Leinster Travel...anyone booking???

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

AdLibitum

Re: Leinster Travel...anyone booking???

Post by AdLibitum »

Hi Folks,

Most of us are agreed on the principle of not paying above face value for tickets.
For international matches, the IRFU has been very good at tracking tickets back to source to stamp out touts.
Why is it then that the official Leinster Sports Travel site is happily advertising match tickets for €150 ?

http://www.leinstersportstravel.com/heineken.html

Methinks this reflects back badly on Leinster rugby, especially considering there were approx. 1200 season ticket holders
who applied through the 'ticket lottery' and were unsuccesful.

Any opinions?
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Has anyone who booked through Killester received their flight tickets yet?
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

thecoolfreak wrote:Has anyone who booked through Killester received their flight tickets yet?
were we supposed to receive flight tickets? the itinery says that they are groups e-ticket so i assume you just turn up at the desk for that flight number with your passport and they will be expecting you.....
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

LeopoldButters wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:Has anyone who booked through Killester received their flight tickets yet?
were we supposed to receive flight tickets? the itinery says that they are groups e-ticket so i assume you just turn up at the desk for that flight number with your passport and they will be expecting you.....
Thats what i mean, they said they would send on etickets. have got nothing here yet.
dodderee
Learner

Post by dodderee »

thecoolfreak wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote:
Thats what i mean, they said they would send on etickets. have got nothing here yet.

We're going Killester and just got email and attachment with details of flight as it's a charter flight...no e-tickets. Last time we went for the one day option with Killester (for Wales match) it was just turn up and identify yourself.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Tried to book with these guys as i needed a day trip. Left it late as i was unsure of numbers as all of our party had not got tickets. No availability left.

Long story short they could not have been more rude about it.

Rang, eventually got through and they said they would have availability but they were processing payments and he would call me back at 2ish.

Waited till 3.30, so i called them and i hadn't got the work 'Heineken' out of my mouth and the response was we're fully book and the terse wagon hung straight up on me.

First and last time I'll contemplate using these lot
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

We're going Killester and just got email and attachment with details of flight as it's a charter flight...no e-tickets. Last time we went for the one day option with Killester (for Wales match) it was just turn up and identify yourself.
I haven't even got that. I had to email them to confirm my place was booked and I got an email back saying I was confirmed alright but that was it. I got flights times as well but he said they weren't confirmed yet and they would get back onto me last week
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

thecoolfreak wrote:
I haven't even got that. I had to email them to confirm my place was booked and I got an email back saying I was confirmed alright but that was it. I got flights times as well but he said they weren't confirmed yet and they would get back onto me last week

call them and ask them to resend you the itinerary and the eticket. Its literally just a word document.

They have over 2000 people travelling with them for the game. I presume this is where a lot of the leinster tickets have ended up and being sold to the punters at 70 euro. 7 of us booked with them(3 STH) and we bit the bullet and booked tickets with them so that we could all sit together but there is a bit of annoyance over the ticket prices
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Leinster til i die wrote:
thecoolfreak wrote:

call them and ask them to resend you the itinerary and the eticket. Its literally just a word document.
Is the itinerary doc your e ticket aswell no barcode or code on it?
Also seeing as it is a private charter anyone know where check in will be?
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Just look up the flight number they have given you on the main information screens and the relevant check-in area will be given same as normal flights. From past experience with the charters, just look for the long queues of people wearing jerseys and one of those will be your flight!
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".