Leinster books

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
Oldschool
Cian Healy
Posts: 12851
Joined: March 27th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Re: Leinster books

Post by Oldschool »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Finished Leo's book last night. Excellent read. I was surprised because these books are normally poor, but I enjoyed this one.
On about page 120 at the mo. Enjoying it too.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.

User avatar
bluemagic
Enlightened
Posts: 799
Joined: February 26th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Re: Leinster books

Post by bluemagic »

Oldschool wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:Finished Leo's book last night. Excellent read. I was surprised because these books are normally poor, but I enjoyed this one.
On about page 120 at the mo. Enjoying it too.
I was really dissapointed with it, thought it was poorly written, dont want to spoil anything so ill just say the final was really poorly done IMO
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****

User avatar
johng
Devin Toner
Posts: 18397
Joined: March 23rd, 2009, 11:37 pm
Location: Behind You!!

Re: Leinster books

Post by johng »

Wow. I thought that was the best bit. :o

Great idea I thought. Never seen it done.

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Leinster books

Post by Donny B. »

bluemagic wrote:
Oldschool wrote:
Grumpy Old Man wrote:Finished Leo's book last night. Excellent read. I was surprised because these books are normally poor, but I enjoyed this one.
On about page 120 at the mo. Enjoying it too.
I was really dissapointed with it, thought it was poorly written, dont want to spoil anything so ill just say the final was really poorly done IMO
I disagree, I loved 'the final through the scrums' bit. Not sure what people were expecting from it, but I enjoyed it.

User avatar
Hippo
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2066
Joined: January 16th, 2007, 1:48 pm
Location: D4. Yes, D4.

Re: Leinster books

Post by Hippo »

Me too. Overall the book had a few too many exclamation marks! but was an enjoyable read. Loved the few EOS references too.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan

User avatar
Mauler
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3107
Joined: February 8th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Location: Building The Wall

Re: Leinster books

Post by Mauler »

Donny B. wrote:I disagree, I loved 'the final through the scrums' bit. Not sure what people were expecting from it, but I enjoyed it.
Yeah, it was a good idea to do the final through the scrums. However, what I was hoping the book migh reveal was some insight into the dressing room, the characters, the personalities of Leo's current and former teammates and a sense that he was sharing with us some 'secrects' behind what happened to change Leinster from also-rans to two time H Cup winners.

Briefly he tells us what he or Dylan Hartley said to their teams during the Final, but there is not enough of that. I suppose it will appeal to the vast majority of Leinster fans who are happy enough just going to games every couple of weeks in the RDS, but I would have loved more. But I guess its very difficult to write a book like this while still playing and with the team.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty

User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Leinster books

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

The book was OK, nothing more nothing less. Didn't reveal a whole lot. I thought his deferential nodding to the Turnips throughout was tiresome.
3 Gold Stars

User avatar
Scott
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2996
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:24 pm

Re: Leinster books

Post by Scott »

Leo's book was meh to grand. Read it over christmas and to be honest i cant remember most of it. The best i can say for it was it was easy to follow unlike Jackmans which was all over the shop.

Delight to hear O'Driscoll confirm that he will not release his book until he has retired & am happy that Kimmage is writing it. He gets the best out of his interviewees imo.
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan

Post Reply