8. Heaslip

9. Easterbunny

10. Big Phil

11. Hickie

12. Darce

13. BOD

14. Shaggy

15. The Swerve
Last edited by epaddy on March 28th, 2006, 3:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

I wouldn't change a player - I'd have to go for Blaney for his throwing in. And that team stands every chance of winning - if we can get some ball we'll score some tries.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Think I might put Byrnes in for Williams. Blaney to start too.

Subs?

16: Byrne
17. Jackman
18. Williams
19. Miller
20. O'Riordan
21. Hickey (though it'll be fat-ass league boy) :evil:
22. Lewis/Kearney (very unfair on who misses out... prob Rob to make it)
CM
Mullet

Post by CM »

Don't think Jackman has enough time to prove either his fitness or throwing. I'd put him on the bench though as he'd be a decent impact sub if we needed to chase the game.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

CM wrote:Don't think Jackman has enough time to prove either his fitness or throwing. I'd put him on the bench though as he'd be a decent impact sub if we needed to chase the game.
He's been given the last 4 or 5 years to improve his throwing - a week won't make any difference. He'd still miss the jumper at 2..... :roll:

Although, he certainly is a big-game player and has proven this time and time again with Connacht in the PP games.
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

I didnt realise he Is 29. We should invest in Blaney. Jackass as an impact sub

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Tickets in post this morning :lol:

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Ticket sales in excess of 4600...... :D

Hope the lads don't let us down.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
sewa
Mullet

Post by sewa »

Can I come?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sewa wrote:Can I come?
Sure!!! though I should warn you that the importation of Turnips into France carries a tarrif.... :wink:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Just took the time to look at all the photos on my dial up conn. Pretty neat, eh?
Can I come?
Seba, just check if you need a visa to get into the EU :lol:
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Beer Baron
Rhys Ruddock
Location: Ministry of Communications, Gary Brown Fundamenalist Supporters Front, Dublin 7

Hepworth on the bench...I hope not!

Post by Beer Baron »

Agree with the 15 the bench is a concern as someone has already said 'fat ass league boy' will probably get a spot.

I'd prefer, Kearney, Lewis, Byrnes, D.Blaney, E.Byrne, Miller and ORiordan on the bench.

We'll see! :?
'Oh miss PacMan, i'd sex that bow right off your head!'
'Eat those dots, you naughty, naughty girl!'
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Baron,

You've no backup outhalf on the bench - which is why blubber butt will get his spot. Don't think Hickey has impressed the coaches enough or Sexton had enough gametime to challenge...
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Beer Baron wrote:..'fat ass league boy'...
jezzer wrote:...blubber butt...
Am I really the only one who is a Jonny Hepworth fan?

No!! because I'm no fan of his nor a fan of his long cut out passes to nowhere or his runs to oblivion.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

i dunno, he was sharp enough last week couple of neat breaks and decent distrabuting. needs to spend more time wit tarf and learn his trade tho
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

Darce wrote:...needs to spend more time wit tarf and learn his trade tho
But why, if we want to win the HEC have we got someone in the squad that "needs to learn his trade" are there no better players anywhere?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

what d'ya mean why. coz he's showed some good glimpes already, an if we develope this guy then he could be really usefull to use in the early season games and during 6n when bod and darce aren't playing. thats why
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Uncle Mort wrote:
Darce wrote:...needs to spend more time wit tarf and learn his trade tho
But why, if we want to win the HEC have we got someone in the squad that "needs to learn his trade" are there no better players anywhere?
DOING!!! The sound of the nail being hit squarely on the head. The bleedin' HEC isn't the forum for "not-exactly-stellar-when-he played-league-in-the-second-division" imports to try their hand at the ol' union code for a few months. In case it hasn't been clear from my many posts on this topic, I am fuming about this signing. Makes a mockery of PAG (as if it was needed), happened before C&K saw what they had in the squad, doesn't improve our squad quality at all and doesn't serve anyones interest (including i believe the player, who is re-living a Henry Paul scenario).

I have nothing against the guy. He got offered a nice job and he took it. But he got put into the most important home game of the season when we were chasing a score to help secure a lucrative home QF draw with not a single minute of competitive union under his belt. And it showed. He continues to look for contact and go to ground, we haven't seen any evidence he is the second five-eights Knox favours as far as kicking and game control goes. He is a ferocious tackler and has a very soft pair of hands but that hardly qualifies him for the leg-up in the pecking order he got without earning.

Maybe he will be a great union player. i hope he is. i don't like paying CL/HEC ticket money to watch him learn the job though, while Hickey, Brown, Burke (proven union performers) are passed over.
fungalboy
Graduate

Butter fingered, Lardy Arsed...

Post by fungalboy »

jezzer wrote: But he got put into the most important home game of the season when we were chasing a score to help secure a lucrative home QF draw with not a single minute of competitive union under his belt.
:?: Thought he played in the CL against the Gunners befor he was thrown to the sharks against Bath. I only remember 'cos he dropped the ball four times in the first half. Maybe the shape of the Gilbert was different to that of the Mitre/Puma ones he was used to in League. A mistake we can all understand an emphithise with I'm sure...
Having said that he has improved and hopefully will continue to do so but still can't understand how Gary Brown is being kept out of the loop...
"They play a running game, we play a running game..." Sky Sports Two 23/1/06
"There is only one Girve the Swerve..." Sky Sports Two 31/3/06
"What disappointment? We did everything we could do tonight..." Newstalk 106 26/5/06
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Browner would be best off makin the long journey south this summer. and Deccy loved him last year.