Lyon Roll Call

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Still4PP

Re: Lyon Roll Call

Post by Still4PP »

Evening all, got my two ticlets ; SERFIM INF D AF 173 & AE 175 :happy clapper: . Not quite together but not either end of the paddock either :mrgreen:

I also collected 4 other tickets which I'll happily sell if anyone is interested. I live in France & will be driving up on the day(I'm less than 2 hrs away)
However via Post is another option.

NORD/OUEST/Block K row Q 35 & 36, 18€ each so 36€ for the pair.

NORD/OUEST/Block K row B 55 & 56, 28€ each so 56€ for the pair.

They are now in the drawer under the keyboard, photos can be provided :wink:
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

6 of us booked in section G row k - can't wait, fully expecting to win.
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

Sold out at Lyon !

41 000 supporters (2000 for Leinster + 3000 EPCR tickets)

Here we go for a massive game between the both team

:clap:

A walk of supporters to Gerland and it will be awesome ! Hope to see you there ;)
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Tiny206 wrote:Sold out at Lyon !

41 000 supporters (2000 for Leinster + 3000 EPCR tickets)

Here we go for a massive game between the both team

:clap:

A walk of supporters to Gerland and it will be awesome ! Hope to see you there ;)
Jumelage , any information about the walk please ?.
Flying wedge
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

Audrey77 wrote:one of the organisers of the Bordeaux march is with us and is hoping to plan another one in Lyon..... :happy clapper:
Any news Audrey ?
Audrey77
Beginner

Post by Audrey77 »

Latest update is Clermont supporters club are trying to organise a march and us to join them - it depends if they can organise with the police over there - naturally there are security issues and I think there was a bit of trouble over the weekend with football supporters in Lyon. Bebhinn is in contact with them and I'll update as soon as we have any more information. If we can't officially march and once we find out the official Leinster headquarters on Wednesday from the OLSC we can maybe organise to meet there on Sunday and unofficially march to the grounds ourselves. I'll update when I hear more, I know the last one was organised through word of mouth when we were in Bordeaux. Make sure to bring all your flags......
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Most of the ASM fans will arrive in Lyon on sunday 12:00PM (Car, bus, train ...)

I'll be in Lyon saturday, hope to see you in an Irish Pub of "vieux lyon" to watch the other semi-final :wink:
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Tiny206 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

Most of the ASM fans will arrive in Lyon on sunday 12:00PM (Car, bus, train ...)

I'll be in Lyon saturday, hope to see you in an Irish Pub of "vieux lyon" to watch the other semi-final :wink:
Look forward to it - by Sunday at 12.00 we will have taken all the best seats in the pub :D

Keep an eye out here - the supporters club will be publishing the guide tomorrow which will have a pub as a supporters' "base" - while it won't be the only pub people will be at, it will be one where a lot of people will gather. I'm sure it will be posted here as well
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Any tips on travel to central Lyon from the airport?

I'm staying in on a street on the island in the middle of the city (Rue Ferrandiere)

From looking on google it told me the Rhone Express which leaves a 30/40 minute walk from the central station or ouibus, but when I went on their site it doesn't offer the stop on their website google tells me to get off at from the airport. Then a taxi looks like €50 each way which I'd prefer to avoid.
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

1. At the airport, go to the railway station TGV Lyon-Saint Exupéry and took the "rhone express" every 15 minutes, Go to the direction of Gare Lyon Part Dieu
https://www.rhonexpress.fr/en/tickets-and-fares/37
2. At Lyon part Dieu (Metro Line B -> direction Charpennes terminus of this line and change to line A -> Direction "Perrache", stop at station "Cordeliers" you're near rue Ferrandière
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

The Doc wrote:
Tiny206 wrote::

Keep an eye out here - the supporters club will be publishing the guide tomorrow which will have a pub as a supporters' "base" - while it won't be the only pub people will be at, it will be one where a lot of people will gather. I'm sure it will be posted here as well
:mrgreen: :happy clapper:
nopeare
Graduate

Post by nopeare »

Tiny206 wrote:1. At the airport, go to the railway station TGV Lyon-Saint Exupéry and took the "rhone express" every 15 minutes, Go to the direction of Gare Lyon Part Dieu
https://www.rhonexpress.fr/en/tickets-and-fares/37
2. At Lyon part Dieu (Metro Line B -> direction Charpennes terminus of this line and change to line A -> Direction "Perrache", stop at station "Cordeliers" you're near rue Ferrandière
Thank you much appreciated
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

You're welcome ;)
Tiny206
Beginner

Post by Tiny206 »

http://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/le ... n-2017.pdf

Wallace Bar and/or Accasbel Bistro :happy clapper:

See you there guys
lotmc
Learner

Post by lotmc »

If anyone is still thinking of travelling over, Ryanair are still selling seats on the special flight that they have laid on for the game, and indeed have dropped the price. The return journey is now priced at just under €220 (Dublin to Lyon departing 7.10am Saturday morning, and departing Lyon at 10pm to return to Dublin).
Lots of accommodation available in Lyon on Saturday night.
Not sure if tickets are still available - they were for sale earlier but seem to be sold out again now.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Audrey77 wrote:Latest update is Clermont supporters club are trying to organise a march and us to join them - it depends if they can organise with the police over there - naturally there are security issues and I think there was a bit of trouble over the weekend with football supporters in Lyon. Bebhinn is in contact with them and I'll update as soon as we have any more information. If we can't officially march and once we find out the official Leinster headquarters on Wednesday from the OLSC we can maybe organise to meet there on Sunday and unofficially march to the grounds ourselves. I'll update when I hear more, I know the last one was organised through word of mouth when we were in Bordeaux. Make sure to bring all your flags......
Sounds good Audrey. Would love to join the Clermont fans should that get the go ahead. Bordeaux was something special. Would love to try and recreate it.
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

molloyjh wrote:
Audrey77 wrote:Latest update is Clermont supporters club are trying to organise a march and us to join them - it depends if they can organise with the police over there - naturally there are security issues and I think there was a bit of trouble over the weekend with football supporters in Lyon. Bebhinn is in contact with them and I'll update as soon as we have any more information. If we can't officially march and once we find out the official Leinster headquarters on Wednesday from the OLSC we can maybe organise to meet there on Sunday and unofficially march to the grounds ourselves. I'll update when I hear more, I know the last one was organised through word of mouth when we were in Bordeaux. Make sure to bring all your flags......
Sounds good Audrey. Would love to join the Clermont fans should that get the go ahead. Bordeaux was something special. Would love to try and recreate it.

I've always have the same and only question (and I know the answer)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SY7gJG-Ero

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

VGE wrote:
molloyjh wrote:

I've always have the same and only question (and I know the answer)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SY7gJG-Ero

Au revoir.
Nice. That song will be stuck in my head for the remainder of the day. :green clap:

And to answer your question; yes.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

Easiest place to get people to congregate for a start of march would be Supporters Bar or Place Bellecour You could leave Bellecour at 13:30 and be comfortably at ground by 14:30

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

The Jezzer family of 5 will be there, leaving tomorrow am and already getting nervous!

Is it just me that gets bothered by the fact that we're going to one fo the great French cities to sample local culture and the mingle with local supporters of this great support - yet our "base" for the weekend is a bloody Irish pub serving pints and Irish breakfasts??? Can't we just actually enjoy real French life for one weekend??! Do visiting French teams set up their base in some French spot in Dublin? Like hell. They get stuck in with the locals.

Rant over. Can't wait for the weekend and will enjoy my croissants and coffee for breakfast, maybe a nice Cotes du Rhone to go with lunch!