Post by Donny B. »

Scott wrote:
Hornet wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Yeah it's at home

British & Irish Cup semi-finals, April 6-8

Semi-final 1: Leinster 'A' v Munster 'A'
Semi-final 2: Cross Keys V Cornish Pirates
That's good. That's another game to look forward to. Thanks for the heads up DB. Lazy net surfing on my behalf!
Sat ko at 1 would be sweet. Then to the pub for the Edinburgh Toulouse game then off to the main event
No worries Hornet.

Yeah Scott, that would be sweet alright but I've a feeling it will a Friday night KO this time. A Sunday KO would clash with the Munster-Ulster match.

Just remembered the Friday is Good Friday. No booze but would be something to do and might attract a bigger crowd actually.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: British & Irish Cup 2011-12

Post by cormac »

Friday or Monday are the likeliest days given the other games on the Saturday and Sunday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

No mega Saturday i had hoped for but this could be even better tbh. Something to do on good friday

The B&I Cup semi-final between Leinster 'A' and Munster 'A' will take place at the RDS, Dublin on Good Friday, 6th April ko 6pm.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scott wrote:No mega Saturday i had hoped for but this could be even better tbh. Something to do on good friday

The B&I Cup semi-final between Leinster 'A' and Munster 'A' will take place at the RDS, Dublin on Good Friday, 6th April ko 6pm.
Bring your own cans?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

johng wrote:
Scott wrote:No mega Saturday i had hoped for but this could be even better tbh. Something to do on good friday

Bring your own cans?

One for each of the Stations. Can i get an amen!!!
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Perfect! :D

A nice warm-up for the big game the next day!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

No chance that this game is free in for STH?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hornet wrote:No chance that this game is free in for STH?
Hopefully, but as it's a knock-out game they might charge in. Hopefully it's free to get as big a crowd as possible in.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

They should get the morketshing crew onto this. I know it's not the senior team, but it's a big game, I reckon you could pack Donnybrook for it. I'd say they'll be pretty strong lineups too. Really looking forward to this match.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Hopefully they do market it right. The Donnybrook quarter was pretty good attendance wise. I'd love to see most of the RDS packed. They should do something for STHs, like fiver in and fiver for your mates ticket too etc., etc. It'll hard to fill the place on Good Friday...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Donny B. wrote:
Hornet wrote:No chance that this game is free in for STH?
Hopefully, but as it's a knock-out game they might charge in. Hopefully it's free to get as big a crowd as possible in.
Actually the more I think about this, they probably will insist on tickets for this, just in case they get too big a crowd coming, what with nothing else to do on Good Friday. Hopefully it'll be only a tenner or something.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:what with nothing else to do on Good Friday. Hopefully it'll be only a tenner or something.
Not a legal expert on drinking regs I wonder if as private clubs will Old Wesley & Bective be able to serve?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

TerenureJim wrote:
Donny B. wrote:what with nothing else to do on Good Friday. Hopefully it'll be only a tenner or something.
Not a legal expert on drinking regs I wonder if as private clubs will Old Wesley & Bective be able to serve?

Would be a bit of a walk
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scott wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:

Would be a bit of a walk
Donnybrook is 5 mins walk closer to me. :)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:
Don't bank on it. Once there's a public game they won't be opening their bar. Too much hassle. Anyway, Good Friday is the biggest night of the year for house parties.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Donny B. wrote: Anyway, Good Friday is the biggest night of the year for house parties.
What time should we arrive, Donny?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jezzer wrote:
Donny B. wrote: Anyway, Good Friday is the biggest night of the year for house parties.
Oh I've just heard that it is. Never get invited to them myself! :(
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Donny B. wrote:
jezzer wrote:
Oh I've just heard that it is. Never get invited to them myself! :(
Awww! That's just the tragicest thing ever. :(
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Word on boards that this game is being played in the RDS...any truth to this? I hope not, been a long long time since I got to spend a Friday night in donnybrook. Either way I'd say there'll be a massive crowd, I'd say it'd fill Donnybrook.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Leinster Zulu
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinster Zulu »

[Jackass] wrote:Word on boards that this game is being played in the RDS...any truth to this? I hope not, been a long long time since I got to spend a Friday night in donnybrook. Either way I'd say there'll be a massive crowd, I'd say it'd fill Donnybrook.
Should be played before the QF at Lansdowne, GAA style.