Where are you watching the HEC final?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

H-Bomb
Bookworm

Where are you watching the HEC final?

Post by H-Bomb »

For those of us not travelling to Cardiff, how about nominating a pub to watch the match in en masse? Safety in numbers etc amongst all the jubilant Munster fans.
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Fron the comfort of my own sitting room
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

thecoolfreak wrote:Fron the comfort of my own sitting room
Ditto. You bring the doritos, I'll sort out the beer...... :wink:

Oh yeah and the red bull to kick me awake.......these two teams are unlikely to produce a spectacle for the neutral.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Oh yeah and the red bull to kick me awake.......these two teams are unlikely to produce a spectacle for the neutral.
Think i might need something stronger than red bull
Oscar
Mullet

Post by Oscar »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Think i might need something stronger than red bull
Cocaine?

I'll be in London, before heading to the real European final in the Stoop the next day.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I'll be in the Clubhouse in Carton House at the Irish Open watching the game, drinking Ken and abusing Turnipstanies

Allez les Blues
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

I'll be in Oxford, sorry Bomber.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

I don't think I'll watch it, tbh. Don't enjoy the style of rugby played by both finalists - don't feel any compelling desire to watch it now that my own team are not in contention. It's a bit like watching the FA Cup Final when you don't support either side....kinda pointless.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Mauler wrote:I'll be in the Clubhouse in Carton House at the Irish Open watching the game, drinking Ken and abusing Turnipstanies

Allez les Blues
speaking of Carton House, did I see your pal in the Irish Times last weekend?
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

ckav wrote:I don't think I'll watch it, tbh. Don't enjoy the style of rugby played by both finalists - don't feel any compelling desire to watch it now that my own team are not in contention. It's a bit like watching the FA Cup Final when you don't support either side....kinda pointless.

Good Point Well Made. Rugby played like that makes baby Jesus cry.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Pub for Saturday's Match

Post by Donny B. »

Dunno where I'm watching it, probably just down my local
Like most Leinster fans, I will watch the game but I'm not going to make a day out of it. That would be just a bit too sad.

The likes of the Portobello Bar, Roly Bolands etc. will be major Turnipstan hang outs. Couldn't really stomach that many turnips in one spot though, especially if they're triumphant turnips!!!
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

I shall be high on the Peak District moors. I shall be so remote that a mobile phone signal won't get through. And when I have finished my little hike (20 miles) I shall relax in the Snake Pass Inn and then other pubs in Buxton. On Sunday I shall have an Authentic Bradford curry (£5.00 all in) and then get the plane back in the evening at which point Aunty Edna who is picking me from the airport may tell me the score if I'm bothered to ask.

Have to disagree about the FA Cup mind - I don't support Liverpool or WHU but Saturday's match was a great game. Also Wasps v Toulouse final was a great game too - if not just for the manner of its winning. Saturday's match though might not be too good - Munster just haven't got the backs to play expansive rugby. BOPB may do though :)
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Re: Pub for Saturday's Match

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny Brooke wrote: The likes of the Portobello Bar, Roly Bolands etc. will be major Turnipstan hang outs.
Roddys is my local - and can be full of Turnips at times (in fact think its owned by some Turnip from Tipp).
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Oh the bitterness. Genuine rugby fans will watch the game because it is the showpiece of the european game. Anyone who dosent has no real interest in rugby and is only going to "the beach" to be part of a gang.
Ignoring Dan the Zulu for months now
Oscar
Mullet

Re: Pub for Saturday's Match

Post by Oscar »

sheepshagger wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: The likes of the Portobello Bar, Roly Bolands etc. will be major Turnipstan hang outs.
Roddys is my local - and can be full of Turnips at times (in fact think its owned by some Turnip from Tipp).
I wouldn't go to any pub in the Rathmines area; from the Dropping Well in Milltown to the Portobello any pub that shows the rugby will have Turnips in it. Going over to Ranelagh or Donnybrook might be a better bet.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

sewa wrote:Oh the bitterness. Genuine rugby fans will watch the game because it is the showpiece of the european game. Anyone who dosent has no real interest in rugby and is only going to "the beach" to be part of a gang.
It really is stretching it to call, what munster do, rugby. :wink:
Jake
Bookworm

Post by Jake »

sexy_rexy wrote:
ckav wrote:I don't think I'll watch it, tbh. Don't enjoy the style of rugby played by both finalists - don't feel any compelling desire to watch it now that my own team are not in contention. It's a bit like watching the FA Cup Final when you don't support either side....kinda pointless.

Good Point Well Made. Rugby played like that makes baby Jesus cry.
I agree, when Leinster come up against the big boys they know how rugby should be played. 6 points in 80 minutes, how exciting.
One in, all in!
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

sexy_rexy wrote:
sewa wrote:Oh the bitterness. Genuine rugby fans will watch the game because it is the showpiece of the european game. Anyone who dosent has no real interest in rugby and is only going to "the beach" to be part of a gang.
It really is stretching it to call, what munster do, rugby. :wink:
No. In fact you raise an interesting point though. Would Leinster be better off playing 7's. I can see you being successful at that.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Sewa - I'd still go out and watch the game if I was in Dublin. . .but i'm not - booked Cardiff months ago so will still be going over.
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

sheepshagger wrote:
Sewa - I'd still go out and watch the game if I was in Dublin. . .but i'm not - booked Cardiff months ago so will still be going over.
Fair play. Hopefully we will see you over there.