Leinster hit back in blue row with Dubs

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simplythebest
Enlightened

Re: Leinster hit back in blue row with Dubs

Post by simplythebest »

Why don't the GAA go suck on a disco stick. Leinster officially adopted Blue in 1880. The Grab All Association was only founded in 1884.
Bunch of blow-ins trying to throw their weight around. Baa humbug.
LEINSTER pour toujours
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

While I am dismayed, but not completely surprised by the stupidity of the report. One of the more worrying sections of it is this bit which I took from thescore's comments:
The educational sectors capacity to provide games and physical activity has been negatively affected by factors such as:
> The lower number of males entering primary school teaching.
> The reduced involvement of the Religious Orders in the management of schools.
> Greater emphasis on academic results in schools.
> Greater obligations on schools in terms of health, safety and child protection.
How bloody backward can an organisation get?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Amz wrote:While I am dismayed, but not completely surprised by the stupidity of the report. One of the more worrying sections of it is this bit which I took from thescore's comments:
The educational sectors capacity to provide games and physical activity has been negatively affected by factors such as:
> Greater obligations on schools in terms of health, safety and child protection.
We had a great GAA team at our school. The Christian brothers would beat the skills into you .....it was hilarious and provides many a funny evening when we all meet up to discuss old times ahhhhhh
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

When are the local bods in Wicklow, Longford and Laois GAA releasing their reports claiming they're the real boys in blue?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Leinster Exile wrote: We had a great GAA team at our school. The Christian brothers would beat the skills into you .....it was hilarious and provides many a funny evening when we all meet up to discuss old times ahhhhhh
I also attended a CBS although I'm not sure that group therapy constitutes us meeting up do discuss old times. :wink:
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

cormac wrote:When are the local bods in Wicklow, Longford and Laois GAA releasing their reports claiming they're the real boys in blue?
Good point.

Indo hack makes a monday morning story out of a boring county level GAA document. Its only right for that particluar county board to look at whats going on around them. Its not to rob supporters from other sports, but keeping up with the marketing/projection of their own "brand", keeping an eye on what works and what does not, and currently Leinster Branch is doing a superb job!

We are European Champions and were as recently as 2 years ago, They are All Ireland Champions and were as recently as...well awhile :wink: now is the time to build easy!

We are getting the potential out of our core support base, and rolling it in on the big days - the Dubs seem to really max out the big days, but apart from jersey sales I think they could tap their core base a wee bit more. Example being how making the match day experience more enjoyable for a family rather than the 18 to 30 going on the lash gang, drove our support on a nicely.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Just a thought for the Dublin county board but maybe football GAA style and Hurling doesn't appeal to todays sports fans. Particularly in cosmopolitan Dublin. There is no pan European competition and the Rules series is a farce played between just 2 teams.
3 Gold Stars
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Move on, nothing to see here......
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

olaf the fat wrote:Good point.

Indo hack makes a monday morning story out of a boring county level GAA document. Its only right for that particluar county board to look at whats going on around them. Its not to rob supporters from other sports, but keeping up with the marketing/projection of their own "brand", keeping an eye on what works and what does not, and currently Leinster Branch is doing a superb job!

We are European Champions and were as recently as 2 years ago, They are All Ireland Champions and were as recently as...well awhile :wink: now is the time to build easy!

We are getting the potential out of our core support base, and rolling it in on the big days - the Dubs seem to really max out the big days, but apart from jersey sales I think they could tap their core base a wee bit more. Example being how making the match day experience more enjoyable for a family rather than the 18 to 30 going on the lash gang, drove our support on a nicely.
Perish the thought but they could have approached Leinster rugby to learn from the successful marketing team and maybe we could have had an opportunity to have a little cross-sport synergy. There's no reason kids can't play GAA in the summer and rugby in the winter and the goal should have been increasing participation in sports as a whole not taking a pop at a fellow Irish based sport which is less of a threat and more an opportunity. Unlike soccer. There are still probably more people in Dublin going around with Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Celtic jerseys than Leinster jerseys.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Who are the "Boys in Blue"

Post by brotheroffrank »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic- ... 34279.html

Strange the GAA didn't also add that there was a "subliminal" message from Leinster Rugby.....by demonstrating the path to being winners! If the GAA heads that wrote this document realised that they might even thank us!

Anyone else agree?

C'Mon ye Boys in Blue
sontaran man
Knowledgeable

Post by sontaran man »

Think the GAA would be better generating more interest and more gates for their own sports rather than blaming "percieved" rivals.
Normally sporting events are televised due to a huge demand i.e. a full house that could have stuffed 1,000's more in.
GAA on TV generally has about 20-100 people in the ground yet makes it onto telly (WFT????).
I wonder how popular GAA would be if it had to stand on its own 2 feet with other sports, and without the nationalist sentiment it has aways had to prop it up.
leinster rugby .............The Lion goes from strength to strength
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sontaran man wrote:Think the GAA would be better generating more interest and more gates for their own sports rather than blaming "percieved" rivals.
Normally sporting events are televised due to a huge demand i.e. a full house that could have stuffed 1,000's more in.
GAA on TV generally has about 20-100 people in the ground yet makes it onto telly (WFT????).
I wonder how popular GAA would be if it had to stand on its own 2 feet with other sports, and without the nationalist sentiment it has aways had to prop it up.
WFT ?? indeed :P
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

They should stop their players and fans beating the lard out referees and each other along with teaching their players to have some semblance of respect for the officials and the laws, and it may encourage parents to allow their children to play the game.
Get in the f%~king bag.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Slipper1 wrote:They should stop their players and fans beating the lard out referees and each other.
True dat. I always remember some wag writing about the filming of the Normandy landings in Saving Private Ryan at Curracloe; saying that Spielberg should have used the GAA instead of the FCA as the bloodshed would have been more authentic; there was after being killings at a couple of matches the previous weekend.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

sontaran man wrote:Think the GAA would be better generating more interest and more gates for their own sports rather than blaming "percieved" rivals.

They have form in this regard. Their behaviour in conjunction with Thomas Davis GAA in relation to Tallaght stadium was appalling. A campaign coincidentally backed by none other than that pillar(ahem) of the community Mr Tom Humphries.
3 Gold Stars
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I'm a rugby AND GAA fan. It's possible to like more than one sport, I guess someone should inform the Dublin board of this.

Their comments are an absolute dig from start to finish and in very bad taste.

They must be reeling from the success of rugby in this country as the "only professional sport" as they collect EUR40+ from 80,000 punters on All-Ireland final day, and don't pay the players.

It was during this crazy celtic tiger that they got the grants off the Government and free spending of punters to build their headquarters too.

And the Leinster provence has worn a blue jersey since the 1800's.

Absolutely bizzare, and obviously threatend. Which pleases me, as it confirms how far Leinster have come and how the support is growing so massively. But linking Leinster with Dublin alone is quite annoying. I don't understand the motivation for these comments.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Sure aren’t most of the GAA heads in Dublin culchies recently settled up in the big smoke or one generation off the road and therefore they probably support Munster! :lol:

May or may not be entirely true!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Amz wrote:While I am dismayed, but not completely surprised by the stupidity of the report. One of the more worrying sections of it is this bit which I took from thescore's comments:

AWEsome
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

sarah_lennon wrote:

AWEsome
They may have a point about emphasis on academic results, the others sound like a crock to me. But a focus on the leaving cert to the detriment of education, health, knowledge, development, skills, problem solving, critical thinking etc. etc. really is a problem.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

***Leinster hit back in blue row with Dubs***

Post by sarah_lennon »

Please note,

The decision has been made to pull this whole thread while the mods discuss parts of the thread as being potentially libellous. I hope that all or most of the thread will be back online soon.

Any comments / questions can be directed to me by PM or placed in the feedback thread. I'd ask that people who know what I'm referring to don't repeat the posts in question while we discuss them. Thanks

Sarah
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4