Leinster Green Flag on the Terrace

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

IanD
Official Mascot

Leinster Green Flag on the Terrace

Post by IanD »

Not sure if the guy with the Green Leinster Harp flag posts here so if know and you know him please pass on my comments.

A personal request as it were. I ask that you do not bring this flag to the terrace again. For the last couple of games people keep asking me why is there a Connacht fan flying a flag on the terrace. I know the history of this particular flag from reading about it here but the general populace dont seem to understand it. If they dont get it how will Leinster players from overseas understand it.

I also think it is a bit disrespectful to Leinster Rugby staff, the OLSC and the people who volunteer to hand out Blue Flags and put up banners etc in an attempt to make the RDS Blue to have a green flag in the middle of the terrace. At the end of the day we sing about the Boys in Blue and dont really mention green.

I am not trying to step on any toes here. Just my 2c.
Cheers Ian
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster Green Flag on the Terrace

Post by Leinsterman »

IanD wrote: For the last couple of games people keep asking me why is there a Connacht fan flying a flag on the terrace. I know the history of this particular flag from reading about it here but the general populace dont seem to understand it. If they dont get it how will Leinster players from overseas understand it.
"People" can be extremely ignorant at times. They should open a book and educate themselves.
IanD wrote:
I also think it is a bit disrespectful to Leinster Rugby staff, the OLSC and the people who volunteer to hand out Blue Flags and put up banners etc in an attempt to make the RDS Blue to have a green flag in the middle of the terrace. At the end of the day we sing about the Boys in Blue and dont really mention green.
It's ONE flag.
Let's not all get "offended" and worked up over one single flag.

EDIT: I'm not the person waving the flag but I don't see it as a big deal.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

WTF? :?
Des Aster
Beginner

Post by Des Aster »

IanD wrote:Not sure if the guy with the Green Leinster Harp flag posts here so if know and you know him please pass on my comments.

A personal request as it were. I ask that you do not bring this flag to the terrace again. For the last couple of games people keep asking me why is there a Connacht fan flying a flag on the terrace. I know the history of this particular flag from reading about it here but the general populace dont seem to understand it. If they dont get it how will Leinster players from overseas understand it.

Cheers Ian
Ian, Get a life. Imagine if it was red. Now that would be worth getting upset about.
podge09
Bookworm

Post by podge09 »

As you can see i own such a flag but have not used it since the HEC final in murrayfield, however after this post i think i may reconsider. It is the original leinster flag and i'm not dis-respecting anyone if i bring it, i respect and am thrilled all the olsc do for the province but come on, that is how people get educated by seeing and then looking it up. I love where i'm from and am proud to be a true leinster man who was and will always be behind the men in blue. A flag will not change that, Come on people!!!!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

We all know the history of the flag, but do you see blue flags at our friends down in the South - their Province flag is blue, but you'd not see blue flying at Thomond - unless we were there of course!, so should we not be trying to be behind our team colours........

No disrespect to the huge history, symbolism and importance of the province flag, but I guess its the difference between Leinster the Province and Leinster Rugby......

I'll get my coat...........
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

podge09 wrote:As you can see i own such a flag but have not used it since the HEC final in murrayfield, however after this post i think i may reconsider. It is the original leinster flag and i'm not dis-respecting anyone if i bring it, i respect and am thrilled all the olsc do for the province but come on, that is how people get educated by seeing and then looking it up. I love where i'm from and am proud to be a true leinster man who was and will always be behind the men in blue. A flag will not change that, Come on people!!!!

Please keep waving it.
Ignore the hand-wringers who look for reasons to be "offended"
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Good Lord...Reeks of Kiwi preciousness...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

This is just plain silly.

C'mon Ian, you've better things to do with your time than this!
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

IanD wrote:Not sure if the guy with the Green Leinster Harp flag posts here so if know and you know him please pass on my comments.

Cheers Ian

Please, please . what a load of rubbish. Here is an idea, the general populace should go and get an education. And i think that it would only be a handful of people who would not know that this is the provincial flag, maybe they think the EU flag is the national flag of Belgium.

Also

Please continue to bring your green leinster provincial flag , those of us that are not Anal think it adds colour and atmosphere ! More of this please rater than less.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

podge09 wrote:As you can see i own such a flag but have not used it since the HEC final in murrayfield, however after this post i think i may reconsider. It is the original leinster flag and i'm not dis-respecting anyone if i bring it, i respect and am thrilled all the olsc do for the province but come on, that is how people get educated by seeing and then looking it up. I love where i'm from and am proud to be a true leinster man who was and will always be behind the men in blue. A flag will not change that, Come on people!!!!
:clap:
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Well I've been waving blue and yellow flags on the north stand since before the semi last year...and there is no yellow in the leinster logo/jersey/"product" anymore...so should I be dumping my flags too? :roll:
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Cheers Ian

Get
A
Life
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

:clap: You fly your flag boy
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

can the guy who brings the Tipp flag please refrain from doing so? It upsets the water boys.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Smeehank
Graduate

Post by Smeehank »

Cheers Ian
Get a life.
boyneside winger
Learner

Post by boyneside winger »

I'd like to see more of these flags........ :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

I use this presidential flag , but also have a Leinster one had them both with us at the Scarlets game in Wales , ones the Leinster flag so supporters have every right to fly it the others the right colour and also a national symbol , will continue to fly both at games proudly , I respect other peoples opinion but in the long run I'm still going to support the team the way I feel . When I support Ireland I tend to use the four provinces flag, because I think it is much more interesting than the IRFU green one .
Last edited by footrush on April 18th, 2010, 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flying wedge
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

I have just wasted five minutes of my life reading this thread. Congrats on creating the most pointless thread ever on LF. :roll:
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Cheers Ian

Tuck in your blouse, theres a good girl.
3 Gold Stars