A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Edinburgh v Leinster Thread

Post by fourthirtythree »

leinster80 wrote:
cormac wrote: Like Eoin Reddan?
Who captained Wasps during their Guinness Premiership winning season!
And wouldn't make the bench over there now. But you're right, that Eoin Reddan was the last time there was a decent Irish scrum half.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

fourthirtythree wrote:
leinster80 wrote:
cormac wrote: Like Eoin Reddan?
Who captained Wasps during their Guinness Premiership winning season!
And wouldn't make the bench over there now. But you're right, that Eoin Reddan was the last time there was a decent Irish scrum half.
Or perhaps the standard of the league over there isn't that high? I'm struggling to think of many decent English s/h's to be honest.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

cormac wrote:I'm struggling to think of many decent English s/h's to be honest.
I'd trade both of ours for Danny Care.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Bones wrote:
That's not the most exacting of standards though. Still don't think he's a particularly good player. At the moment I feel that even Fourie du Preez would struggle behind our pack at ruck time.
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

cormac wrote:
Bones wrote:
That's not the most exacting of standards though. Still don't think he's a particularly good player. At the moment I feel that even Fourie du Preez would struggle behind our pack at ruck time.
All of our scrum halves in recent times have been far too nice. I'd love an opinionated, niggly, antagonistic little shìt bossing everyone around at number 9, you know a proper traditional scrum half.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

A younger version of Chris Whitaker, for all his faults he was a superb organiser of the pack and defence.
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Post by Proudleinsterman »

Feel for Schmidt. he has been messed around by the IRFU, has not yet been able to play his first 15, has been blighted by the loss of key players (Cullen, Sexton, Wright) and non perfomances of senior pros. The players should be ashamed of their performances,surely Schmidt does not have to show senior pros how to pass and catch properly. And certainly he should not have to tell these guys that they need to play as if they give a damn.

Hopefully Schmidt will get his kicker back next week and the team will decide to start earning their hefty wages.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

limecat wrote:leinsterfans.com Match Report
Not to be cruel, but that's shocking. I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Did the apostrophe get sin-binned?

You'd expect that kind of ungrammatical display from the tuber-snafflers, but frankly we demand better. :x
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
Wicklowlad
Beginner

Post by Wicklowlad »

Sexton will make a massive difference when he's back. I think he would have slotted our last kick if playing last night and we'd have a bonus point at least. Look how many games we won with a late kick last year? Believe

We'll be well up for it nexy week, win or lose, and we need to carry that intensity into the HEC afterwards. If we were to lose our first 2 HEC game sit's all over.
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Bones wrote:All of our scrum halves in recent times have been far too nice. I'd love an opinionated, niggly, antagonistic little shìt bossing everyone around at number 9, you know a proper traditional scrum half.
Presume you have Peter Stringer in mind. I thought his career was over two years ago but every time he comes on for Munster everything seems to speed up and their back line starts to sparkle. I have to admit, I admire the Little Fecker.
LEINSTER pour toujours
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

simplythebest wrote:
Bones wrote:All of our scrum halves in recent times have been far too nice. I'd love an opinionated, niggly, antagonistic little shìt bossing everyone around at number 9, you know a proper traditional scrum half.
Presume you have Peter Stringer in mind. I thought his career was over two years ago but every time he comes on for Munster everything seems to speed up and their back line starts to sparkle. I have to admit I admire the Little Fecker.
Yet when he starts things go horribly wrong. Good for 15 or 20 mins, that's it.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Sincero wrote:
Not to be cruel, but that's shocking. I couldn't get past the first paragraph. Did the apostrophe get sin-binned?

You'd expect that kind of ungrammatical display from the tuber-snafflers, but frankly we demand better. :x
What are you on about? It reads well and the grammar is fine, I can see only a couple of spelling errors, where apostrophes should have been added.

Very decent first effort Stephen, snappy and to the point. :clap:
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Sincero wrote:
Jesus, you're a sensitive soul! There's an open invite to submit match reports – perhaps you should give it a go yourself.
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Donny B. wrote:
Sincero wrote:

What are you on about? It reads well and the grammar is fine, I can see only a couple of spelling errors, where apostrophes should have been added.

Very decent first effort Stephen, snappy and to the point. :clap:
As Donny said, there may be a couple of apostrophes missing, but it's a very decent first effort and he's certainly made more effort than you have to contribute.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

I applaud the effort, especially now as I notice it was a voluntary submission from a member, and I do feel slightly bad for having mentioned it, and am sorry if I caused anyone any embarrassment (I didn’t think the piece had been credited, but now see it was). The writer obviously worked hard. Having looked at it again, I agree it is a decent effort. However, the mistakes make the article instantly dismissible, which is a shame given that the valiant contribution is indeed praiseworthy. Equally, limecat, if you had noticed the errors, as you suggest, then how long would it have taken you to add half a dozen missing apostrophes before releasing the piece? 30 seconds? It seems like it would have been the minimum effort required to show your appreciation after somebody sends you in a piece of free writing for your site. Perhaps my criticism should have been 'nice article, poor editing'?
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Sincero wrote:I applaud the effort, especially now as I notice it was a voluntary submission from a member, and I do feel slightly bad for having mentioned it, and am sorry if I caused anyone any embarrassment (I didn’t think the piece had been credited, but now see it was). The writer obviously worked hard. Having looked at it again, I agree it is a decent effort. However, the mistakes make the article instantly dismissible, which is a shame given that the valiant contribution is indeed praiseworthy. Equally, limecat, if you had noticed the errors, as you suggest, then how long would it have taken you to add half a dozen missing apostrophes before releasing the piece? 30 seconds? It seems like it would have been the minimum effort required to show your appreciation after somebody sends you in a piece of free writing for your site. Perhaps my criticism should have been 'nice article, poor editing'?
I salute you, sir. Rare decency for an internet forum!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Sincero wrote:I applaud the effort, especially now as I notice it was a voluntary submission from a member, and I do feel slightly bad for having mentioned it, and am sorry if I caused anyone any embarrassment (I didn’t think the piece had been credited, but now see it was). The writer obviously worked hard. Having looked at it again, I agree it is a decent effort. However, the mistakes make the article instantly dismissible, which is a shame given that the valiant contribution is indeed praiseworthy. Equally, limecat, if you had noticed the errors, as you suggest, then how long would it have taken you to add half a dozen missing apostrophes before releasing the piece? 30 seconds? It seems like it would have been the minimum effort required to show your appreciation after somebody sends you in a piece of free writing for your site. Perhaps my criticism should have been 'nice article, poor editing'?
Fair enough, the editor is fairly hopeless alright!!!

Too much catnip in the afternoons, I suspect!
:D :wink:
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I have had to sub edit volunteer match reports before and if this turned up on my desk I would have been more than happy with it. A few tweaks here and there, but overall a solid effort.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Dont shoot the messenger :lol:
boyneside winger
Learner

Post by boyneside winger »

Lets all just accept that this team is on the slide....as is Munster. No trophies coming to Ireland this year...ML/HEC/Triple crowns/6 Nations or Slams.

Connacht are improving, with limited resources and Ulster have an outside chance of winning the league this year. Deal with it....and enjoy the nights when we find a good performance and win.

Oh, we're also gonna get a hiding in the AIs in November