Aine - Can you identify who is giving tickets to touts?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

jrc wrote:I disagree. Why should the person not be named and shamed??
Because of their right to privacy. Because the branch (or RFU, whoever is responsible here) might not be entitled to publish their names without prior notice/warning of the consequence. Because we're not vigilantes.

Yes, it's scumbaggery of a high order, but it's not up to us to hand down punishment. By all means help the branch/RFU identify this person, but it's over to them after that.

EDIT: Isn't that all about to change soon anyway? I have a vague recollection of ticket touting actually becoming illegal
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Fock their rights - ticket touts are scum - plain and simple. . .stone him/her I say.

Funny how most of the tickets on ebay have come up as the people are now 'sick' or have 'work committments'. . . strange how they don't know ANYBODY to take it off their hands for Face Value :roll:
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

meinster wrote:
Because of their right to privacy. Because the branch (or RFU, whoever is responsible here) might not be entitled to publish their names without prior notice/warning of the consequence. Because we're not vigilantes.

Yes, it's scumbaggery of a high order, but it's not up to us to hand down punishment. By all means help the branch/RFU identify this person, but it's over to them after that.

EDIT: Isn't that all about to change soon anyway? I have a vague recollection of ticket touting actually becoming illegal
Agree with you on this one, Meinster. Ticket touting is disgusting, but so are the resultant messageboard-sponsored witch hunts!!
shelly94
Knowledgeable

Post by shelly94 »

Have to agree. Its up to the branch to make sure they dont get anymore tickets.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

ckav wrote:
meinster wrote:

Agree with you on this one, Meinster. Ticket touting is disgusting, but so are the resultant messageboard-sponsored witch hunts!!
You also need to be careful because you don't know who the people are behind the ticket touting - it might not be some nice wee lass in Dublin 1 doing it for some pin money - it could be anyone and their motives could be less noble.

My advice would be if you're so anti touting (and I'm not pro) then get the ticket number and report it to whoever sold the ticket - it's their business not ours.

One thing I would seriously advise against doing is actively publicising what you're doing, naming names and false bidding on ebay.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

You can't demand info like that - especially if they are a seaosn ticket holder. They have a right to privacy. Even if the law was changed you can't go around accusing people of breaking unless you are pretty sure of your facts. Let the branch deal with it
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

We need more witch hunts IMO. Smoke them out.
MAB
Beginner

Post by MAB »

I think it is up to the LB to look after this. If they are serious about stopping touting it would be easy to find the source of this ticket and take appropriate action. All we should have to do is bring this to their attention.
chillers
Knowledgeable

Post by chillers »

Leinsterman wrote:We need more witch hunts IMO. Smoke them out.
Oh yeah, witch hunts are great fun:

BEDEVERE:
What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3:
Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEVERE:
A newt?
VILLAGER #3:
I got better.
VILLAGER #2:
Burn her anyway!

CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her!...
BEDEVERE:
Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether she is a witch. …
BEDEVERE:
Tell me. What do you do with witches?
CROWD:
Burn! Burn them up! Burn!...
BEDEVERE:
And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1:
More witches!

and so on...
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

At the very least, I'd like a response from the branch, telling us if it was a STH or not, and what action has been taken.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

chillers wrote:
Oh yeah, witch hunts are great fun:

BEDEVERE:
What makes you think she is a witch?
VILLAGER #3:
Well, she turned me into a newt.
BEDEVERE:
A newt?
VILLAGER #3:
I got better.
VILLAGER #2:
Burn her anyway!

CROWD:
Burn her! Burn! Burn her!...
BEDEVERE:
Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! Quiet! There are ways of telling whether she is a witch. …
BEDEVERE:
Tell me. What do you do with witches?
CROWD:
Burn! Burn them up! Burn!...
BEDEVERE:
And what do you burn apart from witches?
VILLAGER #1:
More witches!

and so on...
Focking A.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Witchfinder general
Graduate

Post by Witchfinder general »

If theres any witch hunting to be done I'll be happy to offer my services.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

meinster wrote:
scrum25 wrote:We need Rowena to spill the beans on who got ticket 202
Steady on now, that's none of our business. We'd like her to identify the person and prevent that person from getting further tickets, but the identity of that person is none of our business.

I agree with you and Ckav, If my earlier post gave the impression, I expected Rowena to publish the name on the web, that is not appropriate but the Branch should investigate
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Having taken Buntys legal advice into account :? , I have removed the personal details of the seller.

As per the sentiments outlined here by others, I hope that the original "owner" of this ticket has been traced and will be banned from purchasing LB tickets in the future. However, this is up to the branch and ultimately not our choice.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

flog them, hang them and quarter them - they knew how to deal with touts in 1660 and what a jolly good day out it was too:

"To my Lord's in the morning, where I met with Captain Cuttance, but my Lord not being up I went out to Charing Cross, to see Major-general Harrison hanged, drawn; and quartered; which was done there, he looking as cheerful as any man could do in that condition. He was presently cut down, and his head and heart shown to the people, at which there was great shouts of joy."

Samuel Pepys' Diary for 13th October 1660

or is this too good for them?