Connacht v Leinster thread - TEAM PAGE 3

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Connacht v Leinster thread - TEAM PAGE 3

Post by Donny B. »

So back to basics this weekend and a big game for getting our ML campaign back on track.

Have to wonder what kind of team we'll have available though. Hope it's not too depleted though as I for one am bloody sick of losing down in the Sportsground. Hopefully it'll be lashing rain and freezing cold as we've lost the last two times down there in the lovely sunshine! :wink:
Last edited by Donny B. on October 22nd, 2010, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Connacht v Leinster thread

Post by Dexter »

Donny B. wrote:So back to basics this weekend and a big game for getting our ML campaign back on track.

Have to wonder what kind of team we'll have available though. Hope it's not too depleted though as I for one am bloody sick of losing down in the Sportsground. Hopefully it'll be lashing rain and freezing cold as we've lost the last two times down there in the lovely sunshine! :wink:
We plan on going so hopefully not TOO freezing cold or lashing rain... :|
Dont Panic!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Posted this elsewhere, so may as well repeat here.

Sexton and Cullen will definitely play, as they need the time. I'll guess at:

Hank, Strauss (would like to see JHW), Ross, Cullen, Toner, Ruddock, Ryan, Keogh, Boss, Sexton, Isa or D. Kearney, McFadden, O'Malley, Horgan or Conway, Madigan.

Must say, I'm looking forward to this game. Amazing and all as HEC games are, and much as Munster / Leinster games are awesome clashes, I find the lot of them a bit nerve wracking at times. That Sarries game nearly gave me an ulcer in the last 10 minutes. A nice, calm away Magners game where the result isn't the end of the world is just what I need right now.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

CiaranIrl wrote: A nice, calm away Magners game where the result isn't the end of the world is just what I need right now.
We are fast running out of wiggle room in the Magners, we can't be writing off games just like that. 2 hard ones coming up away in Wales, the first one to the Ospreys on the same weekend as Ireland v Argintina, when Wales have no game.
Aussiedub
Mullet

Post by Aussiedub »

HVDM, Wright, Shawe, Cullen, Toner, Ryan, Ruddock, Jennings, Boss, Sexton, Nacewa, McFadden, Luke, Horgan, Kearney - Healy, Strauss, Prescott, Hogan, Keogh, POD, O'Malley, Conway
After showing Munster how to win a HC final in the first attempt we will now demonstrate how to retain the HC in the following season :-)
porterbelly
Bookworm

Post by porterbelly »

Calm in the Sportsground? If you want calm you're going to the wrong place. As a Connacht fan, we'll be right up for this one. Our momentum is back after beating Bayonne on Friday night even though we played poorly. We need to win this badly as well to maintain our decent start to the Magners, particularly after getting nothing in Cardiff. I'd imagine we'll be full strength bar our new no8 Ezra Taylor who's still out injured. John Muldoon our captain and talisman played 60 minutes in Italy and 80 on Friday after coming back from a broken arm so he'll be raring to go. Roll on Saturday
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Aussiedub wrote:HVDM, Wright, Shawe, Cullen, Toner, Ryan, Ruddock, Jennings, Boss, Sexton, Nacewa, McFadden, Luke, Horgan, Kearney - Healy, Strauss, Prescott, Hogan, Keogh, POD, O'Malley, Conway
You can bet your bottom dollar Luke won't be playing anyway. :( Even if he wasn't injured he'd be due a rest. O'Malley & McFadden will be the centres I guess. Are you saying Ruddock or Jenno at eight? Interesting idea but can't see either happening. Will probably be Keogh, with Dom Ryan at six and Jenno at seven. In the front row I think Strauss will start again. He'll have three weeks off pretty soon, so no need to rest him. Think Ross will start too. Rest of the team I'd concur with.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

porterbelly wrote:Calm in the Sportsground? If you want calm you're going to the wrong place. As a Connacht fan, we'll be right up for this
I just mean calm compared to my own nerves at the end of that HEC match my good man. It'll be a tough game.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

johng wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote: A nice, calm away Magners game where the result isn't the end of the world is just what I need right now.
We are fast running out of wiggle room in the Magners, we can't be writing off games just like that. 2 hard ones coming up away in Wales, the first one to the Ospreys on the same weekend as Ireland v Argintina, when Wales have no game.
True that. They are above us in the league too and we have a bit of a score to settle to boot. Still unlikely to get as nervous as I did during that last 10 minutes of the Sarries match.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Will be my first Sportsground trip since Mark McHugh decided it would be more appropriate to have behave like Macklin, Lee or Duddy than a professional rugby player. I hate when players get over eager against their former employees and behave like knackers. But we won that day. A late Hickie try.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

What's the story with Conway this weather?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scored 2 tries in Newport yesterday!
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

johng wrote:Scored 2 tries in Newport yesterday!
Thought I saw from a match report that he was at outside centre. Was that the case?
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

FourMasters wrote:
johng wrote:Scored 2 tries in Newport yesterday!
Thought I saw from a match report that he was at outside centre. Was that the case?
right wing.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

You'd imagine guys like conway, POD, EOM will come into contention. Would be happy with:

15. Isa
14. Horgan/Conway
13. O'Malley
12. McFadden
11. D. Kearney
10. Sexton
9. POD

8. Keogh
7. Ryan
6. SOB/ R. Ruddock
5. Cullen
4. Toner
3. Shawe
2. Harris-Wright
1. VDM

16. Strauss
17. Ross
18. McGrath
19. C. Ruddock/Hogan
20. Jenno
21. Boss
22. Macken
23. Conway/Keating/Morris
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
gowest
Bookworm

Post by gowest »

im going to say that im expecting a connacht win. leinster are after a tough 2 weeks. and connacht have had leisnter number the last few season, connacht by 7. fionn is due a try.

wilko
croinin
hagen
swift
upton
ofisa
joc
muldoon
murphy
keatley
fionn
mattews
niva
troy
duffy.

that team should win the game, and if our backrow play like last week. leinster in for a tough night at the breakdwon, ofisa form has him the best 7 in the country.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

I know there are tickets available on TM, but can you buy them at the gate?
The French are predictably unpredictable
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

If Bod is fit then he should play imo.
QBer
Knowledgeable

Post by QBer »

Leinster Squad Update...

The Leinster squad stepped up their preparations on Tuesday morning ahead of Saturday's Magners League clash against Connacht in the Sportsground, Galway (KO: 6.05pm)...
3Share
Luke Fitzgerald sustained a knock during Leinster's 25-23 victory over Saracens in Wembley on Saturday but an x-ray on Monday afternoon has revealed that he suffered bruising and it is expected that he should be fit to resume training on Thursday.

Brian O'Driscoll is progressing well from the hamstring strain he suffered against Racing-Métro 92 and at this stage he has not been ruled out of Saturday's interprovincial derby, which will be Leinster's fourth away Magners League encounter out of six.

Leo Cullen successfully came through his first appearance in six months as a second half replacement in London last weekend and is available for selection. Jonathan Sexton, who scored all 25 points for the province against Saracens, also came through the weekend unscathed after his recent quad injury.

Ed O'Donoghue (knee) is making good progress in his rehabilitation but is unlikely to be available this weekend.

The team is expected to be announced on Friday lunchtime.
akared
Knowledgeable

Post by akared »

johng wrote:
Wales are playing the All Blacks the day before!