Come on Ireland

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Come on Ireland

Post by fourthirtythree »

Well done Repuburlick. Fantastic performance. You played your hearts out again.
Should have won but left with great honour.
I love you all.
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

Henry is a cheat. Congrats to blatter you got your piece of silver.
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

fourthirtythree wrote:Well done Repuburlick. Fantastic performance. You played your hearts out again.
Should have won but left with great honour.
I love you all.
Yep played their hearts out, but should have won it by a couple of goals after 90 minutes. Far to wasteful after we scored the goal, we had loads of chances to nail it.

No point in Given rushing the ref either after the goal, he should have come off his line before Henry got the chance to handle the ball. Given was also lucky earlier, you stick your leg out and don't get the ball 9/10 it's a penalty...

What the hell is McGeady doing in an Ireland jersey,the guy is clueless. He's all action and no control. Definitely cannot believe he as preferred ahead of Hunt, absolute madness never mind in the squad ahead of Andy Reid........ :roll:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

If we keep on about Henry we're going to end up sounding like the English whining about Maradona. Or Munster whining about John O'Neills try. Lets move on.

We were robbed though
A proud Winsome Fluter
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

but it was a try......

and Neil Back is a Henry......

Ireland should have in 90min as ye said above, and why didn't they play like that in the qualifiers
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I dislike football with a passion and tonight added further to that, truly a sport rotten to the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s8VXtHm ... r_embedded
Anyone But New Zealand
exiledinmunster
Beginner

Post by exiledinmunster »

FLIP wrote:I dislike football with a passion and tonight added further to that, truly a sport rotten to the core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s8VXtHm ... r_embedded
Why are you posting on this thread so!!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:If we keep on about Henry we're going to end up sounding like the English whining about Maradona. Or Munster whining about John O'Neills try. Lets move on.

We were robbed though
Think if it were the English there may be a few cafe bars smashed up in St Denis
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Platini and Blatter got their way, the corrupt lowlife scum that they are.

Very proud of the boys tonight though. They basically put two fingers up to Traps scaredy cat tactics and had a real go at the French. Very nearly came off for them too.

Henry is a great player who I've always admired but he'll always be remembered for his cheating now. In any case, France are shite and won't get out of the first round of the World Cup.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Come on: everybody handles the ball sometimes. Keane got caught twice at least and the crowd calls for it every 90 seconds at a soccer match. You play on to the whistle. A big chunk of your fouls don't get caught.
They did us proud tonight. That's all I ask.
We should have won it in the end, but we didn't. That's so much more than I could have hoped for.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

FLIP wrote:I dislike football with a passion and tonight added further to that, truly a sport rotten to the core.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
TheThreeJays
Learner

Post by TheThreeJays »

tackle-bag wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Could not agree more. We have our own problems but the obviousness to that decision really put fu**ball into a league of its own. Good day for rugby and after that we can persuade another few young people we are the gospel :D
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

:roll:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

fourthirtythree wrote:Come on: everybody handles the ball sometimes. Keane got caught twice at least and the crowd calls for it every 90 seconds at a soccer match. You play on to the whistle. A big chunk of your fouls don't get caught.
They did us proud tonight. That's all I ask.
We should have won it in the end, but we didn't. That's so much more than I could have hoped for.
There is a difference though because Keane's handballs (and I believe there were 4 of them) were all accidental whereas Henry intentionally guided it down the second time his hand touched the ball. The first time was instinctive and could happen to anyone but seeing him so blatantly handle it on purpose is very very hard to take.

I've always loved watching France but that along with Anelka's outrageous dive, the trouble after the final whistle on Saturday and the fact that they're so heavily backed by Fifa means I'll be cheering for whoever they're playing next Summer.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Interesting response to the match on the l'Equipe.fr messageboards, 'The Shame of the French Shirt', 'Henry is a Cheat' etc. All very French somehow!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Leinster BULL
Bookworm

Post by Leinster BULL »

Never mind the hand of Henry
The munster lads are still complaing about the hand of beck
Ohhhhhhhhhh yessssss
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinster BULL wrote: The munster lads are still complaing about the hand of beck
He hasn't really matched the promise of his early albums alright
I have Bumbleflex
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Leinster BULL wrote: The munster lads are still complaing about the hand of beck
He hasn't really matched the promise of his early albums alright
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent