Treviso v Leinster Thread

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: Treviso v Leinster Thread

Post by simplythebest »

[quote="Logorrhea] Good news all round. "They said there had been no deliberate contact with the eye area, no injury sustained and no player reaction." it was clear the contact wasnt delibrate so common sense prevails.[/quote]

Indeed, apart from here. Where people were close to demanding a 12 week layoff and ridiculing ML for their disciplinary record and effectively calling them a disgrace.
So gald it all worked out well for him. And us. :)
LEINSTER pour toujours
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Donald wrote:Great news. It was clear from all of the replays that SOB was grabbing the Treviso player by the scrum cap in order to get a grip of him (curse these modern skin tight jersies) and drag him off of Strauss....
yeah - nice one (don't suppose you were on the panel)
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Donny B. wrote:Phew!!! Sensible decision.
Yeah but this is Magners league so they might suspend the cleared decision for 2 years and force him to the bench in the meantime. :roll:
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Delighted. But we're very lucky here, there is contact with the "eye area".

Jennings got it for, IMHO, less last year.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

simplythebest wrote:
Logorrhea wrote: Good news all round. "They said there had been no deliberate contact with the eye area, no injury sustained and no player reaction." it was clear the contact wasnt delibrate so common sense prevails.
Indeed, apart from here. Where people were close to demanding a 12 week layoff and ridiculing ML for their disciplinary record and effectively calling them a disgrace.
So gald it all worked out well for him. And us. :)
The ML deserves ridicule for their disciplinary record. this time round they got in right in spite of their process, not because of it.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

For the sake of tuppence i believe that SOB is steeped on the basis of past decisions.

The result - an obvious relief.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

JoseFantastique wrote:He's been cleared.
Thank f%~king Christ for that.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Good news.

Move on....
3 Gold Stars
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Very lucky, but good news!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Relief indeed but the whole episode does serve to remind us,and especially with the H Cup beckoning soon,that we are short 'quality' cover in the two vital areas of back row and out-half.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Donald wrote:Actually interesting to see what our backrow will be this week. Personnally I think Jenno has had an average start and maybe a match on the bench would do him good and of course would benefit Ryan or SOB even Ruddock at 7
I agree that Jennings hasn't started well, but Ruddock was very poor against Treviso. That missed tackle for the first try made him look like ROG. He is a fantastic player, and we can expect a great future, but I wouldn't be dropping Jennings for him based on that performance.

Heaslip might be back for this one, so we should see the same back row that we had against Cardiff, which is surely our HEC starting back row this year. They need time to hit form before the 9th of October, so give them all the game time that is possible.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Bump :mrgreen: