A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by mildlyinterested »

Mickado wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:When will molecast return?

It's back, I listened to the latest episode there on Saturday morning. It's veddy good.
excelllent
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Mickado wrote:

It's back, I listened to the latest episode there on Saturday morning. It's veddy good.
To be found where?
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

I use the podcast addict app, I just searched for Molecast and was able to subscribe from there. I refreshed my subscriptions and it downloaded the latest episode when it was available.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Mickado wrote:I use the podcast addict app, I just searched for Molecast and was able to subscribe from there. I refreshed my subscriptions and it downloaded the latest episode when it was available.
This, to this and your previous comment. It did not work for me last season though and would only ever find the rss for a sweedish pianist (which, in fairness could be one of the Moles), even when a friend shared a link to the podcast. So I had to use soundcloud to listen to the wonderful sounds of tea cups, beer bottles and rugby discussion.

Edit: in case i was unclear, it works fine for me on podcast addict.
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/sound ... sounds.rss
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Peg Leg wrote:
Mickado wrote:I use the podcast addict app, I just searched for Molecast and was able to subscribe from there. I refreshed my subscriptions and it downloaded the latest episode when it was available.
This, to this and your previous comment. It did not work for me last season though and would only ever find the rss for a sweedish pianist (which, in fairness could be one of the Moles), even when a friend shared a link to the podcast. So I had to use soundcloud to listen to the wonderful sounds of tea cups, beer bottles and rugby discussion.

Edit: in case i was unclear, it works fine for me on podcast addict.
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/sound ... sounds.rss

Thanks to both Mikado and Peg Leg. Just had a listen to the latest episode and enjoyed it very much. That'll fill the gap that the apparent demise of the Hard Yards had created.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

It's back - on a fortnightly basis to begin with.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

A good listen with some fascinating segues (is that how you spell it?) but essentially 3 guys with excellent rugby knowledge and no political angles.
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Post by macboomba »

1014 Rugby on Youtube is worth a go. Focuses more on the international game especially the Southern Hemisphere but some of the shows go into depth on tactics and the minutiae of the game.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

hugonaut wrote:
It's back - on a fortnightly basis to begin with.
fantastic.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

The repeated pained (and accurate) complaints of journalists asking stupid and undemanding questions at press conferences was a joy to listen to. Been a bugbear of mine for ages. To quote the mole: "It's thick. It's just dense. Such a STUPID effing question!"
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

I had a listen to Murray Kinsella's new podcast on the42.ie. It's good. Andy Dunne is on with him. You'd know it was their first hit out though - they forgot to mention Ulster. Any road it'll fill the gap left by the unfortunate demise of the Hard Yards. I emailed Andy McGeady to find out what the story was. He replied the check signers pulled the plug during the summer without giving any explanation. A pity, as it was an excellent show.
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

I see Murray hasn't been on Eir lately either on their weekly round-up show or on this own show which was on a couple of times.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

nc6000 wrote:I see Murray hasn't been on Eir lately either on their weekly round-up show or on this own show which was on a couple of times.
Back next week according to the presenter if the Pro14 hour on wednesday
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
nc6000 wrote:I see Murray hasn't been on Eir lately either on their weekly round-up show or on this own show which was on a couple of times.
Back next week according to the presenter if the Pro14 hour on wednesday
Thanks. I must have missed him saying that.
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

award winning journalist G.Thornley credited with shocking revelation from tonight's game :- "The evening began with the two teams walking out to a predominantly blue backdrop, albeit free Leinster flags had clearly been stationed in the lower tier". expect sanctions from IRB to follow.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

Amazing how his report in Monday's irish Times has been edited down compared to online piece available on Saturday night which was more critical of Leinster and Lowe's penalty celebrations and Munster being robbed by the ref!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This is some sh!te even for a Daily Mail Jouno:
Conor Murray can’t keep injury riddle secret... Munster and Ireland have a duty to inform their paying public

Munster have refused to clarify what injury Conor Murray has suffered
There's a vague understanding he has a neck problem, but it is not confirmed
Irish rugby is gripped by feverish speculation about the player's condition
The 29-year-old is demanding secrecy, which has opened up a moral maze

By Chris Foy for the Daily Mail

Published: 22:33, 7 October 2018 | Updated: 00:07, 8 October 2018

When the question duly came, about the Conor Murray mystery, it was dismissed once again. 'I can't comment on Conor,' said Munster's director of rugby, Johann van Graan.

That was the awkward response to the latest enquiry, on Saturday night, after the southern province had been beaten by Leinster in Dublin. There have been several such awkward exchanges already this season.

On a previous occasion, Van Graan - clearly uncomfortable about the cover-up - said: 'Upon his request, I can't comment on his injury.' Murray has asked for details about his state of fitness to remain classified.
Munster and Ireland have refused to clarify what injury Conor Murray has suffered

In doing so, he has potentially opened a large can of worms. Irish rugby is gripped by feverish speculation about his condition, while social media is awash with murky conspiracy theories.

The scrum-half is one of the country's leading players. He is a Test Lion and widely acclaimed as the best player in the world in his position. So he understands his value and is taking action to protect it. Munster and Ireland refuse to clarify what is wrong with him or how long it will take to fix it.

There is a vague understanding that he has a neck problem, but no-one is confirming that. Murray is citing the right to patient confidentiality when it comes to medical details, but it has prompted a fierce debate about where the line should be drawn, in terms of privacy for a public figure.
There is a vague understanding that Murray has a neck problem, but no-one is confirming that

At a time when he is negotiating a new contract, the 29-year-old is demanding secrecy from his employers, which has opened up a moral maze. As Munster and the IRFU pay his lavish salary, they must surely have the right to insist that doctor-patient confidentiality is superseded by a sporting organisation's duty to inform their public.

It is the public who ultimately pay the wages; by buying tickets or merchandise or TV subscriptions. In effect, their investment makes them shareholders in a team and its players. As shareholders, they are quite entitled to know if a marquee figure within the organisation is likely to participate any time soon. And Irish players also benefit from major tax rebates at the end of their careers, placing an even greater onus on them to accept the people's interest in their state-funded careers.

Munster and Ireland have marketing considerations and Murray is a box-office talisman for them. The province's 'Red Army' might be more likely to book a trip to Exeter for next weekend if they thought Murray would be playing - less so if he's not, such is his importance.

Likewise, Murray's involvement or not would have a bearing on ticket sales for Ireland v Italy in Chicago next month, or their home match against the USA a few weeks later.

This is emerging as a test case, with potentially profound repercussions. If Murray is allowed to maintain his secrecy unchallenged by his province or union, it will very soon become a global trend. If there is nothing untoward occurring, and employers do extensive fitness testing anyway, there is no reason to hide. And how on earth can it be better for Murray to subject himself to some dangerous gossip, rather than just clarify his condition?

Rugby often trumpets the need for transparency and this is pretty fundamental stuff. Who is available to play? If star player X is unavailable, why is that? The shareholders are entitled to know.
:roll:
BTW what "dangerous gossip" is he talking about?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Barry wrote:award winning journalist G.Thornley credited with shocking revelation from tonight's game :- "The evening began with the two teams walking out to a predominantly blue backdrop, albeit free Leinster flags had clearly been stationed in the lower tier". expect sanctions from IRB to follow.
He then went on about the green empty spaces outnumbering the very few patches of red.

It it's so much easier to get to Lansdowne Road than it is to Thomond Park, how come they didn't go there either?
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

A more balanced match report from the BBC than you'll find in the Irish papers:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/45749948
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

blockhead wrote:This is some sh!te even for a Daily Mail Jouno:
Conor Murray can’t keep injury riddle secret... Munster and Ireland have a duty to inform their paying public

Munster have refused to clarify what injury Conor Murray has suffered
There's a vague understanding he has a neck problem, but it is not confirmed
Irish rugby is gripped by feverish speculation about the player's condition
The 29-year-old is demanding secrecy, which has opened up a moral maze

:roll:
BTW what "dangerous gossip" is he talking about?
There's lots of rumours doing the rounds including that he is not injured at all.