Moderator: moderators

epaddy
Shane Horgan

Anyone see this

Post by epaddy »

From Setanta Sports

Dalymount not for Leinster
Saturday, 6 May 10:55 BST

Leinster have dismissed a suggestion that they could become eircom League side Bohemians' new tenants out in Castleknock from 2007.

The province made contact with Gareth Farrelly's Phibsboro-based squad as they continue to look into all their options for a playing venue into the future, but CEO Mick Dawson has now confirmed that they hope to reach an agreement to play in a newly refurbished RDS once Lansdowne Road becomes unavailable.

"The RDS is closing for a year.=," he said.

"What they intend to do is put down their new pitch, and put in floodlighting and permanent seating. We are currently in negotiations with them to get a long-term arrangement from September 2007.

"We won't be playing in Dalymount."

He added: "For next season, we'll play our Celtic League matches at Donnybrook and our Heineken Cup games at Lansdowne. All that is in place."
It was on LR from a few days ago. Fantastic news if we are going to jump on board with the RDS. Thank god we are staying in the Donnybrook/ballsbridge area
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I know its a very big IF but what IF, planning permission is granted to redevelop Lansdowne Road and the bulldozers are ripping down the stands? Where will they play the H Cup games in early January? Does Mick Dawson know something that the GAA don't? Coz they have clearly said that Croke Park will only be open once LR is being redeveloped.
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Mauler wrote:I know its a very big IF but what IF, planning permission is granted to redevelop Lansdowne Road and the bulldozers are ripping down the stands? Where will they play the H Cup games in early January? Does Mick Dawson know something that the GAA don't? Coz they have clearly said that Croke Park will only be open once LR is being redeveloped.
My thoughts exactly. If LR is open for business while England are trotting out in Croker, there's going to have to be some serious politicking...
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Mauler wrote:I know its a very big IF but what IF, planning permission is granted to redevelop Lansdowne Road and the bulldozers are ripping down the stands? Where will they play the H Cup games in early January? Does Mick Dawson know something that the GAA don't? Coz they have clearly said that Croke Park will only be open once LR is being redeveloped.
Final rounds of H-Cup games are in January so Leinster will prob be the last team to play in LR in January in Round 5 or 6 of the H Cup. LR is then scheduled to be torn down in late Jan.
Last edited by Colm on May 9th, 2006, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

According to Breener the bull-dozers won't even start untill after the HC group games in January
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

sexy_rexy wrote:According to Breener the bull-dozers won't even start untill after the HC group games in January
Breener is correct .. it's in the schedule for the LR Redvelopment
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

not strictly wot sean kelly said when the planning issue was raised. he said that the agreement was that once lansdowne was closed, the gaa would open its gates. so technically you could play the last h-cup game in round 5 and then close it, then bang, Crokers open

i believe cork or sumthing tried to coz some hassle late last year and kelly shot them down
Last edited by Darce on May 9th, 2006, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sexy_rexy wrote:According to Breener the bull-dozers won't even start untill after the HC group games in January
If even then. . . . .theres a LOT of objections to get through before they can switch on the bulldozers.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Our home pool games should finish in Mid-January.

The demolition work will almost certainly be delayed by planning objections.

I don't see a 6N match happening in Croke Park until 2008.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

sheepshagger wrote:
If even then. . . . .theres a LOT of objections to get through before they can switch on the bulldozers.
There was an update of it's process on Newstalk a few weeks ago and it's all on schedule. The residents concerns will be taken in to account but in a way, the stadium has been there for over 100 years so they can't say they didn't know there was a stadium there when they moved in. I expect any objections to be sorted out financially or thrown out with the minimum of disruption.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

ckav wrote:

not according to sean kelly, he's adament LR will close in january and we'll be Croker in feb07. even the official fixtures reflect this
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Darce wrote:
ckav wrote:
[/b]

I don't see a 6N match happening in Croke Park until 2008.[/b]
not according to sean kelly, he's adament LR will close in january and we'll be Croker in feb07. even the official fixtures reflect this

I hope Sean Kelly is right.

There is a lot of money & power behind some of the objectors. :?
Outsider
Learner

Post by Outsider »

Looking a bit further down the road.... if Leinster get to a home quarter or semi in the HC.... where will the games be played? It will be April.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Darce wrote:
ckav wrote:
[/b]

I don't see a 6N match happening in Croke Park until 2008.[/b]
Just a point ... It's no longer Sean Kelly's word to be taken as gospel anymore. Although, it was passed through GAA congress so I see LR closing at the end of Jan and getting knocked. The GAA will make a killing from it but at least you know they'll put all the earnings back in to the grass roots of GAA.
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

ckav wrote:
Darce wrote:
ckav wrote: Our home pool games should finish in Mid-January.

I hope Sean Kelly is right.

There is a lot of money & power behind some of the objectors. :?

in the immortal words of the simpsons,
"dean: that pig had some powerful friends"

"Nixon: you'll pay...oh you'll pay"
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Colm wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
There was an update of it's process on Newstalk a few weeks ago and it's all on schedule. The residents concerns will be taken in to account but in a way, the stadium has been there for over 100 years so they can't say they didn't know there was a stadium there when they moved in. I expect any objections to be sorted out financially or thrown out with the minimum of disruption.
the issue facing the IRFU at the moment is potential interruption of sunlight, apparently. You know, cos the Ballsbridge area has a tropical micro-climate and all. :?

at the moment I believe they're trying to talk nicely to the objectors, and explain to them that the new structure won't block out their light.

Don't forget Denis O'Brien is also behind the Wanderers' Clubhouse objections.

It could run and run...
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Outsider wrote:Looking a bit further down the road.... if Leinster get to a home quarter or semi in the HC.... where will the games be played? It will be April.
Forefit it and play away or BEG the RDS not to close!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

ckav wrote:

Rugby and Soccer will be played in CP next year, contacts signed, boxes sold etc. They might not let us back though
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Colm wrote:
Outsider wrote:Looking a bit further down the road.... if Leinster get to a home quarter or semi in the HC.... where will the games be played? It will be April.
Forefit it and play away or BEG the RDS not to close!
fock that. the GAA will sell there souls for the all mighty euro, they know where the bottom line is.
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

ckav wrote:
Colm wrote:
sheepshagger wrote: If even then. . . . .theres a LOT of objections to get through before they can switch on the bulldozers.
the issue facing the IRFU at the moment is potential interruption of sunlight, apparently. You know, cos the Ballsbridge area has a tropical micro-climate and all. :?

at the moment I believe they're trying to talk nicely to the objectors, and explain to them that the new structure won't block out their light.

Don't forget Denis O'Brien is also behind the Wanderers' Clubhouse objections.

It could run and run...
The government have put a substantial amount of Bling Bling behind this redevelopment and most of the time ... what Bertie wants, he gets!

Besides, I think people power will make it happen. We've been without a decent soccer/rugby stadium for so long that the public have had enough of this waiting around. Just get the bloody thing done with!