do in Beijing was so uneventful (until that Cuban kicked the ref) it was beyond boring.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

PUFF BALL

But its not really a sport is it???
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Darts... WTF?!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Cricket and soccer.

Maybe it's because I can't, for the life of me, figure out Cricket, but days of YAWN. At least soccer is limited to 90+ mins of extreme YAWN bar 1 game in 50 odd.

Hurling still the best sport in the world, IMO, and by a distance.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Formula 1 , controversiallly i'm sure but all i see is the same cars with men I can't see in them going round and around the same circuit making an onoing roaring noise.
"Look what Leinster have done again"
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Skinfull wrote:Darts... WTF?!
Darts is not a sport. It's a pub game. Like snooker/pool.

The vast majority of soccer games are mind numbingly boring.

Nascar isn't all that exciting either. 500/600 laps going around in ever-decreasing circles. The crashes are the only interesting part. At least Will Ferrell made it funny.

Which reminds me of a joke.... How do you confuse a Nascar driver?

Turn right.

Badumtish. :D
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Poker.

"Poker?" I hear you cry - "poker is not a sport". Then why oh why do I find it on my sports channels every night of the week when I could be watching proper sports (like wrestling and Nascar!)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

T.C.B. wrote:
Skinfull wrote:Darts... WTF?!
Darts is not a sport. It's a pub game. Like snooker/pool.

The vast majority of soccer games are mind numbingly boring.

Nascar isn't all that exciting either. 500/600 laps going around in ever-decreasing circles. The crashes are the only interesting part. At least Will Ferrell made it funny.

Which reminds me of a joke.... How do you confuse a Nascar driver?

Turn right.

Badumtish. :D
And now we enter into the realm of whats a game and whats a apsortjt1! OI thing that in the grand scheme of thin thstat darts wil be rognised a nmerlty a gmae and not a spott and on;y then can q turn over...are teh even any irish dart players?
See ewe next tuesdysa!!!

Soccer is a spo rt and nor is it borin.g. nascar is driving...left.
f1 is driving...left and right but stilll just fooking fdriving. curling...just sweepingt...gymnastics....is fallng with style...mens diving...is well.pretty fecking awesome! lol snooker shouldnt even exist in human interaction!!!¬!
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Skinfull wrote:And now we enter into the realm of whats a game and whats a apsortjt1! OI thing that in the grand scheme of thin thstat darts wil be rognised a nmerlty a gmae and not a spott and on;y then can q turn over...are teh even any irish dart players?
See ewe next tuesdysa!!!

f1 is driving...left and right but stilll just fooking fdriving. curling...just sweepingt...gymnastics....is fallng with style...mens diving...is well.pretty fecking awesome! lol snooker shouldnt even exist in human interaction!!!¬!
This is one of the best examples of drunk posting on here in quite a while - at least I hope it's drunk posting - if it's not then !!!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Anything sychronised.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

RoboProp wrote:Anything sychronised.
Anything involving a swimming pool or Horses/Greyhounds/Camels!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Xanthippe wrote:
Skinfull wrote:And now we enter into the realm of whats a game and whats a apsortjt1! OI thing that in the grand scheme of thin thstat darts wil be rognised a nmerlty a gmae and not a spott and on;y then can q turn over...are teh even any irish dart players?
See ewe next tuesdysa!!!

This is one of the best examples of drunk posting on here in quite a while - at least I hope it's drunk posting - if it's not then !!!!!
:oops: oops! Was a little under the influence. But I stand by my post!
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

In terms of popularity relative to the amount of support it receives, the answer is soccer without a doubt. Just think of the number of games that finish in 0-0 draws with no real attempts on target. Utterly wretched game in my opinion.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

tackle-bag wrote:In terms of popularity relative to the amount of support it receives, the answer is soccer without a doubt. Just think of the number of games that finish in 0-0 draws with no real attempts on target. Utterly wretched game in my opinion.
Turned on the radio in work today, found live coverage of Man City v Burnley. I actually turned over to Spin
intothewest
Graduate

Post by intothewest »

bluedabadi wrote:My vote is Gaelic Football.... I've really tried to be interested but to no avail, can't see the attraction. Hurling is a different matter as it is obviously highly skillful, but the level of skill in football is pretty questionable in my opinion.
Have to mount some defence here...Gaelic football,while producing the odd boring game at inter-county level, is usually far more entertaining than soccer for example..its just a matter of what you're brought up with I think. I was brought up with Gaelic and Rugby mainly, and ive always loved both. Love hurling aswell,just never really had opportunity to play it.

Anyway,there's ample evidence on youtube and elsewhere of how good Gaelic can be...the first half of the Kerry v Dublin this yr was prob as flowing as you'll get...then theres bits of magic like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVTH2aKeVxo

In my view anyway, Gaelic is far from boring..at its nadir its no worse than some rugby test matches.

Personally, i cant stomach watching NFL..wouldnt be so bad if they didnt stop so much.
"Ne jamais pas perdre sa passionne..ou s'en..eloigner vite!."...E.C

“Did he have hands? Did he have a face, yes? Then it wasnt us.”..Sergei Malatov