2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sid
Mullet

Re: 2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

Post by sid »

Noticed the baby ones with the one star. Thought the second one had just come off until I saw a few of them like that.

Still can't get over how awful the harp is. If anything was going to give Munster fans a reason to call us pretentious ladyboys, we just handed it to them on a plate.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sid wrote:If anything was going to give Munster fans a reason to call us pretentious ladyboys, we just handed it to them on a plate.
And we should give a good goddam what they call us because...?
I have Bumbleflex
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Hear hear!
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

Satan's Little Helper wrote:question.. does this years season ticket give us any discounts in the leinster rugby store??? liek they way it did in elverys a few yrs back?
You mean the one in Donnybrook or the RDS on match day? Yes, 10%.

I think, but I might be wrong, that if you don't have a season ticket from '10/'11, you can bring your email for the '11/'12 purchase and they'll give you the discount.

I don't think we get discount anywhere else.
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
FacepaintandShoutin'
Beginner

Post by FacepaintandShoutin' »

ronk wrote:
FacepaintandShoutin' wrote:The harp is pure messin'. Why the desperate need to be flashy? LIke some young one caked in make up...you don't need it girl, you had it all before you started trying to get noticed.

The stars are great. A statement of intent. Saw a Toulouse shirt on sale in Lisbon airport over the weekend, only 3 stars, they were asking for 80 or thereabouts. But then I saw a Portugal rugby shirt. Wish it had been more interesting, would've thought about buying it. And now I'm off to trawl the net for obscure international shirts in anticipation of the World Cup.
Your avatar and username don't send out a conflicting message at all.
God forbid you'd have some fun supporting your team. The avatar was a Hallowe'en match. Strange the things people can get offended at.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

sid wrote:Still can't get over how awful the harp is. If anything was going to give Munster fans a reason to call us pretentious ladyboys, we just handed it to them on a plate.

Head on over to the Ireland RWC 2011 thread and read some of the muck spouted by munster lads and let me know whether you really give a toss about what they think.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Well while my phrasing may have implied otherwise, my issue is more along the lines of "it makes us look like pretentious tw@ts" as opposed to "Munster fans will think we're pretentious tw@ts". We shouldn't need a massive harp plastered across our jersey to say "hey look at us, we're Leinster".

But oh well.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

It is what it is. Not going to change now. Moaning about it for two years wont change that.

I could easily do without said white harp and even moreso the two navy ones on the shoulders. I'll pick up the test version though without doubt.

Bought the shorts today.
bedlam9999
Learner

Post by bedlam9999 »

sid wrote:Well while my phrasing may have implied otherwise, my issue is more along the lines of "it makes us look like pretentious tw@ts" as opposed to "Munster fans will think we're pretentious tw@ts". We shouldn't need a massive harp plastered across our jersey to say "hey look at us, we're Leinster".

But oh well.
if you dont like the jersey, buy the classic one
irishjonny
Knowledgeable

Post by irishjonny »

saw it in the flesh, definitely going for test jersey not pro, it's a great looking shirt when you see it in 3D. much nicer than the irish shirt
best quote from croker was this old boy behind me after about 65 minutes when you could see the red jerseys flooding out of the place

"Lock the gates, make them watch"

Disturbing yet arousing at the same time
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Just ordered the jersey today from the Leinster website and can't wait to get my hands on it. From what I've seen, I absolutely love it. I liked it at first, but it's really really grown on me.

I'd just like to mention too, that after ordering the jersey, I ordered the DVD for the collection, but was charged a second delivery charge, and planned to email Leinster branch to ask if I could have one of them reversed...

By the time I got home, I had an email from Danielle in the Leinster office saying that she noticed I had made two orders and that she has refunded a delivery charge to my card and they will ship together.

As always, the staff in the Leinster branch offer superb service and are incredibly on the ball, quick and a pleasure to deal with. I didn't even have to contact them.

Great job and thank you!
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

[Jackass] wrote:Just ordered the jersey today from the Leinster website and can't wait to get my hands on it. From what I've seen, I absolutely love it. I liked it at first, but it's really really grown on me.

I'd just like to mention too, that after ordering the jersey, I ordered the DVD for the collection, but was charged a second delivery charge, and planned to email Leinster branch to ask if I could have one of them reversed...

By the time I got home, I had an email from Danielle in the Leinster office saying that she noticed I had made two orders and that she has refunded a delivery charge to my card and they will ship together.

As always, the staff in the Leinster branch offer superb service and are incredibly on the ball, quick and a pleasure to deal with. I didn't even have to contact them.

Great job and thank you!

Yeah the staff there are insanely good. I got the HEC Winners tshirt hand delivered on the night before the ML final. It was dropped in and the girl told my dad that she saw the delivery address, realised it was on her way home and that i might want it for Thomond. Just a bit beyond the call of duty there.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

crisco10 wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:Just ordered the jersey today from the Leinster website and can't wait to get my hands on it. From what I've seen, I absolutely love it. I liked it at first, but it's really really grown on me.

Great job and thank you!

Yeah the staff there are insanely good. I got the HEC Winners tshirt hand delivered on the night before the ML final. It was dropped in and the girl told my dad that she saw the delivery address, realised it was on her way home and that i might want it for Thomond. Just a bit beyond the call of duty there.
:happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: Great story.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Danielle is amazing, so helpful, always goes above and beyond. Pity there are not more like her.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Amz wrote:Danielle is amazing, so helpful, always goes above and beyond. Pity there are not more like her.

She's kindly put aside a test jersey for me as I'm up from Carlow to buy it tomorrow.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Having seen both playing and training jerseys in the flesh, both are very nice and the pics online don't really do them any justice.

Bought both :oops:
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

sheepshagger wrote:Bought both :oops:
Someone's riding out the recession :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sheepshagger wrote:Having seen both playing and training jerseys in the flesh, both are very nice and the pics online don't really do them any justice.

Bought both :oops:
Did you not buy the supporters jersey and the away one?

Bandwagoner :P
I have Bumbleflex
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Morf wrote:
Amz wrote:Danielle is amazing, so helpful, always goes above and beyond. Pity there are not more like her.

She's kindly put aside a test jersey for me as I'm up from Carlow to buy it tomorrow.

Which I bought today and am very happy with.
stuwilson
Bookworm

Post by stuwilson »

Saw the new jersey in Arnotts yesterday, I thought it was not the best in the pics I'd seen but actually quite like it having seen the real thing!