A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote:You can see why a narrative like this would be pushed forward.
A light has been shone on the other 3 provinces academy's like never before.
"How come the Leinster academy is so much better than yours ?" the great unwashed ask

Change the discussion to "Well they're not better, they're just lucky. It's the posh school system giving them mint in box pro rugby players every season. We don't have that."

Next step will be looking for equal access to these posh schools for their own academy's.
There's a huge weakness in your argument.
Posh boys are soft or have you forgotten or perhaps you're a posh boy yourself and don't realise it.
Well that's Frannie's take or used to be.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Oldschool wrote: There's a huge weakness in your argument.
Posh boys are soft or have you forgotten or perhaps you're a posh boy yourself and don't realise it.
I spent a whole evening April 2009 in Limerick having everyone in every bar telling me something similar.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

The42 have added Gary Doyle to their podcast this week. Himself and Murray Kinsella are really good, much better than any other regular rugby podcasts (Molecast excluded) I've tried
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
Oldschool wrote: There's a huge weakness in your argument.
I spent a whole evening April 2009 in Limerick having everyone in every bar telling me something similar.
You're still laughing then?
(He who laughs last, laughs loudest/longest - take your pick :lol: )
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Laighin Break wrote:The42 have added Gary Doyle to their podcast this week. Himself and Murray Kinsella are really good, much better than any other regular rugby podcasts (Molecast excluded) I've tried

Demented Mole has posted a really excellent read Leinster's League
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

Is the solution an all ireland academy?
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

ribs wrote:Is the solution an all ireland academy?
No. It doesn't solve any issues, especially the biggest one: playing young players so they can transition out of the academy.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

ronk wrote:
ribs wrote:Is the solution an all ireland academy?
No. It doesn't solve any issues, especially the biggest one: playing young players so they can transition out of the academy.
Is the Killashee rugby academy not an attempt at an all Ireland academy? Anyone know how that's going BTW?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Somewhat surprised that O'Connor is allowing himself to be used as a mouthpiece like that.
I thought he was reasonably independent (appalling pun not intended), but this is obsequious sycophancy (if that is not over-egging the thesaurus).

"Four Leinster kids with a call to make:

Ciaran Frawley
Behind Johnny Sexton and Ross Byrne, with Harry Byrne now on the Ireland track after being included as a development player, Frawley has the talent to make it if he gets the opportunity.

Scott Penny
With Dan Leavy to return, Josh van der Flier the Ireland starter and Will Connors next man up, the highly regarded youngster has a big queue to consider. Given Colby Fainga’a is on his way out of Connacht, perhaps a move west would make sense.

Hugh O'Sullivan
With Luke McGrath and Jamison GIbson-Park in front of him, scrum-half O’Sullivan is being forced to be patient. With John Cooney's international commitments about to increase, perhaps Ulster would open up more opportunities.

Max Deegan
Now in the Ireland squad, Deegan knows Jack Conan will return and Caelan Doris will get better. He'd be an automatic choice in pretty much any other province."
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

curates_egg wrote:Somewhat surprised that O'Connor is allowing himself to be used as a mouthpiece like that.
I thought he was reasonably independent (appalling pun not intended), but this is obsequious sycophancy (if that is not over-egging the thesaurus).

Ciaran Frawley
Behind Johnny Sexton and Ross Byrne, with Harry Byrne now on the Ireland track after being included as a development player, Frawley has the talent to make it if he gets the opportunity.

Scott Penny
With Dan Leavy to return, Josh van der Flier the Ireland starter and Will Connors next man up, the highly regarded youngster has a big queue to consider. Given Colby Fainga’a is on his way out of Connacht, perhaps a move west would make sense.

Hugh O'Sullivan
With Luke McGrath and Jamison GIbson-Park in front of him, scrum-half O’Sullivan is being forced to be patient. With John Cooney's international commitments about to increase, perhaps Ulster would open up more opportunities.

Max Deegan
Now in the Ireland squad, Deegan knows Jack Conan will return and Caelan Doris will get better. He'd be an automatic choice in pretty much any other province."
Frawley would be no in Ulster tomorrow with a decent chance of challenging for no 1. There are 2 Skerries men there already.

HOS would not be challenging for no1, but he would be on the bench. TBH, Id say this is more an opportunity for the likes of Paddy Patterson or Cormac Foley
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

"Frawley has the talent to make it if he gets the opportunity."

He's played 7 times already this season (including 32 mins v Northampton). I honestly can't imagine that the journalist really believes he would be getting exposure like that at Munster.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

OLSC needs to organise a fan protest at a game against this.

Banners with something like "Paws off our Players"
Anyone But New Zealand
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
curates_egg wrote:Somewhat surprised that O'Connor is allowing himself to be used as a mouthpiece like that.

Ciaran Frawley

Scott Penny

Hugh O'Sullivan

Max Deegan
Frawley would be no in Ulster tomorrow with a decent chance of challenging for no 1. There are 2 Skerries men there already.

HOS would not be challenging for no1, but he would be on the bench. TBH, Id say this is more an opportunity for the likes of Paddy Patterson or Cormac Foley
Ulster have Billy Burns, Bill Johnston and Michael Lowry. Lowry has been injured but should be back around now. Don't think they need another 10.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Deegan has been involved in 13 of our 15 games if we played him anymore we would have to include him in the 'A' games.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its not about what any province needs or wants, its about what the national coach and performance director want
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

curates_egg wrote:"Frawley has the talent to make it if he gets the opportunity."

He's played 7 times already this season (including 32 mins v Northampton). I honestly can't imagine that the journalist really believes he would be getting exposure like that at Munster.
If Frawley wants an opportunity he should stay in Leinster.

He was injured at the start of the season. Between that and Ross Byrne missing the RWC squad he could have been one of our most used players. I.e. it's bad luck that he only played 7 games.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Scott penny at 20 only has the games he has because he is with Leinster that much is clear.

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

This is clearly a Nucifora driven agenda. There is no way that this is coincidence.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Where would Frawley go and not cause a "logjam". 3 10s in Munster, 2 in Ulster and Connacht. If he moves he would be in the same situation or some other up and coming talent would be.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!