The Ryder Cup 2010, Celtic Manor.

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: The Ryder Cup 2010, Celtic Manor.

Post by Donny B. »

Best Ryder Cup ever. Fantastic Entertainment.

Fair play to the Yanks, they were superb today, but Europe did just enough.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Donny B. wrote:Best Ryder Cup ever. Fantastic Entertainment.

Fair play to the Yanks, they were superb today, but Europe did just enough.
Very satisfying to beat. It's almost like they didn't mix in some blue with their red :wink:
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Brilliant. Very emotional Monty at the mo.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

:D

It's funny as normally I don't like golf. Put the Ryder Cup on and I'm glued!
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Sweet! A great way to finish the weekend off! Now if only some rich Sheik woul buy Liverpool!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Gripping finish but the europeans wobbled quite badly it has to be said in the singles.

McDowell has balls of steel to win in such fashion. Terrific scenes at the end and stirring tributes to the greatest European of 'em all..Seve.

I wouldn't say it was the best one ever, not even close to Brookline, Belfry and K Club, which will take some beating for skill and atmosphere. After the farcical conditions on friday good to see the sun shining on Monty's boys :happy clapper:

Nice to hear Rory backtrack on his previous comments about it being an exhibition.
3 Gold Stars
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Gripping finish but the europeans wobbled quite badly it has to be said in the singles.

McDowell has balls of steel to win in such fashion. Terrific scenes at the end and stirring tributes to the greatest European of 'em all..Seve.

I wouldn't say it was the best one ever, not even close to Brookline, Belfry and K Club, which will take some beating for skill and atmosphere. After the farcical conditions on friday good to see the sun shining on Monty's boys :happy clapper:

Nice to hear Rory backtrack on his previous comments about it being an exhibition.
Yep I think he 'gets it' now
"Look what Leinster have done again"
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

I have returned finally from the Principality and what a trip it was. Between getting absolutely pi$$ on and being up to our knees in mud i would do it all again for twice as long just to be standing (as we were) at the 16th when GMAC's birdie putt dropped. The 16th, 17th and 18th are natural amphitheatres and never was such a description of a venue more apt.

I now know what the Gladiators must have felt like going into battle. When that birdie dropped the place literally exploded. How on gods earth Mc Dowell then walked through the throngs of people and shut it all out on the 17th tee is beyond a mere mortal like myself.

Have to feel for Hunter Mahan, there were plenty of duffs, hooks, pushes, over/under reads along the way but that one will cause nightmares.

We hung around afterwards and were speaking with Padraig, Westie and wee Rory albeit briefly and I managed to get my hands on the trophy (albeit even more briefly).

An amazing trip and fantastic memories. Up there with Embra I’d have to say.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP