Agen Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Eve wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote: i was on the AA website and they said its a two hour drive to Agen from Carcassonne.
Toulouse are playing London Irish at home on Sunday
No they're not - that game is the same day as our Edinburgh away!!
To quote Eric Cartman

"God damn you Butters!!!!"

You got our hopes up for nothing.
Ah well, rookie mistake.

Toulouse are playing at home against Llanelli that weekend but it's on the same day as our match. The only Sunday option would be Biarritz v Borders.

Doesn't exactly whet the appetite like Toulouse - London Irish does it?
i cant take this in two days i've come home early from embra while also booking a double room and now i cant even read a fixture list. i think i'l just go back to reading the site, i cant take the stress of this posting messages! :oops:
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

LeopoldButters wrote: i cant take this in two days i've come home early from embra while also booking a double room and now i cant even read a fixture list. i think i'l just go back to reading the site, i cant take the stress of this posting messages! :oops:
Aw - don't go - you're great fun!! :D
Summer is ready when you are

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Eve wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote: i cant take this in two days i've come home early from embra while also booking a double room and now i cant even read a fixture list. i think i'l just go back to reading the site, i cant take the stress of this posting messages! :oops:
As I said, it's only a rookie mistake.

That game on Sunday would have been great though.
Last edited by Donny B. on July 21st, 2006, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Eve wrote:
You'll never get your mullet badge with that attitude! :D
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Eve wrote:
You'll never get your mullet badge with that attitude! :D

We're meant to get a badge?! :!:
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

jezzer wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:
jezzer wrote:Will go to Embra and Glaws.

Not going to Agen, but if you're stuck for a route, fly to Stansted and then to Bergerac, which is only 1hr 30 from Agen. Just checked for you and it's £70 return from Stansted going out Fri and back Sun.
Which airline stansted to Bergerac :?:
Ryanair. Could be a fairly hassle-free option. Some of the other airports are further away than I've seen posted here. http://www.mappy.fr is a good route planner for France.
Thanks Jesser :)
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:How the fock do you get there though?
We're flying to Carcassone (Direct with Ryanair for €138)

Sheepshagger has done some research and it should be handy enough to get a bus - train to Toulouse and then onto Agen

The other option is to rent a car of course
Ditto the flights out Firday, Back Monday. Got the three night special (15/16/17 December) in Ibis Centre, Agen for €99, not including brekkie. The TGV stops in Carcassone, and travels west, through Toulouse before stopping at Agen. Also available, lots of other local trains. :P
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny Brooke wrote:

Sheepshagger has done some research and it should be handy enough to get a bus - train to Toulouse and then onto Agen

Ditto the flights out Firday, Back Monday. Got the three night special (15/16/17 December) in Ibis Centre, Agen for €99, not including brekkie. The TGV stops in Carcassone, and travels west, through Toulouse before stopping at Agen. Also available, lots of other local trains. :P
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:

What's this three night special thing?
I thought I was doing well paying €126.

Good news on the train front. :D
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Donny Brooke wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: We're flying to Carcassone (Direct with Ryanair for €138)

What's this three night special thing?
I thought I was doing well paying €126.

Good news on the train front. :D
Of course if you stay for 3 nights, the money you're saving on the flights will go on accommodation...
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Antone interested in the following proposistion:
Fly to La Rochelle, on the Sat. arriving 9.10am
3 hour 15 minute drive to Agen arriving in plenty of time for the 4.30pm KO
Overnight in Agen.
2 hour drive to Carcassone for a 1pm flight direct to Dublin on Sunday.
Inc. car hire this is working out at well below €200 (depending on how many sharing the cost of the car hire).
This doesn't include accommodation of course but it is still going to work out a lot cheaper than the Killester Travel rip off.
I don't mind the driving but it would be good to share a bit of it.
If you are interested pm me
ps this is of course all dependant on the permission from the ball and chain of course but at least I am only away for 1 full day.
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Flying into Toulouse and staying there, TGVing it to the game.Back thru LGW on Sunday morning. Mondays off not an option, unfortunately. :(
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

We passed through Agen on the train on our Tour De France to get to Toulouse. It is not supposed to be the nicest place on earth
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

epaddy wrote:We passed through Agen on the train on our Tour De France to get to Toulouse. It is not supposed to be the nicest place on earth
Check out the tourist site

http://www.ot-agen.org/_eng/default.htm

Looks nice enough, a typical French country town, nothing fancy but quaint enough.

I might do a day trip to Bordeaux on the Sunday though.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Donny Brooke wrote:
epaddy wrote:We passed through Agen on the train on our Tour De France to get to Toulouse. It is not supposed to be the nicest place on earth
Check out the tourist site

http://www.ot-agen.org/_eng/default.htm

Looks nice enough, a typical French country town, nothing fancy but quaint enough.

I might do a day trip to Bordeaux on the Sunday though.
I was in Bordeaux for a day a couple of years back, it's a nice city, it was being dug up at the time to put a light rail system in but that should all be finsihed now though!
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

HEINEKEN CUP - AGEN V LEINSTER (Agen Saturday 16th December 2006 Kick Off 16:30)
We are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen. Toulouse is about a 1 hour transfer to Agen. Flight will be a charter flight from Dublin into Toulouse. Agen is a much quiter town and the hotels are not as good as hotels in Toulouse.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn Toulouse Centre €475 pps / SGL €535
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel Agen Centre €425 pps /SGL €450

EXTRAS
Airport taxes €50 , Match ticket €tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
* All flight times TBC. (Charter)
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

apple sourz wrote:Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

HEINEKEN CUP - AGEN V LEINSTER (Agen Saturday 16th December 2006 Kick Off 16:30)
We are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen. Toulouse is about a 1 hour transfer to Agen. Flight will be a charter flight from Dublin into Toulouse. Agen is a much quiter town and the hotels are not as good as hotels in Toulouse.

EXTRAS

FLIGHT DETAILS:
What a fockin ripoff - guess if your stuck for taking time off work (to allow flying Fri/Monday) you may have no choice but to be robbed this way
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sheepshagger wrote:
apple sourz wrote:Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

EXTRAS

FLIGHT DETAILS:
What a fockin ripoff - guess if your stuck for taking time off work (to allow flying Fri/Monday) you may have no choice but to be robbed this way
No surprise from those w**kers!

For a single traveller it's €585 for a one night stayover

I'm doing the trip for a three night stayover for about €310.

Ridiculous!
Last edited by Donny B. on August 1st, 2006, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

I'm sorry but I cannot take a weekend off and pay nearly 600 euro for a one night trip (before you buy a drink) just before Christmas.
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

apple sourz wrote:I'm sorry but I cannot take a weekend off and pay nearly 600 euro for a one night trip (before you buy a drink) just before Christmas.
Don't know many people who could to be honest. . . .I hope no focker books this - he is basically a tout - taking advanatage of an away game and fleecing people. . .THIEF !