A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RobbieRockBoy
Enlightened

Darcy?

Post by RobbieRockBoy »

Rumour? True? Half true?

http://www.munsterfans.com/forum/forum_ ... ?TID=13685

[QUOTE=NiallGK]I've heard a report emanating from a source within Leinster Rugby that
all efforts to rehabilitate D'Arcy's forearm after the injury he suffered
against Italy have failed and that he is unlikely to play rugby again.

Can anyone corroborate this?[/QUOTE]
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Darcy?

Post by jrc »

I hope not. How much of the Irish training camp did he take part in?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Seems highly unlikely he would be called up to an International training camp if he wasn't fit for contact etc?
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

he was also showing up at the kids rugby camps just prior to the international training camp. It was said here that his injury did not heal correctly first time around but it was also mentioned since that he was soon to be back.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Sandrine
Graduate

Post by Sandrine »

Oh Gosh! I hope it's only rumours!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:
French by Birth, Irish by the Grace of Rugby
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

sarah_lennon wrote:Seems highly unlikely he would be called up to an International training camp if he wasn't fit for contact etc?
I don't know, Leo Cullen was supposed to be out until October with his shoulder surgery yet he was called up for the international squad. I doubt he'd be ready for contact. I think the injured guys were included for the 'meet and greet' part of it......
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

I don't believe it is true.
As per Olafs comment, he was at Malahide Rugby Summer camp a month ago. At that point he had already gone through his 2nd operation and was looking forward to returning in the autumn. Said he was track following the 2nd op. So unless something has happen in the meantime, you would hope it is not true. Hope he recovers soon as he is a terrific fella as well as being a terrific player.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

jrc wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Seems highly unlikely he would be called up to an International training camp if he wasn't fit for contact etc?
I don't know, Leo Cullen was supposed to be out until October with his shoulder surgery yet he was called up for the international squad. I doubt he'd be ready for contact. I think the injured guys were included for the 'meet and greet' part of it......
Yeah, Leamy was there today.

Something official would be nice with regards to D'Arcy - I'm sure we'll get more info closer to the start of the season.
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

Definitely not true. I only spoke to his mother last weekend about him. The arm is still not right but there is certainly no mention of never being able to play again at this stage. Leinster, Lansdowne and Irish doctors are locked into some sort of argument about the correct way to go about the next stage of treatment for his arm. It's gonna take some time but he'll be back.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

D'Arse wrote:Definitely not true. I only spoke to his mother last weekend about him. The arm is still not right but there is certainly no mention of never being able to play again at this stage. Leinster, Lansdowne and Irish doctors are locked into some sort of argument about the correct way to go about the next stage of treatment for his arm. It's gonna take some time but he'll be back.
Lansdowne doctors?? That's a bit strange seeing as they don't pay his salary and he doesn't exactly play for them too often....
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

He'll be back. No doubt. Will miss opener plus one.
But he's on the road to a full recovery.
Impeccable source.
Last edited by RnR on August 11th, 2008, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

http://leinsterrugby.ie/members/index.asp?docID=2307

3rd photo down kind of puts this debate to bed, pretty cool looking scar too.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

jrc wrote:
D'Arse wrote:Definitely not true. I only spoke to his mother last weekend about him. The arm is still not right but there is certainly no mention of never being able to play again at this stage. Leinster, Lansdowne and Irish doctors are locked into some sort of argument about the correct way to go about the next stage of treatment for his arm. It's gonna take some time but he'll be back.
Lansdowne doctors?? That's a bit strange seeing as they don't pay his salary and he doesn't exactly play for them too often....
Yes I said the same thing but he's still technically a Lansdowne player. If he ever got dropped from the professional league he would automatically revert back to playing for Lansdowne so I suppose it makes sense.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
D'Arse
Mullet

Post by D'Arse »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:http://leinsterrugby.ie/members/index.asp?docID=2307

He's not back playing full contact yet. You can see he's lost a lot of muscle on the arm as he hasn't been able to lift any weights with it since the break.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

D'Arse wrote:

He's not back playing full contact yet. You can see he's lost a lot of muscle on the arm as he hasn't been able to lift any weights with it since the break.
Well the fact that he's training at all would suggest he'll be back, it wouldnt be in anyone's interests to have him training if it was doubtful he'd recover. That is true bout contact tho, actually looking at the size of his arm there's no way he'll be back for the start of the season imo.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

The scar on the arm he's NOT carrying the ball with you mean? As in ..... the hand he normally carries the ball with :-)
When Google can't find something, they Norris it.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I heard this rumour a while back. Touch wood it's all farce.

Even if he does come back though, it'll be a big test for him to get back to his fine form.

We should be at the stage of the best centre partnership in the world coming into in it's prime like the good old days at 12 & 13. Are we cursed?

You don't see many other teams losing players of that caliber (3 world player of the year nominations between them) for so long and to such career threatening injuries, this often. Rarely both are fit and mostly 1 is injured.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

I have been told that Darcy will play again this season , the only question is when. Darcy has set his personal goal for returning as november. The coaches however feel that it may take longer than this.

Darcy got a second opinion on his injury's healing progress. and was told that it is healing.

I heard this first hand from one of the leinster coaches.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

At the training session in Portlaoise he took part in the light contact session but was the only one wearing a bright yellow high vis vest. DO NOT HIT ME !!!. When everybody else put on the full contact sumo wrestler suits he sat out on the side lines with Jennings, Toner and Cullen.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

odyboody wrote:When everybody else put on the full contact sumo wrestler suits he sat out on the side lines with Jennings, Toner and Cullen.
What was wrong with Jennings and Toner?