Connacht V Leinster 21/04/10 - ***All Posts Here Please***

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Connacht V Leinster 21/04/10 - ***All Posts Here Please*

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

We had a full team according to setanta?

munster#1 - I'd agree with you on that
A proud Winsome Fluter
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

I was just about to say similar alanair.... Toulouse are hardly going to be shaking in their boots.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

alanair wrote:Can I get a refund for my 2010/2011 Season ticket ?....sorry I paid so early.................Pathetic........C'mon Its Connacht for f*** sake...wait till Toulouse take us apart
Steady on old chap.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

3 tries conceded twice against Connacht, and also against Clermont. Not good.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

alanair wrote:Can I get a refund for my 2010/2011 Season ticket ?....sorry I paid so early.................Pathetic........C'mon Its Connacht for f*** sake...wait till Toulouse take us apart
dont be a gobshite!

Well done connacht
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Maybe you'd be doing them a favour by cancelling your ticket, pathetic all right. Your still top of the table FFS and guaranteed a home semi...

A real supporter backs his team when the win and lose, and comes back for more if the lose regularly...:roll:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Well Peg.... If thats the way you want to see Leinster playing ( and its not just tonight....This is a result thats been waiting to happen for weeks now) ....You're welcome to it...We used to be good at the breakdown... but we've decided to cede this area to every opposition we've had of late.....thats not the way we won the H. Cup last year and it'll be the death of us this year..
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

great win for connaght, shame they did not do the business against munster A last weekend they would be seating on a Heineken cup place now
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Well done to Connacht by the way. Completely deserved, were by far the better side.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Danthefan wrote:Well done to Connacht by the way. Completely deserved, were by far the better side.
+1from what I saw.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

well i'd say cheikas kicking leg will be very tired, over the next few days, but don't get ahead of yourselves, it is the magners league, and ye are already nearly garunteed a home semi.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Sea_point wrote:
Maybe you'd be doing them a favour by cancelling your ticket, pathetic all right. Your still top of the table FFS and guaranteed a home semi...

A real supporter backs his team when the win and lose, and comes back for more if the lose regularly...:roll:

Fair play Seapoint, well done tonight :clap: its bad to lose but good to see connacht win,
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Fair play Connacht. Great preformance. Well worth the win. Hope they can keep that form going for the next few games
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

That last round match Ulster v Connacht is going to be a must see event. It would be great for Connacht to get the HC spot. Mind you, they've another very quick turn-around to the Scarlets match and you'd have to worry their fitness is going to start to struggle.

And we have to face our old friends Edinburgh to seal the home semi, barring a miracle from the academy guys on Friday. At least we've a shot to get the points we need at home.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
FatBoyChoice
Graduate

Post by FatBoyChoice »

Poor performance and didn't deserve win but fitzgibbon has set a new low in reffing. Nathan stands offside at ruck a metre in front of sh who pushes ball forward to him. Meanwhile fitzgibbon is 10 metres away on other side of ruck looking back up the field but puts his arm up straight away for try, how could he not go upstairs and check it, fooking disgraceful.
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

Sea_point wrote:

Not yet we're not. One of Munster or Ospreys (considering they have to play each other) + Glasgow can overtake us. I can't see us getting anything from Glasgow as Connacht was obviously the game we were targetting :oops: , so it's down to the last home game as to whether we get top draw or not.

If your lads could play like that every week they'd be in top spot. It must be immensely frustrating for you to know that they can do it irregularly against the other provinces but not consistently against all?
Justtoby
Knowledgeable

Post by Justtoby »

I hope Connacht stuff Toulon and give Ulster a good rattle in a couple of weeks time. Performances like tonight show they're well capable of qualifying for the Heineken Cup off their own bat.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
johng wrote:I'm on to you, laying traps for me all over the place!! :D
Is there any sort of "JohnGcheck" function that can protect my innocence and maybe slow down Johns inevitable development path, to the bushes outside the local school?
As I know neither of you, can I suggest as a totally objective, impartial and neutral bystander, that ye both equip yourselves with the "kick up the arse" function.
(There should really be a smiley for this)
And please remember - "don't shoot the messenger" as I've often been called brave and foolhardy but never both at the same time.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
8M LEINSTAW
Bookworm

Post by 8M LEINSTAW »

Connacht played some great stuff. Muldoon was a beast. Best team won.
Cubs fan, Bud man.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

alanair wrote:Well Peg.... If thats the way you want to see Leinster playing ( and its not just tonight....This is a result thats been waiting to happen for weeks now) ....You're welcome to it...We used to be good at the breakdown... but we've decided to cede this area to every opposition we've had of late.....thats not the way we won the H. Cup last year and it'll be the death of us this year..
you're still been a gobshite,
connacht were good for the win, we are still 7pts clear, good lesson for the young lads.
Glasgae will be interesting.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan