Blues Talk tv

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Phil06
Graduate

Re: Blues Talk tv

Post by Phil06 »

Skinfull wrote:
bluestalktv wrote:Episode two of Blues Talk tv.

This week, a look back at the game against Edinburgh, and a look forward to the clash with Munster at the Aviva Stadium.

If you have any comments or questions, you can either ask through our Wordpress site, PM or via email on "bluestalktv 'at' gmail.com"

http://bluestalktv.wordpress.com/
Really enjoying this but ya reckon (unless I'm missing it) you can release it as mp3 as well as video format?
Would love this on the player on the stroll home from work this evening.
a podcast would be a good idea... doable??
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Excellent points, good discussion lads. You could teach those lemmings in Montrose a thing or two!
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Can I echo the point about being downloadable/a podcast. This is exactly the thing I'd listen to on the way to work.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Fair play, but if you're sticking to the Video format, wouldn't a YouTube channel be easier? I mean, most of the planet use it, so the system will make you more visible and searchable.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Post by jordanracer »

Really enjoyed that lads, keep it going
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

I'm seconding, or thirding or whatever, the podcast idea. But it should still be recorded in a more sound-dead room.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

Bunch of chancers :D

Looking forward to seeing some of you good folk at the w/e.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

I miss profan
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Bosco wrote:I miss profan
Shhh....
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Me too.. this new production is just way too professional and insightful.

Well done btw, enjoyable stuff.
Dont Panic!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

is that tw@t gone?

f%~ker blindsided me and my hungover ass at the connacht game last year and kept talking to me during the match. Didnt make the final cut thank god
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

First couple of episodes were definitely better suited to podcast/audio-only, but maybe there's plans a foot?! Audio needs a bit of work (filter some bass, and better position the mics?), but definitely something I'll watch again (and more easily listen to again, if I could). Good luck!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Tokengerman
Learner

Post by Tokengerman »

tate wrote:
is that tw@t gone?

f%~ker blindsided me and my hungover ass at the connacht game last year and kept talking to me during the match. Didnt make the final cut thank god
That was quite entertaining to be fair! Certainly don't miss him though
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Tokengerman wrote:
tate wrote:
is that tw@t gone?

That was quite entertaining to be fair! Certainly don't miss him though
maybe for you kaiser but i was in no fit state
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

Hi Folks,

From this week on, Blues Talk tv will also be available for download in audio only format in addition to the video blog.

We are aware of the sound issues and are endevering to correct them, but please be patient with us as our budget can only dream of luxuries like shoestrings!

The decision to use Dailymotion over YouTube was based upon the fact that YouTube videos are limited to 15 mins in length, whereas we are aiming to be closer to the 20 minute mark. A Dailymotion player application is available for free for "I-devices" and Android phones also.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it.
bluestalktv
Knowledgeable

Post by bluestalktv »

Blues Talk tv episode 3 is available now in both video and audio format. This week we take a look back at Leinsters victory over Munster in the Aviva Stadium and the incidents from the match. We also take a look forward to the first game of our HEC campaign against Racing Metro.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Good work lads. very enjoyable
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Yeah have to say it's great to have a fans "talkshow" on all things Leinster.

As with most fans, I can't get enough of discussion and insights into Leinster, and it's good to hear a well versed and balanced panel discuss the issues.

I think the anchor is very good at leading the points and DC is very good at going into the details. Nice team, could use a third though perhaps, and opposing view points. I wouldn't say to do a pantomine act such as Hook & Pope, but varying viewpoints is always a good thing.

Production quality and editing is good, especially considering it's an amature production at present, but certainly the audio is distant and echoy, but still very clear and enjoyable to listen too.

Great innovation lads and I'll be sure to keep watching. Channel bookmarked and have watched all 3 in full to date. :)

Perhaps you could look to make the show interactive also? Such as have one or two questions posed from watchers to the panel? Either via the thread or by emailing in? Either about Leinster squad / starting team issues, or coaching issues, or the Irish / international game as a whole..

Example Question: Does the panel feel that this could be the final season for Brian O'Driscoll in the blue of Leinster, and also, in the medium to long term, where do they see Leinster & Ireland finding a replacement for O'Driscoll? Is McFadden the answer or are any of the young players, such as Macken or Fitzgerald the right men to fill the boots?

I think the step to bring in video analysis is excellent, and more in depth match analysis would be excellent also.

Just my 2 cents...
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Ohhh, a phone in, or competitions perhaps?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

...and I haven't even seen any shoestrings, so you haven't been spending your money on those!

Well done lads, enjoyable as ever. I'm even learning stuff.
Get in the f%~king bag.