Ireland flag for Sarries match

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sid
Mullet

Ireland flag for Sarries match

Post by sid »

So it would appear that I'm going to be on the terrace on Saturday, and I'm considering bringing my Ireland flag with me. Partly I'd like to stand out a bit, but also I just want something to wave and I haven't invested in a Leinster one yet (still hoping to pick one up for free at a game sometime :)). Is this a good idea, or will half the people around me be thinking "look at that focking eejit with an Ireland flag"?

Also, for the terrace dwellers here, does a terrace ticket let you stand in either section, and if so which would you recommend?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Ireland flag for Sarries match

Post by ruck »

Watch out for some of them terrace lads. Some of them are awful hooligans altogether. Particularly that ruffian Donny B.
Oh, and feck what anyone else thinks, wear and wave whatever you want. You'd paid your cash to attend, it's up to you how you participate and enjoy the event.
I am the one who knocks!
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

sid wrote:So it would appear that I'm going to be on the terrace on Saturday, and I'm considering bringing my Ireland flag with me. Partly I'd like to stand out a bit, but also I just want something to wave and I haven't invested in a Leinster one yet (still hoping to pick one up for free at a game sometime :)). Is this a good idea, or will half the people around me be thinking "look at that focking eejit with an Ireland flag"?

Also, for the terrace dwellers here, does a terrace ticket let you stand in either section, and if so which would you recommend?

Should be plenty of Blue leinster flags on the day for a H-Cup game

Arrive early, dont wear red
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

ruck wrote:Watch out for some of them terrace lads. Some of them are awful hooligans altogether. Particularly that ruffian Donny B.
Oh, and feck what anyone else thinks, wear and wave whatever you want. You'd paid your cash to attend, it's up to you how you participate and enjoy the event.
(just not a red poncho)
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

The OLSC normally hand out flags at the entry points, maybe use one of those - the more blue the better!
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

slum wrote:
ruck wrote:Watch out for some of them terrace lads. Some of them are awful hooligans altogether. Particularly that ruffian Donny B.
(just not a red poncho)
I have a red MRSC poncho he can borrow.
I am the one who knocks!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

First of all, get to the game early and you'll easily get a Leinster flag for free. Secondly, if you were wearing an Ireland jersey at the same time I'd think you were a plonker, however if youre wearing a Leinster jersey I'd probably let you away with it. Finally, why would you care what anyone else thought :)
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

etiquette
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Not enough outrage being shown at the prospect of an Ireland flag being waved at the game

*rabble rabble rabble*
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Surely you're aware of what us jackeen/West Brit types think of the tricolour? :wink:
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

West Brit wrote:Surely you're aware of what us jackeen/West Brit types think of the tricolour? :wink:
*IRFU flag, not tricolour. :mrgreen:
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
podge09
Bookworm

Post by podge09 »

Ireland flag ok, munster one bit too far ha ha
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

sid wrote:still hoping to pick one up for free at a game sometime
I don't know about this particular game, but usually there are plenty of Leinster flags being given out on HC match day by the OLSC if you arrive early enough.[/quote]
sid wrote:Also, for the terrace dwellers here, does a terrace ticket let you stand in either section, and if so which would you recommend?
It does. On occasion the smaller South Terrace can be closed off when it gets too full, but the one ticket does both terraces. South Terrace is smaller (and, therefore, less likely to see the full pitch), but is warmer and quicker to get to the bar, jacks and Eddie Rockets van. YMMV.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just cause you Munster hardmen are too scaredy cat to come to the RDS anymore!!!! :lol: :wink:

On the flag issue, Sid, bring it if makes you happy!
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

sid wrote:So it would appear that I'm going to be on the terrace on Saturday, and I'm considering bringing my Ireland flag with me. Partly I'd like to stand out a bit, but also I just want something to wave and I haven't invested in a Leinster one yet (still hoping to pick one up for free at a game sometime :)). Is this a good idea, or will half the people around me be thinking "look at that focking eejit with an Ireland flag"?

Would you bring a Leinster flag to an Ireland game?Small terrace great atmosphere but views not as good
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Leoslovechild wrote:Would you bring a Leinster flag to an Ireland game?
Sure isn't Ireland just Leinster wearing green these days anyway
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

gfo wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:Would you bring a Leinster flag to an Ireland game?
Sure isn't Ireland just Leinster wearing green these days anyway
Brillant.

Wait till munster # 1 and the Janeymac fella get hold of that comment. Should be good. :D
LEINSTER pour toujours
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

Go for it I say, the odd tricolour at European games and games in the ML against the Scots, Welsh and Eyeties is also good, IMO. :)
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

sheepshagger wrote:The OLSC normally hand out flags at the entry points, maybe use one of those - the more blue the better!

d fock they do! They lob them from the back of the Terrace down to the front like missiles resulting in grown men acting like 14yr old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert. :lol:

Sid u fly your flag fella. It's blue right?

Re terrace - my suggestion would be South. I have spent full games on both & even a half in each & always much better atmosphere in south imo. Prob cause it's smaller & more covered by roof but makes for a crackin atmosphere esp on HEC days.
Enjoy
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Scott wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:The OLSC normally hand out flags at the entry points, maybe use one of those - the more blue the better!

d fock they do! They lob them from the back of the Terrace down to the front like missiles resulting in grown men acting like 14yr old girls at a Jonas Brothers concert. :lol:

Sid u fly your flag fella. It's blue right?

Re terrace - my suggestion would be South. I have spent full games on both & even a half in each & always much better atmosphere in south imo. Prob cause it's smaller & more covered by roof but makes for a crackin atmosphere esp on HEC days.
Enjoy
Wash yer mouth out Boy!!!

North terrace is where it's at!! 8)