RDS v AVIVA

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Re: RDS v AVIVA

Post by mikey »

ror wrote:We may well be contractually obliged to play the game in the RDS. We may have undertaken to play QTRS in RDS in our lease and therefore may have to buy that element out from the RDS to accomodate a move!!

I cant see the branch handing over that kind of concession to the RDS TBH - if its cheaper to hold it at Lansdowne then there is no way they would get tied into a contract that impacted on that pay day
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ror wrote:We may well be contractually obliged to play the game in the RDS.
We aren't. 12 games a season is it.
I have Bumbleflex
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Dave Cahill wrote:
ror wrote:We may well be contractually obliged to play the game in the RDS.
We aren't. 12 games a season is it.

I love being right!!
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

ror wrote:We may well be contractually obliged to play the game in the RDS. We may have undertaken to play QTRS in RDS in our lease and therefore may have to buy that element out from the RDS to accomodate a move!!
We don't. We haven't.

EDIT. Dave beat me to it.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

The season ticket holders should be given the most central 13,000 tickets on each side of the ground. Leave the daytrippers in the goal ends and row 98. Then of course all the corporates will be in the premium section and boxes. It would generate a much better atmosphere that way. At the last few games i noticed how the STH's were in pockets all over the stadium and each was trying to getting different songs going and the whole place never seemed to be actually singing in unison. Each pocket of true fans was surrounded by twice as many silent tourists. It fecks up the atmosphere.
The Bird is the Word
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

Ultra Vires wrote:The season ticket holders should be given the most central 13,000 tickets on each side of the ground. Leave the daytrippers in the goal ends and row 98. Then of course all the corporates will be in the premium section and boxes. It would generate a much better atmosphere that way. At the last few games i noticed how the STH's were in pockets all over the stadium and each was trying to getting different songs going and the whole place never seemed to be actually singing in unison. Each pocket of true fans was surrounded by twice as many silent tourists. It fecks up the atmosphere.
You have only 57 posts... your not a true fan, just a silent tourist.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
No23
Bookworm

Post by No23 »

It has to be the RDS so that only the 'real fans' can attend the game...
tready

Post by tready »

Firstly, congrats on the home draw, from a Tiger, as far as most of us go, we're hoping to visit the Aviva, for the occasion, and the chance to see the new home of irish rugby. As far as the result goes, may the best team on the day win.

Although

"The bottom line is that the aviva means more leinster fans will attend the game, while obviously more tigers will attend too but remember they are a bit tight with their money - there was feck all of them in edinburgh after having to fork out for their final in twickers, so with airprices rocketing I think that fewer may travel than we expect (albeit Dublin is a great place for the weekenders!! )"

Far from being tightarses, we couldn't get tickets or accomodation, Munster fans sold nearly all their tickets to you guys and passed on their hotels etc, or they supported you for the day. We were down due to a 10000 ticket allocation and only season ticket holders being able to get those and no non sth's being able to purchase the tickets. lots bought on fleabay but ended up in small pockets round the ground, it was still a great occasion though, and even though we couldn't win, there was still the consolation of Leo and Shane getting winners medals.

Still it'll be a great day, and heres hoping it'll be like our last QF vs you, and not our last game vs you!
:D
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

leinster80 wrote:
Ultra Vires wrote:The season ticket holders should be given the most central 13,000 tickets on each side of the ground. Leave the daytrippers in the goal ends and row 98. Then of course all the corporates will be in the premium section and boxes. It would generate a much better atmosphere that way. At the last few games i noticed how the STH's were in pockets all over the stadium and each was trying to getting different songs going and the whole place never seemed to be actually singing in unison. Each pocket of true fans was surrounded by twice as many silent tourists. It fecks up the atmosphere.
Ha ha. Au contraire. My long working hours and 2 young kids mean that finding the time to post comments is a luxury I rarely get. However I am always at every home match no matter how lowly the opposition, and I try to get to the odd away match, though again this is dificult for the reasons alluded to above.

Applying your highly scientific method of analysing true fans, you are exactly 9.52 times the Leinster fan that I am. However, Dave Cahill is 22.76 times the fan that you are.
The Bird is the Word
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

No23 wrote:It has to be the RDS so that only the 'real fans' can attend the game...
If you're a season ticket holder you are NOT a real fan. You have to have been at The Stoop! F.A.C.T.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

RoboProp wrote:
No23 wrote:It has to be the RDS so that only the 'real fans' can attend the game...
If you're a season ticket holder you are NOT a real fan. You have to have been at The Stoop! F.A.C.T.
Where's my f%~kin' jacket???? :evil:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Peg Leg wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
Where's my f%~kin' jacket???? :evil:
I was codding god sir, I wasn't at the Stoop myself.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

It should be at the RDS because the RDS is our home ground. The semi-final can be in the Aviva!
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

God Ultra virus I like your thinking but am thinking North stand ST like myself will still be put behind the goal rather than in the East abnd West. Branch can make more money that way.

You are not a true fan unless you were at the loss in Castres!

Did I mention I was there. :)
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
johnmcg
Bookworm

Post by johnmcg »

Now that we would have a home semi I don't think the question of where the qf will be played is as clear cut as it was. Irfu will be looking at the cumulative take home from two games and it could be argued that the rds would give us a better chance of getting to the semi - for one it means less away fans.

Does anyone know what the situation would be if ulster and Leinster get to the semis? Can lansdowne be turned around in 24 hours or would one semi have to go to thomond?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I can't imagine this is even being discussed anywhere else. It won't have popped into the heads of the branch to have it in the RDS.

Anyway, the pitch is closer to the stands in Lansdowne so I'd say the atmosphere on the pitch is much better / more intimidating. I hope that Leicester bring a load of fans over. It will be great. And even if we lose the noise will be fabulous.

Hope Stan is back and we are no more than decimated by the 6N - the AIs cost us Luke, Rob, Bod, and Jamie... this time round Ross, Leo, Seán and possibly McF and Shaggy will be playing too. We could end up with a shadow squad. By the time we finished the season last year there were a lot of wrecked bodies out there and we were nowhere near our best.
D2 Blue
Bookworm

Post by D2 Blue »

Good point UV.

As a north-stander STH I've been to Lansdowne Road (not the insurance company endorsed allotment!) for each of the Leinster games and ended up on the south stand lower. Not bad seats but it'd be nice to see the game from left to right for a change instead of disappearing into the distance. I've a pain in me wotsits watching most of our second half scores through the mists at the RDS.

I think the 13k should be given the good east and west stand seats (at normal rates of course!) instead of the daytrippers but it probably won't happen. But whatever the branch do they need to turn Lansdowne road into a bearpit.
Gwan Leinster!! Gwan Seapoint Dragons!!
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Post by underpantsdance »

Am I right in thinking that the QF is not part of the season ticket? If so there won't be a specific allocation for ST holders other than to purchase tickets before they go on general sale.
They may offer the opportunity to purchase the same seats as allocated for previous games but I'd have thought that it will be handled in the same manner as the purchase of additional tickets to those other games in Landsdowne. ie. pick a stand and price level.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Aviva it is so. I just hope they let us bring our beers to our seats this time!!! Its so hit and miss! Been there 5 times now and only twice was it permitted.
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

Ultra Vires wrote:
leinster80 wrote:
Ha ha. Au contraire. My long working hours and 2 young kids mean that finding the time to post comments is a luxury I rarely get. However I am always at every home match no matter how lowly the opposition, and I try to get to the odd away match, though again this is dificult for the reasons alluded to above.
A true fan would quit his job and sell the kids to Madonna.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!