2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Re: 2011 / 2012 Leinster Jersey?

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

They need to get rid of that stupid V in the middle of it.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

johng wrote:I rarely comment on clothing. But can I just say that the harp is way better than the jizz. Not a fan of the beerbelly enhancing divide though.

I reckon my Magners league winning Jersey is good for a few more years. :wink:
The '07/'08 proper collar or '08/'09 asymetrical collar version?
Laura F
Learner

Post by Laura F »

I honestly think the Heineken Cup jersey or the Training jersey should be bumped up to being the main jersey!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Laura F wrote:I honestly think the Heineken Cup jersey or the Training jersey should be bumped up to being the main jersey!
+1
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TerenureJim wrote:
johng wrote:I rarely comment on clothing. But can I just say that the harp is way better than the jizz. Not a fan of the beerbelly enhancing divide though.

I reckon my Magners league winning Jersey is good for a few more years. :wink:
The '07/'08 proper collar or '08/'09 asymetrical collar version?
Magners league winning season one. (Did the Asymetrical one come in before the end of that season? I can't remember)
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

The magners league 08 jersey (winning one) was modified to have the asymetrical CCC collar for the 09 season
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

TerenureJim wrote:The magners league 08 jersey (winning one) was modified to have the asymetrical CCC collar for the 09 season
Yeah, I lost that one and wouldn't buy the asymetric one. Would be due another but what with all the mythical beast man muck about.... not going to happen.
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Whatever the design of the thing might be, a move back to blue would be a good (and incredibly obvious) start.

I'll just be pleasantly surprised if the new jersey isn't an appalling, hideous mess.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

dingbat wrote:Whatever the design of the thing might be, a move back to blue would be a good (and incredibly obvious) start.

I'll just be pleasantly surprised if the new jersey isn't an appalling, hideous mess.
Prepare not to be suprised so.

Anyone got an idea of when we can expect the jersey launch?
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I wish we could just have a reversal of the Clermont Jerseys!

HOME:

AWAY:

It seems all the fans are looking for a similar thing. And this isn't anything crazy, not too fancy, just looks good and embraces the colours and is nice and simples. :mullet 1:
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

[Jackass] wrote:I wish we could just have a reversal of the Clermont Jerseys!

HOME:

AWAY:

It seems all the fans are looking for a similar thing. And this isn't anything crazy, not too fancy, just looks good and embraces the colours and is nice and simples. :mullet 1:
I'd deffo buy one of them in Leinster trim.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

HOME:

AWAY:

That would be sweet as a basis. Great call... You could add a trim of the other shade of blue and white, keep the gold lining. Whack our harp on it, and send it out. Keep it simple!
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Sincero wrote:

HOME:

AWAY:

That would be sweet as a basis. Great call... You could add a trim of the other shade of blue and white, keep the gold lining. Whack our harp on it, and send it out. Keep it simple!
Good jerseys, popping colours, maybe loose the piping on the chest & stomach areas to give more of a plain shirt with just the trim piping kept of the shoulders. The piping on the chest accentuates any manboobage going on and the piping on the stomach well clearly that's just waiting to make a show of any beer belly of the average rugby fan might be sporting.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

So any more news on when the official announcement/reveal of the 2011/2012 jersey collection will be??
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

TerenureJim wrote:So any more news on when the official announcement/reveal of the 2011/2012 jersey collection will be??
Its usually over the summer.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Wonder when we'll see sides in the ML start using the jerseys for the next season at the end of the current season as they do in soccer. Makes since, I've always thought the rugby brands are slow to launch new jerseys. Middle of the summer isn't a great time given that its the down time for the sport.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

Here's my take:

I think the vast majority of fans want to see a return of more gold on the strip.
I also think the colours that represent Leinster are unique, and are St.Patrick's blue, navy blue, gold and white(silver).
From a vexillographical point of view the latter two are metallics, while the former two are solid colours, and the two types should not touch (in order to have the most striking effect). But also the darker blue makes the gold stand out better (see the choice of shade that our Clermont friends use above compared to my avatar, which is a great avatar, but wouldn't make a great jersey...), while the lighter shade goes fine with the white.
People want simplicity.
We could go for something like the Cup jersey, which is beautiful... but perhaps adding to it in the trims, socks etc. a touch of gold, more white and navy. Would be ideal.
Or we could go deep navy main colour to make the gold ping, and use white and St.Patrick's blue trim.

Both great choices.

If we want to do add something I wouldn't mind a Celtic design motif underlying the main colour if we want to get expressive and artsy, but otherwise simplicity all the way (no unicorns or chocolate-bar wrappers).
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Ah here! A few posters on this forum, even lots of them, do not account for the "vast majority" of supporters...

We can speculate and demand all we like on here but the fact is that the sales dictate. Our only say is to buy the jersey or not. FACT!
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Jackass wrote:
Are the peeps "in the know" assuring us that these aren't the jersey's? Seems bizzare that fake jerseys would be manufactoured and put on ebay.... they look like perfectly genuine, real jerseys, if not the approved design..
They're genuine jerseys obviously, but there are many, many jerseys produced in the 12 months from the start of the process to the finalising of the design and its move to production.

As I said before, the blue one pictured is not our home jersey for next season.
so the white one is the away jersey then?
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Are Bank of Ireland finishing as main sponsor after this season?