Connacht on Friday

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I am posting live from an internet cafe on Quay St, Galway. By an amazing coincidence I have urgent business down here tomorrow morning and I will be sticking around and enjoying the match. I have to say the place does seem busy enough but I had no problem getting a B&B right beside the ground. Sexy Rexy, The best of luck with your highspeed dash. Lets hope its worth it!
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

El Diablo wrote:I am posting live from an internet cafe on Quay St, Galway. By an amazing coincidence I have urgent business down here tomorrow morning and I will be sticking around and enjoying the match. I have to say the place does seem busy enough but I had no problem getting a B&B right beside the ground. Sexy Rexy, The best of luck with your highspeed dash. Lets hope its worth it!
El D, think you'd have time to nip into the internet cafe tomorrow at lunchtime and give us a weather update? It would help me solve the hoody or rain jacket dilemma.
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Galway is the rainest place in the known universe. Always expect rain in Galway.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Tara wrote:
El Diablo wrote:I am posting live from an internet cafe on Quay St, Galway. By an amazing coincidence I have urgent business down here tomorrow morning and I will be sticking around and enjoying the match. I have to say the place does seem busy enough but I had no problem getting a B&B right beside the ground. Sexy Rexy, The best of luck with your highspeed dash. Lets hope its worth it!
El D, think you'd have time to nip into the internet cafe tomorrow at lunchtime and give us a weather update? It would help me solve the hoody or rain jacket dilemma.
Bring the full set of waterproofs. We usually stand on the uncovered Terrace. :!:
T - 45
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Tara wrote:
Bring the full set of waterproofs. We usually stand on the uncovered Terrace. :!:
Well it's beautiful down here at the moment, nice and sunny
let's hope it continues like this
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Right, I'm outta here, see ya suckers!! Full speed to the West!
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sexy_rexy wrote:Right, I'm outta here, see ya suckers!! Full speed to the West!
Have a safe journey, and an awesome time. And don't forget to leave that coat on your chair... :lol:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Am still at work - will never make it to focken Galway in time for 6.30pm :cry:
Sundy
Enlightened

Post by Sundy »

sheepshagger wrote:Am still at work - will never make it to focken Galway in time for 6.30pm :cry:
not a chance you mite as well give up! Looks like another listener to galway bay fm!
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Left Dublin at 3pm, took me over 4 hours to get to the sportsground, another 3 hours back today. So all in all, over 7 hours travelling, for 35 minutes of rugby.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

sexy_rexy wrote:Left Dublin at 3pm, took me over 4 hours to get to the sportsground, another 3 hours back today. So all in all, over 7 hours travelling, for 35 minutes of rugby.
Traffic was a f%~king nightmare.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

sexy_rexy wrote:Left Dublin at 3pm, took me over 4 hours to get to the sportsground, another 3 hours back today. So all in all, over 7 hours travelling, for 35 minutes of rugby.
But wasn't it worth it? :wink:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

claire_m wrote:
If the match reports are anything to go by - I'd say No :(
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

sheepshagger wrote:
claire_m wrote:
If the match reports are anything to go by - I'd say No :(
I enjoyed myself despite missing most of the 1st half and gasping for a Heino

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

okay despite being the best dressed man in Cobra, Rios, Cocoon, AKA, Lillie's and Legg's - I still got no sex tonight so here goes the galway report before beddie byes-

1) Leinster are woeful at the mo.

2) Connacht are decent but quite limited.

3) The Leinster lineout is comical - Vermass is useless, jumpers not even getting up in the air, complete and utter farce.

4) Hickie still has prolific try scoring ability.

5) Mal sinbinning was understandable - somebody had to slow down that move.

6) Connacht facilities make Leinster's look shite - how can the dogs have such good facilities and not the only pro team sport in the country?

7) McHugh has concrete boots and a sense of humour.

8) Warwick should have started.

9) Leinster lucky to get a winning bp.

10) Sing song was top notch.

11) Jedi knows some focking obscure songs.

I'll think of some more tomorrow, i'm going to sleep
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:okay despite being the best dressed man in Cobra, Rios, Cocoon, AKA, Lillie's and Legg's - I still got no sex tonight so here goes the galway report before beddie byes-

3) The Leinster lineout is comical - Vermass is useless, jumpers not even getting up in the air, complete and utter farce.

6) Connacht facilities make Leinster's look shite - how can the dogs have such good facilities and not the only pro team sport in the country?

12. Shitebag, great word that I learned from one Leinster fan when shouting at McHugh

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Post by Beer Baron »

epaddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:okay despite being the best dressed man in Cobra, Rios, Cocoon, AKA, Lillie's and Legg's - I still got no sex tonight so here goes the galway report before beddie byes-

12. Shitebag, great word that I learned from one Leinster fan when shouting at McHugh
13) Concrete booted McHugh likes to fight, and took a fair few digs from BOD
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Fock me I'm having a flashback to that "You're a scumbag McHugh, You're a scumbag" too funny.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:Fock me I'm having a flashback to that "You're a scumbag McHugh, You're a scumbag" too funny.
I was having flashbacks to "KILL. KILL. KILL."!!! That was focking hilarious.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

T.C.B. wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Fock me I'm having a flashback to that "You're a scumbag McHugh, You're a scumbag" too funny.
I was having flashbacks to "KILL. KILL. KILL."!!! That was focking hilarious.
in honour of the original nut job who used to shout it in the Brook, I'm gonna bring that back into fashion. It's gold.