Quins v Leinster December

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

elfan
Knowledgeable

Re: Quins v Leinster December

Post by elfan »

Grand thanks...I'll wait so
elfan
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Will wait for allocation. Travel plans extremely flexible due to free accom at Hotel Senior Hornet.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Anyone have an idea about when Leinster get their allocation and when we might hope to get offered such tickets ?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

This week I think. There was an email that said so about a week ago.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

johng wrote:This week I think. There was an email that said so about a week ago.
Many thanks John.
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

This ones not far off being sold out now lads. Was going to wait to find out where our allocation is but I've decided to go ahead and buy some in the south stand to be safe.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Quins have just been given their allocation for the Aviva, so I imagine it will be announced shortly. They've probably put some aside as they have to offer some to travelling sides, but seeing the rubbish that Leinster have just given Quins, don't expect the best seats in the house!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

claire_m wrote:Quins have just been given their allocation for the Aviva, so I imagine it will be announced shortly. They've probably put some aside as they have to offer some to travelling sides, but seeing the rubbish that Leinster have just given Quins, don't expect the best seats in the house!
Are you suggesting the Aviva has good seats?

I'm in the south stand for our visit to you and I can't wait.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

claire_m wrote:Quins have just been given their allocation for the Aviva, so I imagine it will be announced shortly. They've probably put some aside as they have to offer some to travelling sides, but seeing the rubbish that Leinster have just given Quins, don't expect the best seats in the house!

Leinster have 'given' Quins no tickets, those are the tickets Quins have requested. If they're rubbish, then thats your clubs decision to request rubbish. The lower bowl of the Aviva sits 19,000 people - will more than 500 travel from London? They could pretty much be totally accomodated in any of the seat categories without any issues - but I would suggest that Quins decided to forsake location for a particular price point.

English clubs are absolutely hopeless at managing their ticketing entitlements in Europe. Our ticket officer will end up doing most of Quins ticketing for them, it happens every year with every English club.
I have Bumbleflex
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Dave Cahill wrote:

Leinster have 'given' Quins no tickets, those are the tickets Quins have requested. If they're rubbish, then thats your clubs decision to request rubbish. The lower bowl of the Aviva sits 19,000 people - will more than 500 travel from London? They could pretty much be totally accomodated in any of the seat categories without any issues - but I would suggest that Quins decided to forsake location for a particular price point.

English clubs are absolutely hopeless at managing their ticketing entitlements in Europe. Our ticket officer will end up doing most of Quins ticketing for them, it happens every year with every English club.
No offence meant! Quins has gone backwards with ticketing over the last few years and by all accounts does seem to be only bothered by what happens at the Stoop. Wherever we all end up, I'm sure we'll all be made to feel welcome and have a great weekend; I'm looking forward to it immensely :D

As to how many will make the journey over, I have no idea. The supporters club is putting on a coach (yes, really, London to Dublin in December, eek!) but I am aware that a number of people (including me) will take the slightly easier (and much quicker!) option of flying. There tends to be better support when we go somewhere we've not been before, it's just before Christmas and we seem to be playing a bit better, so that will also boost numbers a bit.

Going back to the game at the stoop, we haven't sold out yet this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if we did sell out this game, so if you haven't got a ticket or are thinking about coming, do it! And get one quickly...
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Tickets on sale Monday.
South Stand :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Come on you Boys in Blue
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Blue not red blood wrote:Tickets on sale Monday.
South Stand :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Come on you Boys in Blue
And only South Stand - a real nuisance - wanted sdeline.
Wish I bought from Quins site now (none available as I need ten).
The French are predictably unpredictable
finchamdl
Learner

Post by finchamdl »

Blue not red blood wrote:Tickets on sale Monday.
Come on you Boys in Blue
Do we know which blocks in the south stand?
BrianFitz

Post by BrianFitz »

Hi, does anyone have a spare ticket (or 2) for the game? I'm London based so can meet at the stoop or at a bar in Twickenham, whatever suits. Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

BrianFitz wrote:Hi, does anyone have a spare ticket (or 2) for the game? I'm London based so can meet at the stoop or at a bar in Twickenham, whatever suits. Any pointers appreciated, thanks.
still some available on quins site i think
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Anyone know of or recommed a Pub in Richmond or Twickenham to spend the Saturday in. Preferably were other Leinster fans are
Im not fussy just pints warmth rugby on TV and a bit of craic

And no I wont cross the Door of the Slug and Lettuce
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Cabbage Patch in Twikkers is the classic game day pub - http://www.cabbagepatch.co.uk/

But there are probably better options if you are heading a bit further from the ground - the above might be better for before the game
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

bails wrote:Anyone know of or recommed a Pub in Richmond or Twickenham to spend the Saturday in. Preferably were other Leinster fans are

We're still boycotting that place so?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
elfan
Knowledgeable

Post by elfan »

Tickets arrived this morning :D
elfan
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

bails wrote:Anyone know of or recommed a Pub in Richmond or Twickenham to spend the Saturday in. Preferably were other Leinster fans are

The Sun Inn and The Orange Tree near Richmond station are being suggested, started a thread on this on the Quins forum.
Flying wedge