Bus to Connacht game, 29th September

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

I actually think only having 12 will make it much more craic in a way as we'll be forced into hard boozing. On the other hand, it's a pretty poor uptake even allowing for the fact that it's a Friday away game. How come Breener never put it up on the official site?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Conflict of interest with our official rip off merchants
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:Conflict of interest with our official rip off merchants
Huh? Ryder cup or Killester Travel?
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
The 2nd one and you know it
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

ha! Are Killester Travel taking a bus to Connacht?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Now thats unfair on KT, nothing is as big a rip off as the Ryder Cup :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Jedifart when will the deadline for declaring ones availability. I could be a late tag along
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:ha! Are Killester Travel taking a bus to Connacht?
Not that I know of but im sure they dont like the thought of supporters orgainising this sort of thing themselves
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:
Not that I know of but im sure they dont like the thought of supporters orgainising this sort of thing themselves
Eh yeah, especially when they're not running a bus at all.

Here, KT know their market and they're not making decent money out of these (domestic) trips anyway. We're no competition for them.

You honestly reckon that's the reason why Breener didn't put it up? I reckon it's cause he's headed off with the team to Llannelli.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
epaddy wrote:

Here, KT know their market and they're not making decent money out of these (domestic) trips anyway. We're no competition for them.

You honestly reckon that's the reason why Breener didn't put it up? I reckon it's cause he's headed off with the team to Llannelli.
The last post went up at 4.15pm today. I reckon its in Killesters interest that we dont get orgainised in big groups, dont you?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

epaddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
epaddy wrote: Not that I know of but im sure they dont like the thought of supporters orgainising this sort of thing themselves

The last post went up at 4.15pm today. I reckon its in Killesters interest that we dont get orgainised in big groups, dont you?
Nah, they can stop us easily enough if they want to through bonding, they don't have to bother with buses to Connacht
I have Bumbleflex
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Nah, they can stop us easily enough if they want to through bonding, they don't have to bother with buses to Connacht
You don't have to be bonded to club together to hire a bus!!!!

They'd be laughed out of court I tell you.

Now if we were all chipping in to give one individual money to book flights, accomodation etc, then we might have issues with not being bonded. My mates mum has an Irish travel agency, I reckon I could find us a way round it in any case.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

epaddy wrote:
Whilst your logic is sound epaddy, I don't think that KT are that on the ball to be honest - whaddya reckon? They can't be making any decent money out of the domestic away trips.

Didn't breener put up the message about the supporters bus to Ulster?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
You don't have to be bonded to club together to hire a bus!!!!

They'd be laughed out of court I tell you.

Now if we were all chipping in to give one individual money to book flights, accomodation etc, then we might have issues with not being bonded. My mates mum has an Irish travel agency, I reckon I could find us a way round it in any case.
Thats what I mean. I was refering to ePs bit about us getting organised in large groups, not a bus to the wesht. Travel agents are however quite protective of their market and have used bonding against irish rugby supporters in the past.
I have Bumbleflex
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I don't know why Breener didn't put up my post about the bus - the only reason I can think of is they didn't want anything to do with it. I actually checked Killester yesterday thinking that maybe it was because they had a bus going down - but they don't so I don't see how they can have a problem with it :?
Summer is ready when you are

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I've emailed Breener about this this morning and got an out of office reply (probably in or en route to Llanelli) - hopefully I'll get a reply next week.

Duff - plenty of posts have been put up on the board since I submitted mine on Tuesday.
Duff Paddy wrote:Didn't breener put up the message about the supporters bus to Ulster?
Did he? - if he did then KT are obviously not the issue.

In fairness - Breener is usually a good un so I'm not going to jump to conclusions till I hear from him - maybe it just got lost in the ether :?
Did anyone else submit a post about the bus or is it just mine that's missing?

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

I got a reply from Breener. He said he never got my post but will be glad to post it if I send again - so I've sent a link to this thread again - hopefully get a few more bodies out of it!

EDIT: Fair play - it's up already :D

Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

Hi Guys !!

If there is one seat left, I'm on !
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Sandrine wrote:Hi Guys !!

Excellent - can you pm Jedifart - he's taking numbers

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Sandrine wrote:Hi Guys !!

There might be - email me your photo and vital stats and I'll see what I can do.