New Home at the RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Who the hell are the soccer tenants going to be? :shock:

Shamrock Rovers? :evil:

Although, maybe Bohs and/or Shelbourne may decide to move there - especially seeing that they're selling their own pitches.... :?
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:Still struggling with this from an economic viewpoint. We sold out our European cup games and had the unexpected bonus of the Turnipstan game and still only squeezed to break even....sure we can negotiate a better deal, but how much better will it be? Think what this does is fine within the current business model, but we will always be dependent on IRFU funding going forward. With the expansion of the Turnip Patch, an independent Munster at some point maybe financially viable.
Flash I think the temp lights and seats inflated the cost alot. The RDS are now putting permanent stands and lights in place which brings Leinsters costs way down. Add a commitment from Leinster to X amount of games over X amount of years and I would say a seriously reduced rent too
Ground share deals are a norm rather than an exception, Mr Dawson is a very good opperator as a CEO. Also the RDS got Money from lotto/government on the basis that the ground would be a regonal sports facility, so again this would effect the rent.
Dont forget when we use lansdowne we are charged, or more precisly the irfu take all the money and give leinster a share, but the irfu get the money first. At the end of the day most of leinster money goes direct to the IRFU and then comes back, what comes back is more .
When games are in Donnybrook Leinster get the money, the same Rds

Munster do not own Thomond or Musgrave the Irfu do.

The RDS is going to have 9.5 k seated the rest standing , say thats 25 euro for a seat , that equals over 273k the seated capacity at Donnybrook in money equals 75k. over 5 games (i'd expect more) 3 euro , 2 big celtic games thats 1million extra revenue. Do you think that 1m is the rent for a season ?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

BlueBlue wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
epaddy wrote: Flash I think the temp lights and seats inflated the cost alot. The RDS are now putting permanent stands and lights in place which brings Leinsters costs way down. Add a commitment from Leinster to X amount of games over X amount of years and I would say a seriously reduced rent too
Ground share deals are a norm rather than an exception, Mr Dawson is a very good opperator as a CEO. Also the RDS got Money from lotto/government on the basis that the ground would be a regonal sports facility, so again this would effect the rent.
Dont forget when we use lansdowne we are charged, or more precisly the irfu take all the money and give leinster a share, but the irfu get the money first. At the end of the day most of leinster money goes direct to the IRFU and then comes back, what comes back is more .

The RDS is going to have 9.5 k seated the rest standing , say thats 25 euro for a seat , that equals over 273k the seated capacity at Donnybrook in money equals 75k. over 5 games (i'd expect more) 3 euro , 2 big celtic games thats 1million extra revenue. Do you think that 1m is the rent for a season ?
Yeah, but you have to pay tax on that......we paid 300K for the European cup games.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Leinsterman wrote:Although, maybe Bohs and/or Shelbourne may decide to move there - especially seeing that they're selling their own pitches.... :?
Bohs have already 99% agreed to move to Castleknock. They won't move Southside.
the_git
Graduate

Post by the_git »

Leinsterman wrote:Who the hell are the soccer tenants going to be? :shock:

Although, maybe Bohs and/or Shelbourne may decide to move there - especially seeing that they're selling their own pitches.... :?
hmmm, Rovers should be finally sorted in D24 and Bohs are off to Blanch.
Perhaps shels will move back to their D4 roots? They were originally set up in Ringsend.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

who cares about the poofball crowd :wink:

Seriously though, they need to do something with that middle bit in the front of the stand (at the RDS). . . from the standing area assigned to the Supporters Club it can be very hard to see down the other end of the paddock (especially for some of the the ladies or shorter blokes amongst us) :(
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

the_git wrote:

hmmm, Rovers should be finally sorted in D24 and Bohs are off to Blanch.
Perhaps shels will move back to their D4 roots? They were originally set up in Ringsend.
Shels are planning to flog Tolka Park (for development) and set up shop in Swords... That's been in the rumour mill for the past year...
T - 45
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Shels are planning to flog Tolka Park (for development) and set up shop in Swords... That's been in the rumour mill for the past year...
thought the rumour, as one of the lads pointed out above, was that they would ground-share with Bohs in Blanch....

WRT Shamrock Rovers - I wouldn't be surprised if that scum jumped ship from Tallaght and moved back to the RDS - near to their cesspit, oops - I mean, their original home of Milltown.

'Shagger - you say "who cares about the poofball crowd" - I bloody care if we have a lovely playing surface that then gets used for a further 20 games a season - particularly during the summer months when we need the pitch to recover after a full rugby season during the winter.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
thought the rumour, as one of the lads pointed out above, was that they would ground-share with Bohs in Blanch....

WRT Shamrock Rovers - I wouldn't be surprised if that scum jumped ship from Tallaght and moved back to the RDS - near to their cesspit, oops - I mean, their original home of Milltown.

'Shagger - you say "who cares about the poofball crowd" - I bloody care if we have a lovely playing surface that then gets used for a further 20 games a season - particularly during the summer months when we need the pitch to recover after a full rugby season during the winter.
Eh have you seen the gaffs on Rovers old ground?
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Colm - Bohs have certainly NOT all but moved to Castleknock, it was purely a kite flying exercise by a developer who owns lands which are in 'the Liffey Valley conservation area' and there fore cant be built on for residential purposes. He wanted to do a land swap with Bohs for Dalymount Park to off load his pretty much worthless land (from his point of view).

The proposal submitted allowed for less than 300 car-parking places, which is totally inadequate and as there is no public transport to the proposed stadium site. The objections to this proposal will all but mean it’s a dead duck. One alternative has been proposed however - and that is a three-way land swap between Fingal County Council, the Property developer and Bohemians.

Where by land is given in Abbotstown to the property developer to build Bohemians their stadium, Fingal CC takes the land, which the developer owns in the Liffey Valley and Bohs give up Dalymount Park and the developer builds apartments on it. But this has not been agreed, and has only been mooted at County Council meetings.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

epaddy wrote: Eh have you seen the gaffs on Rovers old ground?
Well Duh! :roll: Of course I have.

I even remember the KRAM protests very clearly.
However, Milltown was still a shitehole when Rovers were there..... that's what I was referring to.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Leinsterman wrote:

However, Milltown was still a shitehole when Rovers were there..... that's what I was referring to.
Right. To young to remeber such things
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Mauler wrote:
The proposal submitted allowed for less than 300 car-parking places, which is totally inadequate and as there is no public transport to the proposed stadium site.

Yeah but seriously, how many Bohs fans actually own cars? :wink:
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Flash Gordon wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Ground share deals are a norm rather than an exception, Mr Dawson is a very good opperator as a CEO. Also the RDS got Money from lotto/government on the basis that the ground would be a regonal sports facility, so again this would effect the rent.

Yeah, but you have to pay tax on that......we paid 300K for the European cup games.
Good point flash the future is small, we should fined the smallest ground possible and play all our games there, that will flash the tax bill. :lol:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Leinsterman wrote:

How can you say that, it is only 10 minutes walk from Donnybrook? Anyway, area improved dramatically when Rovers moved out.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
How can you say that, it is only 10 minutes walk from Donnybrook? Anyway, area improved dramatically when Rovers moved out.
That's what I was referring to. :evil:

Christ, can people not read?
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Leinsterman wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:
That's what I was referring to. :evil:

Christ, can people not read?
They can. Unfortunately others have difficulty fully expressing themselves when writing. Your original comment was in relation to moving back "near to their cesspit".
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Apologies Grumpy - the cesspit I was referring to was their actual ground.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Leinsterman wrote:Apologies Grumpy - the cesspit I was referring to was their actual ground.
We have our own BMW dealership as well 8)
A proud Winsome Fluter
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Apologies Grumpy - the cesspit I was referring to was their actual ground.
We have our own BMW dealership as well 8)
Where the feck is that? :shock:

I must be suffering from amnesia!!

Can it rival Maxwell Motors?