Getting to Toulon ?.

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Getting to Toulon ?.

Post by footrush »

Dexter wrote:KO dates and times not being announced until "the weekend or early next week" per the ERC
I don't believe this : ERC is in the process of finalising the fixture details for the 2013/14 Heineken Cup and Amlin Challenge Cup quarter-finals which will be played on the weekend of 3, 4, 5, 6 April. The dates and kick-off times will now be announced over the weekend or early next week. Please see www.ercrugby.com for updates or follow @ercrugby on Twitter.
Flying wedge
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

FFS :evil:
12 County Army
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ffs.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

What a farce. The least they could do is offer an exact time when an agreement will be made.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

When you see this and the ridiculous scheduling of the Castres game you start to wonder if the English are right when they say they don't want the ERC running any European competition.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

nc6000 wrote:When you see this and the ridiculous scheduling of the Castres game you start to wonder if the English are right when they say they don't want the ERC running any European competition.
Been to all our away Cup games this season really wan't to go to this, all I would like them to do is say "we will be making the announcement at a specific time", have defended the ERC many times on other forums am begining to think as you that that may have been a big mistake :? .
Flying wedge
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I was just about to book flights and train tickets that would have me in Toulon no problem for any Saturday or Sunday kick-off but have held off because there is a chance we could be playing on the Friday. The ERC website says 4/5/6 April.

Considering what's hanging over their head you would think they would get their act together although the delay could well be out of their control.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

nc6000 wrote:I was just about to book flights and train tickets that would have me in Toulon no problem for any Saturday or Sunday kick-off but have held off because there is a chance we could be playing on the Friday. The ERC website says 4/5/6 April.

Considering what's hanging over their head you would think they would get their act together although the delay could well be out of their control.
They seem to be blaming the complex interaction between the clubs and broadcasters - there was also something about making sure supporters can get to see the games (not necessarily get to them although the last bit of the sentence in open to interpretation).

'The objective is to take into account each club's preferences, venue restrictions at shared stadia, as well as ensuring that international broadcasters are able to cover all eight games from Thursday evening through to Sunday in order to maximise the promotion of the tournaments and the clubs involved and allowing fans who cannot access games to view the action.'
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

What flights are people looking at now - are they all stupid money?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Blame TV (UK & France) and Toulon - that's where the hold-up is rumoured to be
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Ok I am booked, out via cork on the 1845hrs to Nice on the Friday and then back on the Monday with ryanair to Shannon. €108 return :)
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Flights have actually dropped after an initial spike/rush when the announcement is made.

There's a perception they only ever go up but it's not always true. The airlines bank on people panic buying flights.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

sheepshagger wrote:Flights have actually dropped after an initial spike/rush when the announcement is made.

There's a perception they only ever go up but it's not always true. The airlines bank on people panic buying flights.
Not so much that but people checking prices can trip the price to rise, they work on the principle that you look and see a flight for say 80 check back a few hours later and it is 87 so you then hit buy before it goes more while in reality if enough don't bother at the more expensive it drops again. They also can use it as a method of pushing you towards a certain flight as they know another is normally more popular.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

glenageary wrote:Ok I am booked, out via cork on the 1845hrs to Nice on the Friday and then back on the Monday with ryanair to Shannon. €108 return :)
be a bastid to get your car out of the car park though....
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

rooster wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Flights have actually dropped after an initial spike/rush when the announcement is made.

Not so much that but people checking prices can trip the price to rise, they work on the principle that you look and see a flight for say 80 check back a few hours later and it is 87 so you then hit buy before it goes more while in reality if enough don't bother at the more expensive it drops again. They also can use it as a method of pushing you towards a certain flight as they know another is normally more popular.
According to my missus who works in the travel market it's actually down to seats sold. So the first 20% of seats will be sold at a certain price, the next 20% will go up, and so on and so forth. Supply and demand. The idea that people checking prices would put up prices is a bit of a myth, and would be a bit of bad business (as you'll turn away customers)
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Off the track.

Fly SAS. Nice Dublin €117.53 via Copenhagen
Departs Nice at c 9.30 am. About 5 hours in Copenhagen, (been there the Carlsberg was great) and then on to Dublin
It's cheaper than Aer Lingus Nice Dublin on the same day

I did Rome Dublin via Copenhagen last year and it was fine !
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Very Nice. But you would have to stay up all night........
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

bails wrote:Off the track.

Fly SAS. Nice Dublin €117.53 via Copenhagen
Departs Nice at c 9.30 am. About 5 hours in Copenhagen, (been there the Carlsberg was great) and then on to Dublin
It's cheaper than Aer Lingus Nice Dublin on the same day

I did Rome Dublin via Copenhagen last year and it was fine !
Di d you get this off Skyscanner? I looked at them from Newcastle and it was about £300 sheets with some god awful layovers of five and six hours.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

AdamK wrote:
rooster wrote:

According to my missus who works in the travel market it's actually down to seats sold. So the first 20% of seats will be sold at a certain price, the next 20% will go up, and so on and so forth. Supply and demand. The idea that people checking prices would put up prices is a bit of a myth, and would be a bit of bad business (as you'll turn away customers)
Off topic but not all airlines operate like that these days (that's the old school method),
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Ryanair now flying to Nice the Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday according to the OLSC...