Did he fall or was he pushed?

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

rex banner
Mullet

Did he fall or was he pushed?

Post by rex banner »

Given that Juve are under investigation for match fixing and if found guilty could be relegated to the Italian 3rd division, this sounds a bit suss. Does he know what the truth is, and a hit has been put on him :shock: or was he just stupid enough to fall out of a window? :oops:

Juventus sporting director Gianluca Pessotto has been seriously hurt in a fall from his office window.

Pessotto sustained multiple fractures in the tumble at the club's headquarters in the latest blow to the Serie A giants, who have been implicated in a masive match-fixing scandal.

The former Italy and Juventus defender was alone in his office at the time of the incident, says Italian news agency ANSA.

Pessotto took up the post of sporting director at the end of last season after 11 seasons playing for the club.

Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a press conference at the World Cup in Germany when he heard of the incident.
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Accident or not you can't beat a good defenestration for effect
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Apparently, he was clutching a string of rosary beads - I smell a large rat (who may or may not be in the employ of Silvio Berlusconi)

If you wrote a novel about this scandal, people would think you were a fruitcake.
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

jezzer wrote:Apparently, he was clutching a string of rosary beads - I smell a large rat (who may or may not be in the employ of Silvio Berlusconi)

If you wrote a novel about this scandal, people would think you were a fruitcake.
If history repeats itself the Italians will win the world cup. In '82 they were involved in a match fixing scandal aswell. Damit I have argintina in the sweep.

It does have the smell of a large rat....one the size of a horses head in someones bed...........DIN DIN DIN.. :shock:
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

rex banner wrote:
jezzer wrote:Apparently, he was clutching a string of rosary beads - I smell a large rat (who may or may not be in the employ of Silvio Berlusconi)

If history repeats itself the Italians will win the world cup. In '82 they were involved in a match fixing scandal aswell. Damit I have argintina in the sweep.

It does have the smell of a large rat....one the size of a horses head in someones bed...........DIN DIN DIN.. :shock:
If they had a striker I would agree with you but Toni doesnt cut it. The world cup is Englands to lose
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
ribs
Mullet

Re: Did he fall or was he pushed?

Post by ribs »

rex banner wrote:Given that Juve are under investigation for match fixing and if found guilty could be relegated to the Italian 3rd division, this sounds a bit suss. Does he know what the truth is, and a hit has been put on him :shock: or was he just stupid enough to fall out of a window? :oops:

Juventus sporting director Gianluca Pessotto has been seriously hurt in a fall from his office window.

Pessotto sustained multiple fractures in the tumble at the club's headquarters in the latest blow to the Serie A giants, who have been implicated in a masive match-fixing scandal.

The former Italy and Juventus defender was alone in his office at the time of the incident, says Italian news agency ANSA.

Pessotto took up the post of sporting director at the end of last season after 11 seasons playing for the club.

Italy defender Fabio Cannavaro walked out of a press conference at the World Cup in Germany when he heard of the incident.
Doesn't he work on the ground floor?
rex banner
Mullet

Re: Did he fall or was he pushed?

Post by rex banner »

ribs wrote:
rex banner wrote:Given that Juve are under investigation for match fixing and if found guilty could be relegated to the Italian 3rd division, this sounds a bit suss. Does he know what the truth is, and a hit has been put on him :shock: or was he just stupid enough to fall out of a window? :oops:

Doesn't he work on the ground floor?
Maybe they are not compotent hitmen :D
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

That's not unusual - I fall out of windows all the time. Not clutching rosary beads obviously..... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Drico
Knowledgeable

Post by Drico »

Rumour has it that the Italian Govt are going to hire Rex Banner to look into the match fixing allegations. :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I've actually just remembered this guy from playing for Juve, good player, replaced Angelo D'Livio on the right side of midfield iirc
I have Bumbleflex
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

Drico wrote:Rumour has it that the Italian Govt are going to hire Rex Banner to look into the match fixing allegations. :wink:
It's true and I'll find them all innocent for the right price. :wink:
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Quite how he thought he'd kill himself off a 10 foot drop is beyond me, especially as he landed on a car.

More of a cry for help I'd say!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

sarah_lennon wrote:Quite how he thought he'd kill himself off a 10 foot drop is beyond me, especially as he landed on a car.

Was it 10 feet or 10 metres? They don't have feet in Europe :wink:

(I'm waiting for the gags enquiring how they play football with no feet..... :roll: )
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

sexy_rexy wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Quite how he thought he'd kill himself off a 10 foot drop is beyond me, especially as he landed on a car.

(I'm waiting for the gags enquiring how they play football with no feet..... :roll: )
Well it wasn't very high, probably metres I should say!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sexy_rexy wrote:

This would explain why you only have to touch them ever so lightly and they fall over :lol:
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:

This would explain why you only have to touch them ever so lightly and they fall over :lol:

Yeah, tell the Australians :lol: :lol: :lol:

That guy had a better tackle than ROG!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:

Maybe an Australian walked into his office and the force of his proximity blew the guy out the window...

Seriously though, it seems it was a "cry for help" suicide attempt - the guy is suffering from depression and has a few domestic troubles.. Can't imagine the work environment is providing much of a refuge from home either...
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Liam Brady said it was a 'domestic' problem on Newstalk this AM. Could he have been caught with his fingers in more than one pie?!?!
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

The word around the campfire is that Pesotto gave Moggi's wife a foot massage. :wink:
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:
If they had a striker I would agree with you but Toni doesnt cut it. The world cup is Englands to lose
I'd say Brazil would put a minimum of 2 goals past England.