Fever in the Aviva Part III

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Fever in the Aviva Part III

Post by cormac »

Logorrhea wrote:
johng wrote:I believe up to row J are considered "Restricted view". I reckon that's why they were cheaper.
I probably sound daft but how are tickets so close to the pitch considered restricted view?
Well the seats in the front row are below pitch level and from experience of the Samoa game, you'll find your view blocked by cameramen, subs and various team officials from anywhere up to Row H.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:
Donny B. wrote:506 Block A. Worth the extra cash to have no-one in front of me to get in my way!
Just don't fall over the edge while turning round to punch people telling you to sit down.
That never happens, for some reason..... :D
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Was hoping for 6 of the €50 tickets but could only get €40 ones.

Now I wait for it to sell out and put them on ebay.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

footrush wrote:Have the clubs also got an allocation , got an e mail from my AIL club saying they had some ?.
Clubs got them last week. E-mails went around.

Allowing 8 purchases was a bit much, given that they effectively restricted the previous sale to upgrades. Anyone hanging on to get a few extras together was bound to be disappointed.

The individual upgrades probably fecked up those looking for eight in a row, coz they were interspersed throughout the east and west stands.

That's the A(hibernia/india)viva for you.

Then again, there could be more sinister explanation :shock:
T - 45
RavenhillRaider
Knowledgeable

Post by RavenhillRaider »

Just got my tickets there, going to be class! Only prob is we have to wait til april. Least we have the 6 nations to distract us :wink:
BOD is GOD!
podge09
Bookworm

Post by podge09 »

Allocated tickets messed up again, we were nowhere near each other AGAIN! Let them go and got 8 together in Lower west Block 122 and got another 5 in a row in block 123 Lower West Row E. Hope these are ok!!!
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Danthefan wrote:Was hoping for 6 of the €50 tickets but could only get €40 ones.
same here but got some decent €40 euro ones luckily section 126
Rob K
Knowledgeable

Post by Rob K »

Logorrhea wrote:
johng wrote:I believe up to row J are considered "Restricted view". I reckon that's why they were cheaper.
I probably sound daft but how are tickets so close to the pitch considered restricted view?
8 of us sat in Block 105 (half way line) row J for the Munster (5 in a row match) and the Clermont game and have to say the seats were cr@p. The rake on the seats is not steep enough so you are looking across the pitch at the players shoulder height and as a result its very hard to see what is going on on the entire opposite side of the pitch and in all four corners. As a result we asked LR to move us back at least 10 rows for the quarter final, which in all fairness to Sinead in LR, she did. :clap:

Hope the new seats are better.

Have to say p1ss poor design by the architect for an already far to small stadium. I've been to 3 matches in Lansdowne Road now and have to say that I think they have made a BALLS of it. Croke Park, built 10 years ago, IMO is a far superior stadium.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Rob K wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
8 of us sat in Block 105 (half way line) row J for the Munster (5 in a row match) and the Clermont game and have to say the seats were cr@p. The rake on the seats is not steep enough so you are looking across the pitch at the players shoulder height and as a result its very hard to see what is going on on the entire opposite side of the pitch and in all four corners. As a result we asked LR to move us back at least 10 rows for the quarter final, which in all fairness to Sinead in LR, she did. :clap:

Have to say p1ss poor design by the architect for an already far to small stadium. I've been to 3 matches in Lansdowne Road now and have to say that I think they have made a BALLS of it. Croke Park, built 10 years ago, IMO is a far superior stadium.
Agree on making a balls of the stadium. Disagree on Croker (For Rugby)
I was in Row G for Munster and Row L for Clermont.
Row L was perfect. Row G was fine, I reckon it is only the first 4 that are really bad, and they get better up to J.
J would be 2 in front of L so I think "cr@p" would be an exaggeration.
Rake on the lower tiers is not great. Upper ones are very steep though, which is good because it puts the back rows much closer to the pitch, and puts your knees at the guy in front's head. As opposed to Croker where the back of the upper stand (Davin in particular) is in a different postcode to the pitch.
Rob K
Knowledgeable

Post by Rob K »

[/quote]8 of us sat in Block 105 (half way line) row J for the Munster (5 in a row match) and the Clermont game and have to say the seats were cr@p. The rake on the seats is not steep enough so you are looking across the pitch at the players shoulder height and as a result its very hard to see what is going on on the entire opposite side of the pitch and in all four corners. As a result we asked LR to move us back at least 10 rows for the quarter final, which in all fairness to Sinead in LR, she did. :clap:

Have to say p1ss poor design by the architect for an already far to small stadium. I've been to 3 matches in Lansdowne Road now and have to say that I think they have made a BALLS of it. Croke Park, built 10 years ago, IMO is a far superior stadium.[/quote]
Agree on making a balls of the stadium. Disagree on Croker (For Rugby)
I was in Row G for Munster and Row L for Clermont.
Row L was perfect. Row G was fine, I reckon it is only the first 4 that are really bad, and they get better up to J.
J would be 2 in front of L so I think "cr@p" would be an exaggeration.
Rake on the lower tiers is not great. Upper ones are very steep though, which is good because it puts the back rows much closer to the pitch, and puts your knees at the guy in front's head. As opposed to Croker where the back of the upper stand (Davin in particular) is in a different postcode to the pitch.[/quote]

Hey John,

In relation to Croker, access and egress to the Stadium and seats is a million times easier than at Lansdowne and in general was a much nicer experience to date to go and watch a rugby match IMO.

With regard to row J, we were sitting there and if you are paying for Premium seats, as we were, they were cr@p, and as you were not sitting there how would you know if it was an 'exaggeration'. Spoke to the lads sitting behind us (row K) as well and they were unhappy with the view from their seats. How can seats on the half way line have such a restricted view of the pitch. Really?? come on. Pity the fans that have forked out €100 to the IRFU for the 6 Nations, cause I wouldn't want to sit there again. Not even for €40 !!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I will be in Row H. for 40 bills. Despite having row L tickets (for less due to 25% off) also. (I get to sit with more people) Each to his own.

I felt very sorry for anyone paying 100 to sit there for a bloody friendly in Nov.

The access was a disaster in October, but I think it has improved for each game.
rathgarblue
Bookworm

Post by rathgarblue »

Have been @ the new Lansdowne Road 3 times:
A) Access is shocking and unclear - 80% of people used to be able to make their way down lansdowne road now I'd guess its 25%. Pedestrian underpass under DART is the same one as was there - 30 years old, not even considering if anything happened in there but my wife got stuck after the Munster game (she's a savage so not allowed sit with me at the games and must source her own ticket).
B) Food and Drink: queues are mad - was twice at premium and its a joke - unless you leave 10 b4 HT you wont get served till after HT. To be fair to Croke Park - they added loads of bars once this became an issue c5/6 yrs ago. Not sure if this can be done in D4.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Access to Lansdowne Road has improved, better than the old one, better for most people than Croke Park (which had its problems). Bars are an issue depending on where you're sitting there's a wedge of the South Stand where you have a long distance to go in either direction.

As long as they continue to stop people bringing pints to the upper level the solution is simple (though unpopular), don't buy them! Save a packet with a hip flask or stay sober, both are better options. Especially true for as long as they operate their capricious policy on opening the bars after the games.

Food is a disaster, but because it's generally half price afterwards there is a better option. They really missed a trick there on food, all the talk of gourmet food was hot air except for the prices.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Rob K
Knowledgeable

Post by Rob K »

THAT WAS QUICK !!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Wow!!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Should tell the IRFU something - price it well, look after the core supporters with a discount and voila.....
Rob K
Knowledgeable

Post by Rob K »

mikey wrote:Should tell the IRFU something - price it well, look after the core supporters with a discount and voila.....
Or maybe people want to see some decent live rugby :wink:
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Rob K wrote:
mikey wrote:Should tell the IRFU something - price it well, look after the core supporters with a discount and voila.....
Or maybe people want to see some decent live rugby :wink:

ah well, there is that too - I was being nice!. Judging by the game on Sat, well, no contest as to which i'd watch, but dont get me started on the club/country thing!
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Just pray our lads confidence hasn't been shot to hell by the time they return