Time for a second screen at RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinster80
Enlightened

Time for a second screen at RDS

Post by leinster80 »

Does anyone else think its time we got a second screen at the RDS... one to keep the north-stander's happy.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Re: Time for a second screen at RDS

Post by Danthefan »

Go ahead and pay for it so.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Danthefan wrote:Go ahead and pay for it so.
Can it be paid for with CJ's last year's salary? :D
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

I'm sure a few quid could be scraped from somewhere!
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
Clermont
Knowledgeable

Post by Clermont »

I like the idea of a second screen but I wonder how much more money Leinster Rugby will put into the RDS when the big games will be played in the Aviva Stadium next year.
Victor Costello – Callsign “Burger” – Turns In His Wings: One Of You Two Jokers Is Going To Top Gun, The Other Is Flying Rubber Dogshit Out of Hong Kong
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

What would worry me is that we might have to face a situation like we had at the Glasgow game should RTE be the broadcast partner next season, in that if the game isn't being televised then we won't have a big screen, and considering RTEs last time as rights holder, it could be a frequent occurance. As the big screen covers the restricted view from the terrace...
I have Bumbleflex
Balrog
Bookworm

Post by Balrog »

I moved to the grandstand this year from the ns (apparently the kids are not waterproof and the roof was the clincher) also meandering in like the man who broke the bank at Monte Carlo with 3 mins to k.o. to assigned seats is also good.

But my initial first thought was "Yay, replays!" But the bloody thing is too low even for the Grandstand denizens, I'm about 10m outside the 22 at the south end and as everyone stands up I can only see the top half which when you think about it ain't the best half for grounding.

I guess there might be stability issues if they put it too high but it would help both the shorties (my short arsery is of the 5' 10" variety, not too short?) in the grandstand and most people in the NS for whom, from where I used to sit, saw zippo.

Just a few feet higher.
posterking
Beginner

Post by posterking »

The poor quality and badly located screen in the RDS is an issue that I feel needs to be addressed. My season ticket is for the North Stand. I've been there for 3 season's now and have sadly gotten used to not being able to see replays. However, I was located in the Grandstand for a game in the Autumn and couldn't see the screen either, well the top half just about. I was going to switch my season ticket to South Stand but I was told not to bother because you can hardly make out the action anyway due to poor quality screen.
I believe that one better quality screen in a better location would solve the problem. I was in Thomond Pk for the recent match and they have one smaller screen, but it is of much higher resolution and in a location where is is visible to everyone (save for a few people at the back of the far end of the North Terrace possible). I was located at the far end of the ground from the screen and could see the live action and replays perfectly.

I emailed Leinster Rugby about the issue, basically saying that North Standers were getitng a raw deal due to lack of screen, and their reply was "As is the standard at club rugby level there is one screen in the RDS and there are currently no plans to put additional screens in the RDS next season."

Why are we aiming to meet just the standard? We should be raising the bar! I am currently trying to persuade the OLSC to address the issue.
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

Can we get them to fix the clock while they are at it.
posterking
Beginner

Post by posterking »

Agreed, that is a complete joke. I don't think the clock has worked properly all season. How hard can it be to get that fixed or a new one.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Scrumdog wrote:Can we get them to fix the clock while they are at it.
Was just about to suggest that too. It's getting embarassing at this stage.
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

Donny B. wrote:
The clock is very useful if you wanted to play bingo though. Just throws out random numbers!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

crisco10 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
The clock is very useful if you wanted to play bingo though. Just throws out random numbers!
Broken clock means more oppertunity for embarrasment from our now legendary MC!
Just imagine:
"penalty try scored by kurt mcquilkin in the 100th minute of the 3rd half" :mullet 3:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I also like the way that this broken clock renders the axiom "even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day" void.
Not this one it doesn't. 100 o'clock.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

fourthirtythree wrote:I also like the way that this broken clock renders the axiom "even a broken clock tells the right time twice a day" void.
Not this one it doesn't. 100 o'clock.
LOL yeah, last week it was 49:78 mins passed and the score was 1-0 :lol:

Would prefer they get the clock/scoreboard fixed to a screen.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

How much does it cost to rent such a screen? Is it really such a big deal to get another one? The difference it would make to so many fans would make it worth while.
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Clermont wrote:I like the idea of a second screen but I wonder how much more money Leinster Rugby will put into the RDS when the big games will be played in the Aviva Stadium next year.
the incoming Leinster president made a speech in the bar I was inbefore the clermont game. He said that so far only the munster game will be in LR. He also said that there will be more upgrading done to the facilities in the rds over the summer so maybe that means another big screen! We're also playing wasps in a friendly in the rds at the end of august.
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
posterking
Beginner

Post by posterking »

I learn from the OLSC that there is a possibility of a new screen next season. I think it is also key that they position whatever screen they have is a better location so that all spectators can enjoy it.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

posterking wrote:I learn from the OLSC that there is a possibility of a new screen next season. I think it is also key that they position whatever screen they have is a better location so that all spectators can enjoy it.
Where in the ground can you put a screen so that all spectators can see it?
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Danthefan wrote:
posterking wrote:I learn from the OLSC that there is a possibility of a new screen next season. I think it is also key that they position whatever screen they have is a better location so that all spectators can enjoy it.
Where in the ground can you put a screen so that all spectators can see it?
Why floating face down over the centre of the pitch, suspended by magical unicorns of course! Sheesh! :roll: Keep up!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk