Chances of munster moving final if playing leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Chances of munster moving final if playing leinster

Post by johng »

Cianostays wrote:
Skinfull wrote:If I recall correctly the PA from ospresys took over the mic and made me (and many others!) cringe from start to finish! He never shut the F up the whole time! That and we lost :(
God he was awful. I actually missed our PA guy and he was fairly useless. The not being allowed hand out Leinster flags whilst Magners handed out Black and Gold merchandise (Ospreys colours for crying out loud) was particularly galling. Also our mascot wasn't allowed to gee up the crowd ffs :roll:

As I said earlier, hopefully, Celtic Rugby have learned from last year.
I doubt the Ospreys have a Londoner as an announcer. :)
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

It wont be moved, and the final venue needs to be nominated before the semis take place
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:What happened at last year's final?
They obviously decided that, despite there being a "home" venue for the final that it should be "neutral" (neutered might be a better word).

No home announcer, no home music, no home flags handed out, no home entertainment (they shipped in some lads banging drums for halftime), no home mascot - the whole thing was dreadful. Managed to remove a lot of the atmosphere.

Munster should play any final in Thomond but they have to resist what happened last year. It would mean them not being allowed to sing "Stand up and fight" before the game, there would be none of the Munster choir stuff, none of the mascot or other paraphanalie before the game. It's all part of the build-up and should be there.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

tate wrote:
Cianostays wrote:As others have said, if Munster win through to the final, they have earned the right to have it in Thomond Park and should host it there.

I'd hope Celtic Rugby will have learned from last year and let the home team host the final as oppossed to last year's nonsense.

a thousand times yes. The final last year was focking embarrassing (no wonder nobody goes to ospreys home games). I would rather endure the fields and stand up and fight played over the PA for the entire game in toyota park than go through last years final again (result included ;) ).
Another plus 1.

Was only thinking this myself this morning. I have nightmares about the staging of that final and being made to feel like visitors at home.

Will it be a 'host' venue or a 'home' venue.... supporters will vote for the home experience anyway!
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:I think they should move it to Cork. Isn't that where the real Munster rugby fans are from? And it's the main city in the region.
Some Munster friends of mine say playing in Musgrave park is like playing Away :) . Munster will have earned the right to a home final, and Thomond Park is where it should be.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Interesting thread, I think it would be great if it ended up as us v Munster in TP but that said it would be great to see a final in Lansdowne that atmosphere there recently for our games has been immense. It'd be a great showcase for the league and the stadium to have the final there.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

Hickiefan wrote:
tate wrote:
Cianostays wrote:As others have said, if Munster win through to the final, they have earned the right to have it in Thomond Park and should host it there.

I'd hope Celtic Rugby will have learned from last year and let the home team host the final as oppossed to last year's nonsense.

a thousand times yes. The final last year was focking embarrassing (no wonder nobody goes to ospreys home games). I would rather endure the fields and stand up and fight played over the PA for the entire game in toyota park than go through last years final again (result included ;) ).
Another plus 1.

Was only thinking this myself this morning. I have nightmares about the staging of that final and being made to feel like visitors at home.

Will it be a 'host' venue or a 'home' venue.... supporters will vote for the home experience anyway!
No even joking when I suggest that they way the final was set up last year proved anywhere from disconcerting to disadvantageous... No banners, no announcement, no music, an annoyed crowd and some absolute gobsheen from Radio Saxon shouting at us in an Essex drawl. Celtic rugby... good call. 'Are you ready to pardee???' No. No I am not. PFO. And take the Black-Eyed Peas greatest hits double CD with you, you c~*k.

Now, PLEASE don't go changing if the final is to be in Limerick's Vagidome... Would be hilarity. (There's a lot to be said for finishing 2nd-4th these days). 'Hello Lime--rick, in the lovely Éire! Here's Leona Lewis!' :twisted: Am there!
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

No even joking when I suggest that they way the final was set up last year proved anywhere from disconcerting to disadvantageous... No banners, no announcement, no music, an annoyed crowd and some absolute gobsheen from Radio Saxon shouting at us in an Essex drawl. Celtic rugby... good call. 'Are you ready to pardee???' No. No I am not. PFO. And take the Black-Eyed Peas greatest hits double CD with you, you c~*k.

Now, PLEASE don't go changing if the final is to be in Limerick's Vagidome... Would be hilarity. (There's a lot to be said for finishing 2nd-4th these days). 'Hello Lime--rick, in the lovely Éire! Here's Leona Lewis!' :twisted: Am there!
Yep the Black Eyed Peas were the icing on the cake for me, and to think I actually took a date to that match to show her what the atmosphere was like down the RDS on a big game day. Thankfully she didn't hold it against me.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Has to be in Thomond. Hcup winners vrs Amlin Winners hopefully!

That final last year was shocking, they did everthing in their power to take away from the game. I really hope that Celtic rugby have seen the error of their ways last time out.

Anyway alot of rugby between then and now. Could be Ulster V Osprey final yet!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:

Yep the Black Eyed Peas were the icing on the cake for me, and to think I actually took a date to that match to show her what the atmosphere was like down the RDS on a big game day. Thankfully she didn't hold it against me.
Think the Glee version of 'Don't Stop Believing' was the particular highlight for me. :evil:
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:

Think the Glee version of 'Don't Stop Believing' was the particular highlight for me. :evil:
I think I threw up at that point, and it had nothing to do with cheap beer.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

TerenureJim wrote:
It wasn't cheap.

The final was a big mistake in terms of event management. Getting in an outside company to plasticise the game just spoiled the fun. I could understand the theory about trying to pretend it was a neutral venue, but it was so badly done and so intrusive. It's really very simple: pre-game and halftime entertainment should compliment the event, not replace it.

In Leinster (after several years of trying) we've hit on a simple and successful formula for half-time entertainment: mini rugby. It's genius, it's popular, it's cheap and anyone who doesn't like it can take a long walk off a short pier as far as most rugby fans are concerned.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

ronk wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
It wasn't cheap.

The final was a big mistake in terms of event management. Getting in an outside company to plasticise the game just spoiled the fun. I could understand the theory about trying to pretend it was a neutral venue, but it was so badly done and so intrusive. It's really very simple: pre-game and halftime entertainment should compliment the event, not replace it.

In Leinster (after several years of trying) we've hit on a simple and successful formula for half-time entertainment: mini rugby. It's genius, it's popular, it's cheap and anyone who doesn't like it can take a long walk off a short pier as far as most rugby fans are concerned.
The half-time 2 euro a head bet on the minis is a bit of a highlight in itself! Great for the kids. Great for us inveterate gamblers!
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
silly punt
Enlightened

Post by silly punt »

What would the ticket split be for such a final, 50/50 after sponsors etc?
Experience is the name everyone gives to their failures
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

silly punt wrote:What would the ticket split be for such a final, 50/50 after sponsors etc?
Lets just hope the ticket allocation/sale is handled a little better then the hcup semi seems to have been.

Anyone know if we'd move a home semi to Lansdowne or stay in the RDS? I'd imagine a Lansdowne semi v Ulster if marketed correctly would be great for the competition, both teams, both fans and the IRFU. Could call it the New Stand!
colinmtn
Knowledgeable

Post by colinmtn »

If we get a Magners home semi final it will be in the RDS

After the Heineken Cup semi final there will be no rugby played in Lansdowne for a few weeks as they have said they want to protct the pitch for the UEFA cup final.
All hail the monstrous nerd. I am by far the SUPREME NERD GOD!!!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

colinmtn wrote:If we get a Magners home semi final it will be in the RDS

After the Heineken Cup semi final there will be no rugby played in Lansdowne for a few weeks as they have said they want to protct the pitch for the UEFA cup final.
Sigh
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Europa Cup final is May 18th, ML Grand Final is May 26th.
colinmtn
Knowledgeable

Post by colinmtn »

ronk wrote:

And the Magners league semi finals are May 13th/14th
All hail the monstrous nerd. I am by far the SUPREME NERD GOD!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ronk wrote:

I don't think they would play the Grand final on a Thursday either Ronk. :)

You really are catching "me" disease. :lol: