mtleinster wrote:
jordanracer wrote:Just 20 left now that's some sales rate in 3 hours

13 left. 11 individuals, one double
Looks like a complete sell out so, not that it was ever doubt
Benji
Knowledgeable

Re: Tickets for the semi

Post by Benji »

Would expect that more will become availiable as the clubs and sponsors might not take everything availiable to them.
Would say with that capacity there will be no problem with getting a ticket.
The real isssue with getting a ticket with the Aviva is that you really need to know where the ticket is for. There are so many tickets that represent s&&*e value for the price of them.
Its a pity that they managed to construct something that cost so much and yet as so many faults.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Benji wrote:Would expect that more will become availiable as the clubs and sponsors might not take everything availiable to them.
The real isssue with getting a ticket with the Aviva is that you really need to know where the ticket is for. There are so many tickets that represent s&&*e value for the price of them.
Its a pity that they managed to construct something that cost so much and yet as so many faults.
Classic Architect one there. Form over function. Looks beautiful, doesn't work so well.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

johng wrote:
Benji wrote:Would expect that more will become availiable as the clubs and sponsors might not take everything availiable to them.
Classic Architect one there. Form over function. Looks beautiful, doesn't work so well.
+1
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

The clubs had to apply for tickets by last Wednesday 13th, before any tickets went on public sale and tickets are not sold on a sale or return basis, so no tickets will be returned from that source.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
ktjbrowne
Beginner

Post by ktjbrowne »

SOLD OUT ON TM now...

we all got tickets, be happy, go Blues...
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

sheepshagger wrote:Those 2k Toulouse returns on sale now.
Well done and thanks to yourself and all those who gave heads-up on any (and especially sudden) developments on the whole bizarre ticket sales scenario -it's been quite a week.But such input much appreciated.
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Just a query

North Stand........Block 133........Row K..........Seat 24........what is the view of the game like from here........
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

HUDSOC wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Those 2k Toulouse returns on sale now.
Well done and thanks to yourself and all those who gave heads-up on any (and especially sudden) developments on the whole bizarre ticket sales scenario -it's been quite a week.But such input much appreciated.
+1
rummyometer
Bookworm

Post by rummyometer »

flustered wrote:Just a query

North Stand........Block 133........Row K..........Seat 24........what is the view of the game like from here........
I was in Block 133 Row M for the Munster, Clermont and Leicester games which is third row from the back, so not too bad compared to the front few rows (especially when our row and the two rows behind us agreed to stand up for all the Clermont match). Atmosphere was very good in the stand, but still had to look at the big screen to get a clear idea of what was going on in the opposition 22.
flustered
Knowledgeable

Post by flustered »

Thanks for the rummy, looks like wont be too bad so. Looking forward to the atmosphere & a cracking game of rugby.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

combatlogo wrote:
ellandleinster wrote:
combatlogo wrote:A HEC final will never be held in Croke Park.

Who has ever claimed that the Aviva is a "National Stadium"?

This debate has been done to death, I can't be bothered rehashing the same arguments.

That said, can you adduce any evidence that IRFU employees hook up their mates with prime tickets, as you have alleged here?
The Aviva is the National Stadium of the IRFU and the FAI. Are you saying its not?

Think I read a couple of weeks ago that Croker was in the running for a H cup final. What makes you so sure it won't get one? Inside knowledge or the hope that your chums at the IRFU won't face the humiliation of it being held there. I note you appear to accept that one will never be held in the Aviva.

Read this thread and tell me where you think the decent seats went
"National stadium" implies some kind of official state involvement...notwithstanding government funding, that's not the case here.

As DC has said, the IRFU is not going to sanction a HEC final in Croker nor would the GAA go touting for such a gig.

You're making half this sh!t up: "I think I read". :lol: How do you know what the ERC would require as a minimum capacity?

Re the semi-final - I got west upper halfway line in the afternoon, albeit for 40 notes each.

I'll ask again, can you adduce any evidence that IRFU employees hook up their mates with good tickets?
Its the national rugby stadium and national soccer stadium. The fact that you are even arguing about this says a lot.

Would not dispute DC's knowledge. Just find it shocking that the IRFU would deprive the city of such an economic windfall out of spite and embarrassment.

A lot of people use expressions such as 'I think I read ' in an attempt not to come over as arrogant dogmatic boors.

But lets take it that you are right and I made it up. Just a bit of a puzzle that the new and glorious national rugby stadium of the island of Ireland has yet to be awarded a HC final. Also a puzzle as to why the ERC stipulate minimum capacities for other rounds but are content to stage the final anywhere. Perhaps Thomond should make a bid. There are probably as many decent seats which could command good prices there as there are at the Aviva.

I have already 'adduced' the evidence. To repeat it ' lack of decent seats made available to STHs as adduced by this thread. I got similar seats to you. 35euro plus booking fee. Prices started at 70 and I would have got these if I could. I would also have got the 60euro ones if I could have. By the by I am surprised that there was not a similar thread for the qf as I could only get corner premiums for that game.

One thing I do agree with you is that we had this 'debate' already for the AI's. And at this stage I couldn't care less about the IRFU and the Aviva. I will not be going to any Ireland games there.' Bring back the Roar.' what a joke... roar of indignation at the prices and views I suppose.

But Leinster are now regularly staging games there and I either miss these games as well or put up with sh!t seats and sh!t views. Most of my friends turned down the offer of tickets for the semi when I told them I could only get 35euro seats. They would prefer to SEE the game on tv. The same people happily paid 60euro plus booking fee for corner 'premium' for the QF.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I wouldn't be shocked at all if a Heineken Cup final was held in Croke Park.

It's not ideal for the IRFU, but if the ERC put pressure on the IRFU to host a HEC final in Croke Park as the IRFU pressure for a final in Dublin, it may end up being the securing compromise. And the GAA would have no bother collecting a cheque from another sell out of their stadium. London, Edinburgh, Paris, Cardiff are all hosting finals of 70 - 80k capacity, it's a big step down to 50k and costs the ERC a lot of money. It just goes to show we've only ever got 2 finals (correct?) and once our stadium became available again, and after almost 10 years without a final, we still didn't get it.

It would be nice in about 10 - 15 years if the Hill16 end of Croker was closed off with the rest of the stadium to a 90k capacity and the national stadium and Lansdowne becomes exclusively Leinsters home. ;)
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

[Jackass] wrote:I wouldn't be shocked at all if a Heineken Cup final was held in Croke Park.

It's not ideal for the IRFU, but if the ERC put pressure on the IRFU to host a HEC final in Croke Park as the IRFU pressure for a final in Dublin, it may end up being the securing compromise. And the GAA would have no bother collecting a cheque from another sell out of their stadium. London, Edinburgh, Paris, Cardiff are all hosting finals of 70 - 80k capacity, it's a big step down to 50k and costs the ERC a lot of money. It just goes to show we've only ever got 2 finals (correct?) and once our stadium became available again, and after almost 10 years without a final, we still didn't get it.

It would be nice in about 10 - 15 years if the Hill16 end of Croker was closed off with the rest of the stadium to a 90k capacity and the national stadium and Lansdowne becomes exclusively Leinsters home. ;)
It'll be nice to see in about 10-15 years time the North stand in Lansdowne Road redeveloped to complete the sweep of the stadium and allows us for a capacity of 65-70k which would allow for reduced ticket prices as more seats at lower prices = more money. You'd get more sell outs. We did go from selling out (or at least surpassing 70k everytime) in an 83k stadium for internationls in 2009 to barely selling 35k in a 50k stadium in 2010 by prices going up as they mucked up on the price elascticity of match tickets when they figured by reducing supply demand would remain similar and they could increase a premium.

They need to carry out a cost benefit analysis on "fixing" Lansdowne Rd by ensuring that all current seats have a good view, there are double doors into the toilets rather than everyone queing to get in/out a single door, and increase the capacity while building costs are low and surrounding properties in Havelock Sq can be purchased (perhaps at a decent premium) to facilitate extension of the stadium to an appropriate capacity.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

[Jackass] wrote:I wouldn't be shocked at all if a Heineken Cup final was held in Croke Park.

The Aviva Leinster's new home.....think I will have to get one of those new 3D tv's. Mind you thinking about it watching a game at the Aviva on 3D tv would really bring all that shiny structural steel they put in your sightlines really into focus.

You can bungey off the arch in the new stadium in Durban and I would think that there has to be some form of commercial exploitation of the steelwork. Perhaps a series of zip wires you can shimmy out on to get a better view ?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

ellandleinster wrote:

The Aviva Leinster's new home.....think I will have to get one of those new 3D tv's. Mind you thinking about it watching a game at the Aviva on 3D tv would really bring all that shiny structural steel they put in your sightlines really into focus.

You can bungey off the arch in the new stadium in Durban and I would think that there has to be some form of commercial exploitation of the steelwork. Perhaps a series of zip wires you can shimmy out on to get a better view ?
I've heard that they're going to allow absailing from the roof soonish, I'll see if I can find a link.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I have suggested previously that we could have a good weekend of it, with the HC in Croker and the CC in Lansdowne.

I also "remember reading" last year that we would not get a HC in Lansdowne as it was too small. This could have been just someone's opinion though.

Not particularly interested in the politics of it between IRFU/GAA/ERC, if it's not on, it's not on. Pity though.

As regards the seats in LR. Another pity, but where the real issue was, was the fact that they wanted the same price for ALL the seats. Now that they have different categories it is fairer.

Some people's sh!t seats are fine for someone else. Others are just happy to be there. People will vote with their wallets on that one. If some stay away, there will be others who go in their place.

I have only once paid more than 50 bills to watch Ireland play in LR. That was the England game. I was happy with all the seats I got. I've had tickets for every game they played there bar France.

There are seats in the stadium that I would not fancy, possibly different ones to someone else though.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

The thing is that prices were not reduced to make them 'fairer'. They were reduced cos no-one would take them otherwise.

I paid £65 for a seat at the Leicester Wasps H cup final at twickenham a few years ago. Seats were in a similar position to the ones I have for next week's game. Upper level near the half way line. Fantastic seats in any stadium bar the Aviva.

Its great to get seats for 35 euro but as I have said I would prefer to pay more and have an unobstructed view.

The design flaws of the stadium which mean that what should be prime location seats are so heavily discounted results in a huge loss of revenue everytime the stadium is used.
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

Would it be possible for Rugby matches to build a temporary Standing Terrace Section that sits on top of the North Stand Seats. I know the seats have to be permanant for the chav-ball but ERC should allow temporary Terrace?

It would solve 2 problems in that it would double the capacity of the North Stand maybe get around 8k into the terrace a cost of 4k seats?
It would also give people in the North Terrace a bit more height to see the games if the structure was built over the permanent seats.
It would have paid for itself this season.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ellandleinster wrote:The thing is that prices were not reduced to make them 'fairer'. They were reduced cos no-one would take them otherwise.

I paid £65 for a seat at the Leicester Wasps H cup final at twickenham a few years ago. Seats were in a similar position to the ones I have for next week's game. Upper level near the half way line. Fantastic seats in any stadium bar the Aviva.

Its great to get seats for 35 euro but as I have said I would prefer to pay more and have an unobstructed view.

The design flaws of the stadium which mean that what should be prime location seats are so heavily discounted results in a huge loss of revenue everytime the stadium is used.
I never said that it was done to make them fairer, just that, that was the effect.

I had West upper Directly behind the press for the Kiwi game. Excellent seats. OK you had to lean forward slightly to see the near touchline, but great view, AND you got to see the "contentious" replays on the press guy's screens, AND you got to see the ABs for 50 squids. Win Win Win.

I sat in 508 for the combined provinces game. no view of the screens/scoreboard, but fine view of the game.

I have had debate on this forum where people said row k in the lower east was muck, but others (like me) think they are some of the best seats in the house.

While it is a joke that there are so many "restricted" views in a new stadium, at some point you just have to accept it and move on. Don't buy the seats you are not happy with, buy the ones you like (If you can get them) and leave the others for people who are happy with them, or just happy to be there.