Leinster hit back in blue row with Dubs

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Dublin GAA v Leinster Rugby

Post by TerenureJim »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:I thought it was directed at the Smurfs. Little people who can't fught back
Oh they can fight back just ask Gargamel, he'll tell ya
Amz
Mullet

Re: Leinster hit back in blue row with Dubs

Post by Amz »

It would amuse me greatly if all Leinster fans, who are also Dublin GAA fans, wore their Leinster jersey to Croke Park for a particular game.

Apart from anything else, it would show the county board that there can be a crossover with supporters.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

haha didn't have a ticket to the final but wore my Leinster jersey to the big tree and out afterwards. Funny enough, don't know about the game, but there were LOADS of people in Leinster jerseys out that night celebrating the win. Of course there's a cross over, I would consider myself a fan of, and attends game of, at least 5 sporting teams (Leinster #1 by far, but also Dublin GAA, Shelbourne which is occasional in fairness, couple of times a season, and when I lived abroad, Toronto Maple Leafs and Buffalo Bills) but went to games of all, and love reading / watching / attending games involving all of these teams.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Funny thing a mate of mine is a huge dubs fan and goes to all the games but he also comes along to the odd Leinster game when he can and by hook or by crook got himself to both the '09 and '11 finals. We also took a €400 taxi ride across half of the south of France to take in the Toulouse semi final in '10. All games he proudly wore his Dubs jersey to!

Same mate also drags me, happily, along to the odd Dubs game. Haven't a notion of the rules as never played in school etc but fun summer days out all the same.

Guess my point is where's the beef? Both sports organizations can live and grow together IMO
stephenk

Post by stephenk »

well at least we can rest assured Dublin wouldn't stoop so low as to blatantly sacrifice their 'unique sporting hue' for purely commercial gains....

Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Amz wrote:It would amuse me greatly if all Leinster fans, who are also Dublin GAA fans, wore their Leinster jersey to Croke Park for a particular game.

Apart from anything else, it would show the county board that there can be a crossover with supporters.
You could also show a sort of 'crossover' between the two, by deciding to call yourselves the "Girls in Blue", no? :lol:
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

If Dublin GAA want to make an issue of something that is not an issue to begin with, they will lose a lot of people in the Dublin area that have a lot of good will toward Dublin and get behing them after the rugby season ends. I am not a supporter, but would get dehind Dublin. If you start telling me that Dublin owns blue, and it is GAA country, I'm sorry but that will put me and many right off.

Given that it is a pass time of the rest of the country to laugh out loud at each and every dublin failing, I would think Dublin GAA needs as many none Dublin friends as it can get.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

I see Pat Gilroy is finally talking some sense about this whole thing.

In the Indo today:

Gilroy believes Dublin should not be getting caught up in a sparring match with Leinster rugby after inferences were made to it in the report. "I think the day of getting distracted looking at other sports is gone. I think we should concentrate on doing the best we can and looking after ourselves.

"What Leinster have done, you would have to admire it and maybe we can learn from it."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic- ... 45771.html

Btw, the Dublin County Board want to win the All-Ireland every three years. Cause, y'know, you can just schedule these things...
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Apocrypha wrote:
Amz wrote:It would amuse me greatly if all Leinster fans, who are also Dublin GAA fans, wore their Leinster jersey to Croke Park for a particular game.

You could also show a sort of 'crossover' between the two, by deciding to call yourselves the "Girls in Blue", no? :lol:

hmm, you do realize we're champions of europe, and you failed to get out of a fairly easy group... this reminds me of the episode of Fr Ted where after losing the eurovision entry competition Fr Cyril McDuff doesn't know he's the loser and tries to jeer Dougal.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

slum wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:

hmm, you do realize we're champions of europe, and you failed to get out of a fairly easy group... this reminds me of the episode of Fr Ted where after losing the eurovision entry competition Fr Cyril McDuff doesn't know he's the loser and tries to jeer Dougal.

Resistence is futile ......... I just couldn't but ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYzVMcgWhg
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP