HEC Opponent watch

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Re: HEC Opponent watch

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Oldschool wrote:Were France to go home earlier from the WC than us, would this give their HEC teams an advantage and does the reverse apply?
Glasgow and Embra will be flipping brilliant this year !!!
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
Oldschool wrote:Were France to go home earlier from the WC than us, would this give their HEC teams an advantage and does the reverse apply?
Glasgow and Embra will be flipping brilliant this year !!!
Well seeing as Robinson decided in his wisdom to pull several key players from Magner League duty back in March, they're certainly going to be fresh! :D
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Just saw a bloke wearing a Bath shirt. Poor b$&%@#d
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

berniemac67 wrote:Just saw a bloke wearing a Bath shirt. Poor b$&%@#d
Think they're in the bargain bin on rugbystore.co.uk and lovell-rugby.co.uk along with the teams now departed from Kiwistan
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Donny B. wrote: Well there's not going to be any club rugby played after the quarter-finals until the tournament is over, so they won't have the games to bed the internationals back in.
T14 does, I believe. They've this weekend off and then a full fixture list each weekend until the HEC opening round. T14 doesn't really have room to take many weekends off with every team playing at least 26 matches.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ceemec wrote:
Donny B. wrote: Well there's not going to be any club rugby played after the quarter-finals until the tournament is over, so they won't have the games to bed the internationals back in.
T14 does, I believe. They've this weekend off and then a full fixture list each weekend until the HEC opening round. T14 doesn't really have room to take many weekends off with every team playing at least 26 matches.
Yeah you're right. Weird. Does give them a nice little advantage if the French go out this week.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

ceemec wrote:
Biarritz are playing a friendly against Spain in Madrid at half four on Saturday
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

I heard montpellier lost 12 players to the rugby world cup. Anyone know how many were French? i.e. How many they havnt got back yet?
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

bluemagic wrote:I heard montpellier lost 12 players to the rugby world cup. Anyone know how many were French? i.e. How many they havnt got back yet?
just the two I think. Trinh-Duc and Ouedrago
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

cormac wrote:
bluemagic wrote:I heard montpellier lost 12 players to the rugby world cup. Anyone know how many were French? i.e. How many they havnt got back yet?
just the two I think. Trinh-Duc and Ouedrago
jaysus, they'll be nicely rested when they get back :o
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

madridlion wrote:
ceemec wrote:
Biarritz are playing a friendly against Spain in Madrid at half four on Saturday
Currie Cup still on too.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Montpellier get back to winning ways with a win last night away to Bayonne as a few of their WC players return. The one positive of France reaching the final is that Montpellier's two best players, Trinh-Duc and Ouedraogo, won't be back with their sides until as late as possible. They're a different side with those two playing and in form. You would have to think that they'll only get one game with Montpellier before the HEC begins.
Call99
Beginner

Post by Call99 »

its also a pity we have them first up as if we played them a couple of games into the HC and results hadnt gone their way they may have refocused on the top14(Which they are struggling in) and held off playing big hitters in the HC using them in the league exclusively.-on a side note looking foward to seeing how Heaslip,O Brien and co handle Georgodze!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Call99. The answer I believe is "Carefully"
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

With all their WC exiles back, what kind (as in strongest selection) of team could Montpellier put out against us?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Montpellier's game against Lyon appears to have been cancelled today due to an outbreak of mumps throughout the region. It means that Montpellier go into the HEC with no games for Trinh-Duc or Ouedraogo for some time. The more I look at their pack, the more I see this as being a big task. Gorgodze, Remy Martin and Ouedraogo is an excellent backrow and the likes of Privat gives them a strong engine room. We'll need to have our wits about us.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ceemec wrote:Montpellier's game against Lyon appears to have been cancelled today due to an outbreak of mumps throughout the region. It means that Montpellier go into the HEC with no games for Trinh-Duc or Ouedraogo for some time. The more I look at their pack, the more I see this as being a big task. Gorgodze, Remy Martin and Ouedraogo is an excellent backrow and the likes of Privat gives them a strong engine room. We'll need to have our wits about us.
Jaysus! Do we need to bring hazmat suits with us next week? :?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:
ceemec wrote:Montpellier's game against Lyon appears to have been cancelled today due to an outbreak of mumps throughout the region. It means that Montpellier go into the HEC with no games for Trinh-Duc or Ouedraogo for some time. The more I look at their pack, the more I see this as being a big task. Gorgodze, Remy Martin and Ouedraogo is an excellent backrow and the likes of Privat gives them a strong engine room. We'll need to have our wits about us.
Jaysus! Do we need to bring hazmat suits with us next week? :?
Will if even go ahead?
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Match is in Lyon so is the outbreak there?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

The problem is with the Lyon team, I believe.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish