Cricket World Cup thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

This has been a very disappointing World Cup - Inzy has failed in his duty to entertain by running his fellow batmen out.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

As he [Inzy] left the pitch, every Zimbabwe player went up to the Pakistan captain to shake his hand, before the Pakistan team gave him a guard of honour. Not surprisingly, there were tears in Inzy's eyes.
Great player and a great entertainer. I'll certainly miss watching his running between wickets that's for sure. Still, at least he'll be around in test cricket for a few more years.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

thecoolfreak wrote:
zenbren wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:Can't see the Zimbos winning this one. Inzy WAS having one of those days!! :(
Fixed that!
I spoke to soon!! Lets hope Yousuf can produce something special!
Yousuf is gone. Amazingly Imran Nazir, the guy who has receved most criticism back in Pakistan, is hanging in there. Younis Khan should bring some solidity.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

SCG wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
zenbren wrote: Fixed that!
I spoke to soon!! Lets hope Yousuf can produce something special!
Yousuf is gone. Amazingly Imran Nazir, the guy who has receved most criticism back in Pakistan, is hanging in there. Younis Khan should bring some solidity.
Maybe i should say nothing!!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

thecoolfreak wrote:
3,243 posts and he gets it :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:
3,243 posts and he gets it :lol:
I knew something like that was coming!! :lol:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Imran Nazir gets his century off 95 balls :clap:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

251/4 off 40 overs. Looks like we're going to the Super 8's!! :D
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

thecoolfreak wrote:Imran Nazir gets his century off 95 balls :clap:
It's his 2nd century in 68 ODI's - couldn't have come at a better time!. :D

Shahidi is now in with him - watch out for fireworks
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Fantastic innings from Imran Nazir. Pakistan finish on 349. Guyana ahead!! :clap:
Last edited by SCG on March 21st, 2007, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Yep, Super 8's here we come! :D
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

All out in last over for 349. A foregone conclusion I would think. Pakistan just smashed everything out of there. Scored something like 60 or 70 runs off the last 7 overs.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Yep, looks like i may have to head out to the Carribean for the England match! :D
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Excuse my ignorance, but given the name "super 8's" is there only 8 teams left? - and we have made it through.

QF so to speak; is it knock out now, or do the lads now have 7 more games?
Get in the f%~king bag.
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Slipper1 wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but given the name "super 8's" is there only 8 teams left? - and we have made it through.

Correct (including Friday's match against the WIndies) - starting with England (or possibly Kenya if they beat the Poms on Saturday) on 30th March, SA on 3rd April, NZ on 9th April, Aus on 13th April, India (or B'desh) on 15th April and Sri Lanka on 18th April. We bring our result against WI with us.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

SCG wrote:
Slipper1 wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but given the name "super 8's" is there only 8 teams left? - and we have made it through.

Correct (including Friday's match against the WIndies) - starting with England (or possibly Kenya if they beat the Poms on Saturday) on 30th March, SA on 3rd April, NZ on 9th April, Aus on 13th April, India (or B'desh) on 15th April and Sri Lanka on 18th April. We bring our result against WI with us.
Wrong...

Saturday 21 April 2007

Ireland vs. England Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

The last match of the Super 8s...

(Ireland and England will both finish 2nd in there respective groups...so that is the date to mark in your calender (same day as a possible Biarrtiz match too))! :)
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Leinster Zulu wrote:
SCG wrote:

Wrong...

Saturday 21 April 2007

(Ireland and England will both finish 2nd in there respective groups...so that is the date to mark in your calender (same day as a possible Biarrtiz match too))! :)
LZ, it doesn't matter if the teams finish first or second in their groups, the pre-tournament seedings are carried through to the Super8. Pakistan were 1st seed in D group and Windies were second seed. Windies are still D2, but Ireland will now take Pakistan's position as D1. England would have been C2 even if they had beaten NZ.

But if you want to book a flight to Barbados, go ahead. I'm sure the England-Windies match will be a cracker.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

chillers wrote:
Leinster Zulu wrote:
SCG wrote:Correct (including Friday's match against the WIndies) - starting with England (or possibly Kenya if they beat the Poms on Saturday) on 30th March, SA on 3rd April, NZ on 9th April, Aus on 13th April, India (or B'desh) on 15th April and Sri Lanka on 18th April. We bring our result against WI with us.
Wrong...

Saturday 21 April 2007

LZ, it doesn't matter if the teams finish first or second in their groups, the pre-tournament seedings are carried through to the Super8. Pakistan were 1st seed in D group and Windies were second seed. Windies are still D2, but Ireland will now take Pakistan's position as D1. England would have been C2 even if they had beaten NZ.

But if you want to book a flight to Barbados, go ahead. I'm sure the England-Windies match will be a cracker.
Oh, ok, i need your help then, when will the Ireland-England match be?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Ok - whats the jackanory on tickets for these games then? easy to get in, or sold out and pay a tout Bags O'Cash for a restricted view?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Slipper1 wrote:Ok - whats the jackanory on tickets for these games then? easy to get in, or sold out and pay a tout Bags O'Cash for a restricted view?
Just turn on to Sky Sports 1, and take a look at the crowd...

Tickets will be easy to get... :P

I'll probably book my flights on Sunday, by then i'd know all the fixtures! :D