HEC Opponent watch

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ceemec
Shane Jennings

Re: HEC Opponent watch

Post by ceemec »

The outbreak is in the Lyon region and squad but it has spread and there are 3 of the Top 14 fixtures cancelled this weekend. I'm sure next week will continue unabated.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Bath lost to Quinns today 13-26
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ceemec wrote:The outbreak is in the Lyon region and squad but it has spread and there are 3 of the Top 14 fixtures cancelled this weekend. I'm sure next week will continue unabated.
Phew!
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Scott wrote:Bath lost to Quinns today 13-26
Quinns have been seriously impressive since O'Shea moved in and took control. If only we had him working with an Irish province (i'm thinking Munster as I'm not a fan of ol' Tony) or in the national set up.

Going to be some test of Eric Elwood's men heading to the Stoop at the weekend. Still I think/hope they could do something special.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

6-3 to Bath after 25 minutes. Bath are certainly on top but it's a fairly poor game thus far. Glasgow are very average and Bath not having to do anything to earn their territory. Moody, Donald, Banahan should make Bath a better side when they're involved. We should really be looking to beat this Glasgow side well next week.
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

Can't find a stream for Bath v Glasgow :evil:
Would be interested in anybody's comments who sees the game - that seems primarily you Ceemec :wink:. Especially backrow, breakdown and defence. As I said in the match thread, will we meet a better backrow in our group than Montpelier's?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

FourMasters wrote:Can't find a stream for Bath v Glasgow :evil:
Would be interested in anybody's comments who sees the game - that seems primarily you Ceemec :wink:. Especially backrow, breakdown and defence. As I said in the match thread, will we meet a better backrow in our group than Montpelier's?

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9181 ... rugby.html
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Glasgow hit back to lead 9-6 at break. Berdos is letting sides away with murder in terms of slowing ball down. Found his whistle in final 5 minutes. Poor game but Gray is so good it's scary. He tackles and handles like an openside. Bath have had about 65% of possession and a lot of territory but can't make it count. Donald will make a difference to them. They're easy to defend against at the moment. Abendanon is a live wire from 15. Reminds me of Nacewa and will need to be shut down tightly.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Backrows are breaking even. Berdos dictating things. Louw seems half interested. Thought he'd be a great signing. Neither side generating much good, quick ball but that's due to Berdos letting sides kill it. Defending is solid but Bath are finding gaps when they move the ball. Biggs and Abendanon are great runners. If they played with a little more patience and structure they'd be in front. Glasgow getting a few rubs of green and some scrum penalties when under pressure. Richie Gray tackling like a mad man and disrupting Bath line out hugely. Bath getting sucked into a tight, dog fight which will suit the Weegies all day long with the size of their lads like Gray and Kellock.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

ceemec wrote:
Backrows are breaking even. Berdos dictating things. Louw seems half interested. Thought he'd be a great signing. Neither side generating much good, quick ball but that's due to Berdos letting sides kill it. Defending is solid but Bath are finding gaps when they move the ball. Biggs and Abendanon are great runners. If they played with a little more patience and structure they'd be in front. Glasgow getting a few rubs of green and some scrum penalties when under pressure. Richie Gray tackling like a mad man and disrupting Bath line out hugely. Bath getting sucked into a tight, dog fight which will suit the Weegies all day long with the size of their lads like Gray and Kellock.
Both teams don't look great IMO, no cutting edge in attack at all
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

On the evidence of the first 40, Montpellier will fancy their chances next week. 61% possession for Bath and they don't look like breaching the Glasgow defence too often.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

Scott wrote:

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9181 ... rugby.html
Cheers. Just found it on twomintpork as well - in time for the second half :)
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

cormac wrote:On the evidence of the first 40, Montpellier will fancy their chances next week. 61% possession for Bath and they don't look like breaching the Glasgow defence too often.
Couple of players to come into the side for next week will make a significant difference. Donald will get things moving a bit more and Banahan will give them go forward ball.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

ceemec wrote:
cormac wrote:On the evidence of the first 40, Montpellier will fancy their chances next week. 61% possession for Bath and they don't look like breaching the Glasgow defence too often.
Couple of players to come into the side for next week will make a significant difference. Donald will get things moving a bit more and Banahan will give them go forward ball.
Really not sure what difference they'll make, it's their gameplan that's the problem.
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

`Cripes. Glasgow fullback strolls through a gap the width of a barn :mrgreen: . "It was as if the seas just parted" says the commentator. Quite.
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

ceemec wrote:
Is Banahan injured? World Cup Winner Stephen Donald still not on with 15 minutes to go.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Banahan was injured in the warm-up
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

cormac wrote:Banahan was injured in the warm-up
Thanks.

And on comes Donald.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

what a poxy try to win the game. Glasgow 26-21 Bath
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

cormac wrote:what a poxy try to win the game. Glasgow 26-21 Bath
Loved it :lol: Particularly as I didn't mind which of these teams won, apart from a wish to see the Scots climb out of their general rugby quagmire of the past few years.