Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by Xanthippe »

Finally got a chance to watch this week's slightly x rated episode (hope there weren't too many kids asking their Daddies which eye Dave was referring to!!) and a couple of things came to mind

1. I felt so sorry for all the poor buggers in the grandstand with their scarves and coats on cause I came home with sunburn (see, I knew there had to be an upside to the extra I paid for my season ticket - it saved me having to fork out for sun beds. Great view and a suntan = win win)

and 2) does DB have a doppelgänger or was he just being unfaithful to his fellow terrace dwellers?

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Xanthippe wrote:
and 2) does DB have a doppelgänger or was he just being unfaithful to his fellow terrace dwellers?

Clearly an imitator! :wink:
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at the weekend’s Heineken Cup semi-finals which led to wins for Saracens and defending champions Toulon. We discuss Leinster ‘A’s win over Pontypridd in the British and Irish Cup and look forward to the interprovincial clash between Ulster and Leinster in the new Ravenhill.

Follow the link for audio only version
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Great show again lads, really liked the last debate on the financial power of the French v the stability of the Irish system. Thanks
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bluestalktv wrote:This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at the weekend’s Heineken Cup semi-finals which led to wins for Saracens and defending champions Toulon. We discuss Leinster ‘A’s win over Pontypridd in the British and Irish Cup and look forward to the interprovincial clash between Ulster and Leinster in the new Ravenhill.

Follow the link for audio only version
11:13pm???
Much appreciated!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
msmx5
Learner

Post by msmx5 »

Mickado wrote:
msmx5 wrote:I use Podcast Addict (which I find to be a great app) and have had very few problems using the following url http://bluestalktv.wordpress.com/feed/ as the feed. There were a small number of episodes that didn't want to download a good while ago (possibly around the time the Video was on Dailymotion) but have had no issues recently.

Hope this works for you Mickado
.. That's worked like a charm, can even see all archived episodes. Thanks a million.
Glad it worked for you!

Coincidently, last week's episode didn't download for me, did it work for you? It appears that there was no .mp3 file in the rss feed.
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

msmx5 wrote:
Mickado wrote:
msmx5 wrote:I use Podcast Addict (which I find to be a great app) and have had very few problems using the following url http://bluestalktv.wordpress.com/feed/ as the feed. There were a small number of episodes that didn't want to download a good while ago (possibly around the time the Video was on Dailymotion) but have had no issues recently.

Hope this works for you Mickado
.. That's worked like a charm, can even see all archived episodes. Thanks a million.
Glad it worked for you!

Coincidently, last week's episode didn't download for me, did it work for you? It appears that there was no .mp3 file in the rss feed.
I had the same problem. It appeared in the feed but didn't download. Followed the link in the feed and streamed off soundcloud so it was still very useful to have it in the feed.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at Leinster’s hard fought win over Ulster in Ravenhill and discuss the rest of the weekend’s action. We take a look at the current state of the Pro12 and discuss the surprising relegation of two giants of French rugby, Perpignan and Biarritz

Follow the link for audio only version on Soundcloud
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Have you a download link for the audio so you don't have to keep farting about with it when you are driving? Only takes a few seconds to download it. Massive pain in the swiss if you lose data coverage to have to re start it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:Have you a download link for the audio so you don't have to pull over and fart about in the hard shoulder for too long? Only takes a few seconds to download it. Massive pain in the swiss if you lose data coverage to have to re start it.
Fixed, Garda.....
Daniel Sullivan
msmx5
Learner

Post by msmx5 »

bluestalktv wrote: Follow the link for audio only version on Soundcloud
Hi guys,

Is there any chance you could apply to the soundcloud podcasting beta? If you get approved for that you get an RSS feed of episodes with links to audio only mp3 versions of the podcast which could probably be added to the wordpress posts along with the embedded players (Youtube & Soundcloud).

See "How do I find my RSS Feed?" for more info on what to do and "EmpireMagazine" for an example RSS feed from a soundcloud user.

Might be an easy way to get back to an rss feed that's suitable for offline playing /podcast apps. :clap: without resorting to dropbox.
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

Really enjoyed that episode lads, very good debate.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

Second that lads, class as always.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Meant to post earlier, great debate. I do like the fact that 2 of you fully engage in the idea of debate and are open to the possibility of your being wrong or open to suggestion. It makes for great debate and I suppose that means having the standard format of a crazy unwavering Hook/Dunphy type character is a necessity to developing the conversation. :D

Thanks again
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

In anticipation of this weeks episode, taken from wikipedia:
"MOCball" describes something that is at least partly bad, but has some arguably redeeming features.

In its original context, the term refers to something that is obviously and essentially bad, but is willfully described euphemistically as only partly bad—its supposed good features credited with undue redeeming power.[1]

Its modern usage varies. Some authorities define it as something that is an indeterminate mix of good and bad[2] and others say it implies a preponderance of bad qualities.[3]
Daniel Sullivan
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

This week on Blues Talk we take a look back at Leinster’s win over Edinburgh in a very poor match before rounding up the rest of the news. We then preview Leinster vs Ulster in the Pro12 semi-final in the RDS

Follow the link for audio only version on Soundcloud
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

You should be able to download the audio now
I have Bumbleflex
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Nice job Dave. Little download link in the soundcloud thingumydoofer.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

No show this week lads?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Should be. Poor aul Dave has to do all the work editing. Sometimes his real job gets in the way.

You know. Classic choice. Hmmm, what pays the bills or BT....... Ah feck it. I actually like eating and having a warm place to sleep...