Jennings

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

JohnM
Beginner

Re: Jennings

Post by JohnM »

Dom Ryan could end up making the 23 a lot now as a result. Shame for Jennings as he's really going to miss out on any chance of an internationl place for another season.
Stan Wright is a hungry hungry hippo.
colin_m
Beginner

Post by colin_m »

garr17 wrote:
exactly the problem different citing process if hayes did it in the HEC he would be gone! fopr good but because its an irish committee he's back jsut on time for the internationals

my point the IRFU now look like Tw@ts for the ban they gave in comparison to this

In fairness, they had a good teacher in the RFU who have form for manufacturing bans for their enforcers that happened to expire just before the 6N.
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

garr17 wrote:
Benji wrote:Yep I agree. Onwards too Brive. Now's your time Sean o'brien, I think O'Brien can go onto great things with Leinster and Ireland.
only positive we can take is this
Well that and it's good to see gouging getting punished a bit more properly.
sarciegit

Post by sarciegit »

as a munster fan i'm really disappointed for Jennings. In the current climate its stupid to go near anyone's face and only he knows what he was thinking (or not) at the time. I think he's gonna to be a massive loss for the Autumn Internationals as his type of game would have been just what we needed against the Boks.
boyneside winger
Learner

Post by boyneside winger »

As I see it any hand contact to the face means the fingers are in the general area of the eye...........so are we going to see players cited for "hand-offs" in tackles to the face?? :? :?

Kennedy was holding on to Jennings after the ball was gone...the quickest way to get him to let go without the obvious punch is to rub the hand in his face! A risky tactic in hindsight, as a pussy like Kennedy may make a meal out of it.

This should be the end of any hand to face contact in rugby if 12 week bans seem to be the result. I only hope it doesn't start players simulating (been gouged) like in puffball.
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Jennings' ban is fair. For my money it's clearly a rake rather than gouging (the two are VERY different things), but the penalty is fair.

Having said that, it just makes it more apparent what a joke other recent "punishments" have been.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

My guess is that this is one of the first examples of a new "get tough" regime with regard to gouging. In one way it's tough on Jenno that his ban is less than Burger's and (as far as I recall) Quinlan's. In another he's unbelievably thick for putting himself in this position in the first place.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

JohnM wrote:Dom Ryan could end up making the 23 a lot now as a result. Shame for Jennings as he's really going to miss out on any chance of an internationl place for another season.

I don’t think it’s a shame tbh. I think he deserves to miss out on AI. Only a complete moron would put a hand anywhere near the face/eye after the summer rugby had.

The HEC got it right imo & have shown the ML sanctions to be the joke they are.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Turnip Boy
Knowledgeable

Post by Turnip Boy »

dingbat wrote:Jennings' ban is fair. For my money it's clearly a rake rather than gouging (the two are VERY different things), but the penalty is fair.

Having said that, it just makes it more apparent what a joke other recent "punishments" have been.
It does show the ML punishements for what they are. However both Munster and Leinster have benefited from those joke punishments as you call them.
“It was a very simple gameplan, not the type of gameplan that would work for the Wallabies. I think it’d be too restrictive on the talent we have.” - Rocky on Leinster's style of rugby.
JohnM
Beginner

Post by JohnM »

Scott wrote:
JohnM wrote:Dom Ryan could end up making the 23 a lot now as a result. Shame for Jennings as he's really going to miss out on any chance of an internationl place for another season.

I don’t think it’s a shame tbh. I think he deserves to miss out on AI. Only a complete moron would put a hand anywhere near the face/eye after the summer rugby had.

The HEC got it right imo & have shown the ML sanctions to be the joke they are.
I meant its a shame for him personally. Obviously I agree theres no room for gouging.
Stan Wright is a hungry hungry hippo.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

T.C.B. wrote:
ruck wrote:there must have been some other footage that we didn't see. And i thought he'd get a ban if there was other footage, as his actions did not look good at the time. A fair ban imo.
If he gouged, fair enough. There must have been something we didn't/couldn't see. It's how the likes of Schalk Burger gets 8 weeks with a vicious gouge that is farcial.
+1
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Flip. We're down to the bare bones now in the back row. Strauss might well be employed more in the backrow when he arrives
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

cud wrote:My guess is that this is one of the first examples of a new "get tough" regime with regard to gouging. In one way it's tough on Jenno that his ban is less than Burger's and (as far as I recall) Quinlan's. In another he's unbelievably thick for putting himself in this position in the first place.
My guess is that this is the first and last example of a new "get tough" regime.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Disgraceful ban. Almost as bad as the Ospreys crying wolf last season.

This just furthers my opinion that rugby is poorly officiated, even at the top table and at the committee level.
Anyone But New Zealand
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

FLIP wrote:Disgraceful ban.
Don't be daft.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

FLIP wrote:Disgraceful ban. Almost as bad as the Ospreys crying wolf last season.

This just furthers my opinion that rugby is poorly officiated, even at the top table and at the committee level.
Nonsense.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Turnip Boy
Knowledgeable

Post by Turnip Boy »

FLIP wrote:Disgraceful ban. Almost as bad as the Ospreys crying wolf last season.

Disgraceful post more like. It will be interesting to see if Jennings/LR tries to appeal it or not given the IRB dictat on the crime (they have the right to appeal the ban if they reckon it was too light) and Jennings history (especially the non ban from the Connacht game last season).
“It was a very simple gameplan, not the type of gameplan that would work for the Wallabies. I think it’d be too restrictive on the talent we have.” - Rocky on Leinster's style of rugby.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

No evidence, and a diktat from above stating that anything resembling gouging should be slapped down.

This would be chucked out of a real court so fast I'd barely have the time to type lawsuit.

They'd be much better off serving retrospective bans on real thugs like Quinlan and Burger.
Anyone But New Zealand
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

disgraceful ban,wouldn't agree with that statement.its the minimum for the offence he was found guilty of,like alan quinlan he will have to pay for his recklessness.putting your fingers on or near someones eye is DANGEROUS end of story,it is up to the unions involved to apply the rules and to do so in a consistent manner which is something i think all rugby loving fans and players want to see.sure you will be dissapointed if one of your own team is punished as in my own team with the alan quinlan banning ,but my disappointment that he did it ,intentionally or not was greater than any disappointment felt at lenght of ban.The game needs acts like gouging dealt with strongly and that means long bans.do the crime,do the time.
Retired
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

FLIP wrote:No evidence, and a diktat from above stating that anything resembling gouging should be slapped down.

This would be chucked out of a real court so fast I'd barely have the time to type lawsuit.

They'd be much better off serving retrospective bans on real thugs like Quinlan and Burger.

Just because you did not see evidence, doesn't mean there was none. Also a player has no business putting
his hand on another players face.

This wasn't a court

Quinlan served his ban and yeah, Burger should have got more, if twelve weeks is the minimum,
There needs to a bit more consistency between the organisations.