A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

silly punt
Enlightened

Re: Tickets for the semi

Post by silly punt »

Xanthippe wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
crisco10 wrote:Some craicing premium level tickets on sale now. Whole sections empty near the halfway...

If these had been available in the STH sale, I think I would have been very tempted to be "upsold". Haven't sampled the premium level yet. Shame, missed opportunity.
Yep, a shame that they were allocated to Toulouse at that time - but at least they are going to be blue now 8)
Why did we give such good seats away to Toulouse. The ones they gave us last year were rubbish in comparison.
They werent ours to give the ERC allocated the seats...... Its an ERC fixture not Leinster Rugby
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

sheepshagger wrote:
crisco10 wrote:Some craicing premium level tickets on sale now. Whole sections empty near the halfway...

If these had been available in the STH sale, I think I would have been very tempted to be "upsold". Haven't sampled the premium level yet. Shame, missed opportunity.
Yep, a shame that they were allocated to Toulouse at that time - but at least they are going to be blue now 8)
Muriel wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
Why did we give such good seats away to Toulouse. The ones they gave us last year were rubbish in comparison.
I might be way off here, but surely, after ERC have taken their cut, they're entitled to 50% of all sections and therefore, understandably, took 4000 of the best seats they're entitled to?
Hadn't thought of it like that - but then, would that not suggest that Leinster rugby CHOSE seats in the corner for us last year :cry:

Unless of course these were returns from the ERC themselves rather than from Toulouse
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The premium level is quality, great view in terms of height from pitch, seats are nicely cushioned, bar readily accessable, special champagne bar, sometimes a band is there. I'm a fan and its grand value when it's Leinster playing there, not sure I'd fork out north of €100 for a seat there for International games.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

some great seats on offer now - guess we know that when it comes to cash the ERC will screw the STH's so as to ensure they sell out the venue - I guess it makes commercial sense even if it has caused 36 pages of annoyance here.....a little honesty from them (or in fact a substantive reply to the complaints levied at them) would have been nice.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Simple idea here, would it have been better this time to just put all seats on offer on a first come first served basis. As it stands it looks like very few on here are getting the seats they want, we're all just buying what we think are ht best available only to see better seats go on sale later. As one Mr. Moleman put it Boourns.
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

Couldnt help myself,bought 2 premium in 325.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

TerenureJim wrote:Simple idea here, would it have been better this time to just put all seats on offer on a first come first served basis. As it stands it looks like very few on here are getting the seats they want, we're all just buying what we think are ht best available only to see better seats go on sale later. As one Mr. Moleman put it Boourns.

I think that was the idea behind the sale - confuse and confound your enemy - well your prospective clients! - its certainly how TM trade when it comes to the pre sales that i've experienced for gigs - and just as long as TM and anyone other than the branch directly control the sales, we'd better get used to it.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I can't believe that nearly 6 hours after the seats went up, you can still buy 8 seats IN A ROW in the premium section on the halfway line. :o
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

johng wrote:I can't believe that nearly 6 hours after the seats went up, you can still buy 8 seats IN A ROW in the premium section on the halfway line. :o
They are f$$kin teasing me. If I could be sure of the offload on my own tickets, I would get new ones.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

crisco10 wrote:
johng wrote:I can't believe that nearly 6 hours after the seats went up, you can still buy 8 seats IN A ROW in the premium section on the halfway line. :o
They are f$$kin teasing me. If I could be sure of the offload on my own tickets, I would get new ones.
Fricking bullin' about this.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

fourthirtythree wrote:
crisco10 wrote:
Fricking bullin' about this.
There must be an error with that, there cant be premium seats along the halfway line on sale today. Dont forget they were "in peoples baskets" at 10.01 in the presale! :wink: :roll:

You can skip from page 2 to page 37 of this thread to find out what happened! :twisted: :twisted:

Say it aint so now Ticketmaster
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

crisco10 wrote:
you and me both - we settled for Premium in the corner - raging now that for the same money I could get the half way line....but its OK, I got the best available....so that makes it just fine...
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I reckon yiz'll flog them. Less than 300 left, 9 days to the game..... No Sweat.

Never underestimate the amount of people who wake up a few days before the game and suddenly want to go
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:I reckon yiz'll flog them. Less than 300 left, 9 days to the game..... No Sweat.

Never underestimate the amount of people who wake up a few days before the game and suddenly want to go

got them in my basket - better seats for my dad....

Edit: I feel dirty and abused - but have 2 more (better) tickets for the game!
bgmusic
Knowledgeable

Post by bgmusic »

All but sold out, 46 seats left @2130.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

mikey wrote:
johng wrote:I reckon yiz'll flog them. Less than 300 left, 9 days to the game..... No Sweat.

got them in my basket - better seats for my dad....

Edit: I feel dirty and abused - but have 2 more (better) tickets for the game!
mmm think I am getting this now. being a Leinster STH is sort of like being an S&M gimp. We pay extra to get treated like sh!t. and then we enjoy it so much we go back for more.

got to say that I find this pathetic.

No wonder persons unknown shafted us for the ticket allocation. I think Larry David must be writing half the posts I read here. eg ..How did Toulouse get such great tickets when we got cr@p ones last year? Its the ERC ...no Leinster allocate them...no way Sinead wouldn't do it.. she's great ... course she is.. it must be those ERC c**ts... ah well lets move on... whats the new leinster top like.
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

37 pages and ellandleinster delivers the best post yet!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

I'm curious about what you would do then - given I'm clearly pathetic for finding and purchasing better seats for my dad- what should I have done ? Held out on a point of principal with cr@p seats for my dad - yes of course he'd understand how shafted we feel and while he's watching the game from those cr@p seats would no doubt applaud my principals ?

I doubt it - if you want to boycott games then carry on - it achieves nothing other than mean you don't go to the game - can't see how that helps.

There were better tickets available - with these in hand I've some form of leverage against tm and the erc to refund the cr@p I have - I seem to recall someone saying that this might be possible !!- so whilst I'm no less annoyed about the process and rip off I have better seats which is good and I won't be stopping anytime soon to try to get some restitution for the debacle

Nothing wrong with a good old tm erc s&m session
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Mikey, just to be clear, not having a go at you personally.
No probs with what you did. Indeed, it would be my problem if I did!

Its fair to say the vast majority of STH's believe we've been treated very poorly on this occasion.
Who's responsible for the shambolic release of tickets is another matter.

Enjoy the game.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

ellandleinster wrote:

No wonder persons unknown shafted us for the ticket allocation. I think Larry David must be writing half the posts I read here. eg ..How did Toulouse get such great tickets when we got cr@p ones last year? Its the ERC ...no Leinster allocate them...no way Sinead wouldn't do it.. she's great ... course she is.. it must be those ERC c**ts... ah well lets move on... whats the new leinster top like.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nailed it.
3 Gold Stars