Donny B. wrote:
johng wrote: I just don't know how Dave Cahill tolerates you. :roll:
You got it all wrong, I tolerate him! :D
I always thought he was a nice bloke. Must have misjudged him. :shock:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Scarlets v Leinster thread

Post by Donny B. »

And just for those who say I always slag off the ref, I thought John Lacey had another excellent game tonight. Was consistent at the breakdown and wasn't intimidated by the home crowd. :clap:
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Guts, determination & a will to win, great display lads! For those there, enjoy The Cat to ight you deserve it. Fantastic support. The road is back on the show! Allez Les Blues!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Great result considering the number of players missing. How many penalties were there? It seemed like it was penalty after penalty.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Wasn't expecting a positive result given tbh......delighted with the result.....Well played the troops in Llanelli......I'd say the pints in "the Cat" taste particularly sweet!+
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

On Scarlet Fever, they're talking about (braindead) prop Rhys Thomas being cited for a punch. Anyone know what they're talking about?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

If anyone told me that after 10 teams had played 4 games there would be 3 Irish provinces at the top of the league. I would never have believed Leinster would be the odd one out. :shock:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

johng wrote:Very sad to loose our 3 year league match home record last week. This away win does not make up for it, but helps on the table.
Here's the thing though, if we hadn't had lost last week, I guarantee we wouldn't have won tonight!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

We have Aironi at home next week. Get through that and we've Connacht at home the following week. Hopefully the injury crisis will have eased somewhat by then and the likes of Sykes and Shaggy will be back in contention. All in all, I'm fairly happy with how we are coming through what must be the single biggest case of a squad being depleted since the inception of the Celtic League.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ceemec wrote:We have Aironi at home next week. Get through that and we've Connacht at home the following week. Hopefully the injury crisis will have eased somewhat by then and the likes of Sykes and Shaggy will be back in contention. All in all, I'm fairly happy with how we are coming through what must be the single biggest case of a squad being depleted since the inception of the Celtic League.
Connacht are flying though. The only team in the league not to be badly affected by the WC callups. Would not put it past them to y'know, do the unthinkable.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

johng wrote: Connacht are flying though. The only team in the league not to be badly affected by the WC callups. Would not put it past them to y'know, do the unthinkable.
Nope, neither would I. They're playing well and always bring 20% extra against us. Hopefully we'll have Sykes for that match.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ceemec wrote:We have Aironi at home next week. Get through that and we've Connacht at home the following week. Hopefully the injury crisis will have eased somewhat by then and the likes of Sykes and Shaggy will be back in contention. All in all, I'm fairly happy with how we are coming through what must be the single biggest case of a squad being depleted since the inception of the Celtic League.
If we can still come through with four wins from six in the first phase despite all the absentees, I'll personally buy Joey S a pint.

Those who are familiar with my scabbiness know this is no small gesture! :wink:
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Isa MOM which was fair enough but thought Strauss was even better, after a dodgy start and some poor throws in the line-out. He must have got us at least 3 "holding on" pens at the breakdown.
Great result in a dreadful game, cancels out last week as i didn't think we'd win this.
Dont Panic!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dexter wrote:Isa MOM which was fair enough but thought Strauss was even better, after a dodgy start and some poor throws in the line-out. He must have got us at least 3 "holding on" pens at the breakdown.
Agree on Strauss as MOM. Was the best he's played all season, a return to last year's form.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Donny B. wrote:On Scarlet Fever, they're talking about (braindead) prop Rhys Thomas being cited for a punch. Anyone know what they're talking about?
To be honest, I don't think they really know what they're talking about. Pre-match they seriously underestimated our front five, our front row for example would be one of the better ones in the Magners League, and our second row had experience to burn (Toner for example has two HEC medals on his mantle)
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Donny B. wrote:On Scarlet Fever, they're talking about (braindead) prop Rhys Thomas being cited for a punch. Anyone know what they're talking about?
To be honest, I don't think they really know what they're talking about. Pre-match they seriously underestimated our front five, our front row for example would be one of the better ones in the Magners League, and our second row had experience to burn (Toner for example has two HEC medals on his mantle)
I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke post or not.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Danthefan wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke post or not.

How is it a joke post? Heinke Van Der Merwe is a Springbok and was a key player for us last season, Strauss is the best hooker in the northern hemisphere and White is a very experienced player who left as captain of Waikato. Browne has played in the AP and the Top 14 as well as 60 odd times for Connacht and Toner, perhaps our fourth choice lock, is an Irish International with two HECs, a Magners League and over 70 caps for Leinster. What in particular struck you as odd? Surely anyone taking that front five lightly is showing a certain ignorance of the personnel involved?
I have Bumbleflex
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

Toner has been appalling this season, Browne is a very ordinary player, Strauss has been nowhere near as good as last season for example. Our tight five has been ordinary at absolute best this season.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

It was early enough if I recall correctly. Off the ball, from the angle I couldn't see who he punched. I remember calling him a scumbag, but haven't seen a replay yet.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Danthefan wrote:Toner has been appalling this season, Browne is a very ordinary player, Strauss has been nowhere near as good as last season for example. Our tight five has been ordinary at absolute best this season.
I'm a fan of Toner but unfortunately have to agree about both second rows. Toner improved in the second half yesterday but generally he's been pretty poor this season. Still don't see why we signed Browne. If we'd signed another top class second row or another of Sykes' ilk as well then I wouldn't mind but I think we're relying too much on a very average player.

Great guts by the guys yesterday. Not much to get excited about but very proud of the effort they put in.